Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awww...I wanted to scratch and win swag. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Try that android emulator for PC - probably works on that. Bluestack I think it's called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Wocky!

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    [*]Due to the changes with most classes abilities and the way they work, the days of 2 button macro spamming are pretty much over!
    Damn and I actually wanted to go back to Rift since my current GW2 class is broken and I didnt like MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Damn and I actually wanted to go back to Rift since my current GW2 class is broken and I didnt like MoP.
    Well if your looking for an awesome game that requires a bit of thought to play, then RIFT its your best bet, there are some fairly simple specs still remaining, just 'most' stuff has been changed so there are not more 'GG' Buttons, which overall I think has had quite a positive impact on the game ^^

Hopefully someone can help me here. I am 38/39 carnage quests in the Stepps. I have scoured the map and I cannot find the last mobs to kill for the carnage quest, is there something I can do to help me find it?

There is a new addon called carnage book, I love it.

You type /Carnage Zone Name and it will print the name of the quest and its objectives for the quests you've missed out on.

It will say the location 99% of the time; for example, kill 16 spiders in the bone graveyard. which should tell you where you need to go

here's the link:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...nage-book.html
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Hopefully someone can help me here. I am 38/39 carnage quests in the Stepps. I have scoured the map and I cannot find the last mobs to kill for the carnage quest, is there something I can do to help me find it?
    Steppes was one quest short. They've since turned digger bugs (or whatever) into Carnage targets. You'll find them inbetween the two Storm Legion bases

Try going to the architects that are south between the two forts, until the recent hotfix that went out they weren't a carnage and since then have become one. They were the 39th that most who had been stuck on 38 needed - since they weren't even an option at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    There is a new addon called carnage book, I love it.

You type /Carnage Zone Name and it will print the name of the quest and its objectives for the quests you've missed out on.

It will say the location 99% of the time; for example, kill 16 spiders in the bone graveyard. which should tell you where you need to go

here's the link:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...nage-book.html
    Thank you all who replied. I was sooooo hoping for an addon - this is great I'll try it at home. It's not that I default to lazy man's method - but I did mention that I have scoured the map manually with no luck, so this should be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are support classes important? If I play a bard for example, will it be more difficult to find a raid group?

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Are support classes important? If I play a bard for example, will it be more difficult to find a raid group?
    Support is very important. Most raid encounters require a bard and right now, bards are even good for experts since most people don't out gear them.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Sometimes you may be expected to bard. Every raid should have a bard and an archon/bm and situationally a tactician. However, more than one bard is a waste of a raid spot as buffs do not stack and that is all you are there for as a bard. I actually kind of like barding, however another rogue in my guild has the role of bard, so it always bard in 20m and I am expected to DPS. In 10m however I bard. I also have tank spec available for 5m and possibly if ever needed in a pinch.

With Rift, never expect to use only on spec. You have 6 to switch between at-will. There is no reason to be one spec all the time.

Deleted
    In the trailers it looks like there are guardians and defiants together in a raid, is that really possible or something they just did for the trailer? (If so, is there still world pvp?)

Factions are really only there for lore now. Guardian and Defiant can party up, trade, speak and even be in the same guilds. There is a huge new city that is shared by Guards and Defiant. Even the auction house & mail are cross faction.

There is still world PVP on PVP servers. Normal fashion. On PVE servers you have to flag up first and then the game accounts for faction difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Sometimes you may be expected to bard. Every raid should have a bard and an archon/bm and situationally a tactician. However, more than one bard is a waste of a raid spot as buffs do not stack and that is all you are there for as a bard. I actually kind of like barding, however another rogue in my guild has the role of bard, so it always bard in 20m and I am expected to DPS. In 10m however I bard. I also have tank spec available for 5m and possibly if ever needed in a pinch.

With Rift, never expect to use only on spec. You have 6 to switch between at-will. There is no reason to be one spec all the time.
    A little intimidating. I'll need to mess around and see what else I like. I chose bard because of the idea of support, but don't really feel up to dpsing or tanking. :<

Hey, im thinking about trying rift for real - I played it a bit after release, but gave up about lvl 40.
    Ive made some research by myself, so I have general idea what changed since then, but Im wondering about just one thing:

I heard somewehere that in late game you can macro effectively most of your skills into couple of macros, and just spam two-three buttons while in dungeon/raid (i mean, as a dps).
    Is it true? You can theoretically do the same in WoW - but its completely ineffective, due to procs, spell priorites etc, so how it is in Rift?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokford View Post
    I heard somewehere that in late game you can macro effectively most of your skills into couple of macros, and just spam two-three buttons while in dungeon/raid (i mean, as a dps).
    Is it true? You can theoretically do the same in WoW - but its completely ineffective, due to procs, spell priorites etc, so how it is in Rift?
    You can macro some spells together, however Storm Legion introduced and revamped the functionality and took away cooldowns of several abilities so that now it is fairly ineffective to macro multiple abilities together and generally speaking you will have a much higher performance in a raiding enviroment if you can play without macro's, some spec's still use quite a few macro's, but in all honesty I think the 'least' amount of buttons in total you can get away with playing in a endgame raiding spec is about 5/6, excluding cooldowns

Hey, im thinking about trying rift for real - I played it a bit after release, but gave up about lvl 40.
    Ive made some research by myself, so I have general idea what changed since then, but Im wondering about just one thing:

It was true, but ineffective just as it is in WoW, but for some reason, it kinda stuck with Rift as a "drawback" to the game (Don't ask me why, There is nothing simpler than NOT using a macro if you don't like to).

The Macro system has been changed so that you can no longer spam one button to get a full rotation across; it is now more priority based and more intelligent (for example, if you have a spell with a long CD, you can have a macro that would cast that specific spell when the its CD is up, otherwise, it would cast another spell. Same thing for dots, if a dot is currently on the mob, the macro would switch to the next spell in the rotation based on the priority list you have established in the macro).

Again, its designed more for intelligent play now than it used to be in the past where you can put 8 spells under one macro and spam that button non-stop.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

In Storm Legion they changed the way many skills work so that it is no longer effective to have 1-2 macros with like 9+ skills linked to just a couple of macros. It's just like Warcraft basically- procs, buffs, skill priorities.

Some of them won't even work because Rift's macro system is... well, it's not a macro system at all. It's a fail through system. Meaning that skills fire sequentially as long as they are off cool down.

An old Rift macro would have looked like this:

cast Rift Strike (15/s CD)
    cast Frost Strike (15/s CD)
    cast Searing Strike (no CD)
    cast Charged Pulse (15/s CD)
    cast Flamespear (15/s CD)
    cast Shock Pulse (no CDs)

Bound to hotkey #1, each press of the 1 key would advance the macro one step. Nothing executes all at once in Rift. An old macro would work like so:

1st press: cast Rift Strike <- use if not on CD
    2nd press: cast Frost Strike <- use if above skill is on CD
    3rd press: cast Searing Strike <- use if above skill is on CD
    4th press: cast Charged Pule <- use if above skill is on CD
    5th press: cast Flamespear <- use if above skill is on CD
    6th press: cast Shock Pulse <- use if above skill is on CD

In SL many of those type of macros have different timings which break a lot of old macros. Forcing some skills to have a more situational aspect now.

Above macro would partially no longer function in Storm Legion. Would be a MAJOR DPS loss too. Simply due to the fact you are not prioritizing or controlling buffs/debuffs with such macros any longer.

In SL it would just break, like so;

1st press: cast Rift Strike (no CD) <- use this skill immediately
    2nd press: cast Frost Strike (no CD) <- if above skill in on CD
    3rd press: cast Searing Strike (no CD) <- if above skill in on CD
    4th press: cast Charged Pule (15/s CD) <- if above skill in on CD
    5th press: cast Flamespear (4/s CD) <- if above skill in on CD
    6th pres: cast Shock Pulse (no CD) <- if above skill in on CD

As you can see, it would simply not work. Since the first skill will never be off CD. If you moved skills such as Rift Strike and Frost Strike lower in the macro sequence you would lose the buffs they provide. Benefiting from neither buff in any situation. Players have to control Frost Strike, Rift Strike, Charged Pulse and Flamespear individually to optimize damage.

Naturally, there are some soul combinations that have more easily macro'd abilities than others. My above example was merely theoretical. Nonetheless, SL went a long way to breaking a lot of the heavy macro-ing of Rift for serious play.

Emphasis on serious play because unless progression raiding in Rift one can play the game with any braindead skill/macro rotation and any class combination. Only a small sliver of players really need to worry about it to be quite honest.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-12-03 at 06:14 PM.