Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraend View Post
    Question on dimensions...

I saw in some videos that people could put a bartender NPC to serve drinks; are there other NPCs available to put in? Is the bartender guy a vendor that I could sell trash to?

Also, it would be really awesome if you could put a crafting station in there, have the devs talked about any plans to do something like that? What I would REALLY love is my own private training dummy.

Thanks
    There are currently 2 NPC's you have have one is a failed dimension engineer and the other one a bartender, the bartender lines up drinks across his bar when you talk to him and drinking them gives you the standard 'drunk' effect, in the guld dimensions you can have NPC's that offer the guild weekly quests.

From doing great hunt RIFT achievements there are various models of bosses you can have in your dimension that are on statue's, but you can drag the statue's underground so the models just stand on whatever terain it is, unfortunately these have no interaction, but you can play about with them to make some cool looking scene's and also from defeating volan you can get a great big Helmet of Volan to shove in your dimension.

Training dummies in dimensions is something that has been mentioned a LOT on the forums, so It is extremley likely that we are going to see these in the upcoming months. I mean with this addition to RIFT literally the sky is the limit and I am really excited to see what will be added to them in the upcoming months!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly thought dimensions were just a gimmick, and it may be, but... the effect it has had on the game is huge - so many things to do, buy. Quite awesome really

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I honestly thought dimensions were just a gimmick, and it may be, but... the effect it has had on the game is huge - so many things to do, buy. Quite awesome really
    Yep, and there's a whole new class of ways that crafters can make plat in every trade skill. The impact of that can't be underestimated.

Plus it's just damned cool to walk around in these dimensions. Our guild has one of our server's top dimension designers who now hires himself out for plat to design other people's dimensions. The effect is amazing. He designed an "observatory" for someone that was awe-inspiring to explore, and now he's working on our guild hall.

I did a little cave-city themed thing, and I'm happy with it, but it just can't compare to the stunning things some people are doing!

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I've noticed the tab target does indeed suck. Its like if I'm looking dead at an enemy and hit tab, then for some reason half the time it targets the enemy behind the one I am staring out (or an enemy way out in left field).
    Tab targeting in Rift takes some getting used to. In WoW, for example, tab targeting gets you the closest hostile target in a cone in front of your character.

In Rift, it's all hostiles (with complex rules for non-hostiles) within the PLAYER'S field of view. While this is amazing and wonderful for dot-based specs, it's a definite problem for those who play melee or nuke-based classes...
    WoW: Founder <Saturnalia>, Norgannon
    Rift: Mev <Ascended of Corthana>, Faeblight
    Gaming articles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepone View Post
    Tab targeting in Rift takes some getting used to. In WoW, for example, tab targeting gets you the closest hostile target in a cone in front of your character.

In Rift, it's all hostiles (with complex rules for non-hostiles) within the PLAYER'S field of view. While this is amazing and wonderful for dot-based specs, it's a definite problem for those who play melee or nuke-based classes...
    That is an excellent description of it. And it most certainly is the screen-door to my submarine while playing a Pyromancer.