View Poll Results: I like CRZ because:

Voters
70. This poll is closed
  • It's about PVP. I THIRST FOR NEW BLOOD.

12 17.14%
  • II didn't want that gathering node/mob anyway - & I feel like competition for it adds to the game.

3 4.29%
  • This isn't supposed to be a single-player game and I was starting to get a bit lonely.

43 61.43%
  • Other - please post a reason that isn't the above.

12 17.14%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Poll: I like CRZ because:

So in today's CRZ post from Blizzard I saw at least two posters who were in favor of CRZ.

This flabbergasted me - personally I loathe CRZ and consider anybody who thinks otherwise to be a ganker, griefer, sociopath, or worse. But in the interest of science... I must admit that I could be wrong. So you tell me - why do you like Cross Realm Zones? (CRZ)

1. It's about PVP. I THIRST FOR NEW BLOOD.
    2. I didn't want that mining/herbalism/skinnable mob anyway - and I feel like competition for the same adds to the game.
    3. This isn't supposed to be a single-player game and I was starting to get a bit lonely.
    4. Other - please post a reason that isn't the above.

(If you're reading this wondering where the poll is, I'm copying/pasting the above choices in as you read this. it's just how the system works.)

Sorry about the weirdness of answer #2, first the system didn't show the "I" now it shows two of them, and it complained that the length was too long.
    Last edited by markdall; 2012-10-30 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Clarifying that I'm not asking something starting with 'II' on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP. I don't gank lowbies, but I heavily enjoy the fact that I can chop horde (I'm on an alliance-dominant PVP realm, so this isn't an opportunity we usually get) in most zones. I'm the guy that kills the gankers. :P

Also Halaa!

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ isn't just on PvP servers.

I like it because when I level with low-level alts, there are actually people in the area to talk to.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some aspects of CRZ that I don't really like -- sharing rares and nodes and whatnot -- but I like that the world feels much more alive with the CRZ. I play on an old server with a population on the high side of medium, and I very rarely ever saw people out in the world in lower level zones. I like seeing people, I like feeling like this is an MMO. I did some Icecrown group quests with a random hunter the other day; in the past I would have just skipped them entirely for lack of people. So that is kinda nice.

I really like that I can group with people cross realm and get phased to them - or them to me - for questing. That is pretty awesome, to not only be able to group with friends on other servers, but to be able to do it for more than just five mans.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate CRZ and I'm not even on a pvp server, it has added nothing but frustration for me.

The only time I've actually noticed CRZ exists is when some guy talked on zone channel and he was from another realm.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ was like an open world LFG...people, of your own faction, being asshats for the sake of being asshats.

Aside from the availability of more people to gank on PvP realms, and the potential to balance populations on PvP realms, CRZ really has no objective benefits for players.

Meanwhile they are now resorting to listing things that it breaks permanently, and the list is pretty ridiculous when it includes things like multi-person mounts.

I love it, i got ganked like crazy when i was leveling my hunter, but on my main i get requests from guildies leveling and go help them kill some gankers, it's pretty it feels like war, it gives cohesion to the server and to the people playing, just yesterday a spriest was getting killed near me by 2 allies while doing dailies (this rarely happens) he sent me a party invite, so we succesfully killed them, they kept on jumping on us when a mage joined them, but still were no match, it was pretty sweet and the most fun i've had doing dailies in quite some while.

Well ok, it seems like the majority of people responding that they like CRZ like it because it makes the zones seem alive. Fair enough, thanks.

It's nice to see people out in the world. Really brightens things up.

I also enjoy the PvP-- just last night, my guild went out en-masse to STV to deal with a group of 90 horde who were ganking lowbies. I really, really love DEFENSIVE world PvP. You end up, win or lose, as a martyr or a hero, rather than a douchebag.

I can group up with friends from other realms and quest together with them

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I can group up with friends from other realms and quest together with them
    I got ganked once in Pandaria by a guy from another realm. I assume it was the situation you describe.

I wish I could pick #1 and #3

I love CRZ. Its brought the PvP back to my PvP server or I can switch and play my characters on a PvE server when I want a break from bashing in Horde skulls. Also, we have to remember its an MMORPG. Its nice to have the MMO back

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Now I get to listen to people from other servers whine about getting jacked using the typical racial and gay slurs they love to use because they lack the vocabulary to express their frustration in a normal fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing people is wonderful. Playing on a medium-low population realm that once upon a time had a queue. Unfortunately our raiding scene sucks and the battle group isn't the best so many people left. While leveling an alt I didn't encounter a single other player the entire time. It just felt so dead and empty. Now I can be on a low level character and encounter others. We sometimes compete for quests but sometimes goof around chat party up. It feels like an mmo now again.

Deleted
    Wow! This looks like an unbiased poll from someone who seems pissed by CRZ!
    Props to the op

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike CRZ because it does not address the real problem on dead servers...no raiding/pvp communities. I know it does not purport to solve these issues, but I think it allows Blizz to point to something when people complain about dying realms while still raking in dough from xfers. That being said I finally buckled after 5 years on a realm (the past 2 have been spent watching it bleed out and finally die) and purchased a xfer, so this no longer really affects me (although all my alts are still in the ghost realm).
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I dislike CRZ because it does not address the real problem on dead servers...no raiding/pvp communities. I know it does not purport to solve these issues, but I think it allows Blizz to point to something when people complain about dying realms while still raking in dough from xfers. That being said I finally buckled after 5 years on a realm (the past 2 have been spent watching it bleed out and finally die) and purchased a xfer, so this no longer really affects me (although all my alts are still in the ghost realm).
    Yeah, if I didn't have some friends to still raid with, I'd transfer a character to a PVE high-pop/full realm in a heartbeat. I've rolled some low level alts on one, and it's great - active economy, groups, and I assume (this was in 4.3) that there'll be less CRZ when your server's so populated in the first place. Win-win-win. My problem is that I'm a working adult on the West Coast, which is bad for raid times as most US raiding guilds have at least some people from the East coast that might like to go to bed at a humane hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    So in today's CRZ post from Blizzard I saw at least two posters who were in favor of CRZ.

This flabbergasted me - personally I loathe CRZ and consider anybody who thinks otherwise to be a ganker, griefer, sociopath, or worse. But in the interest of science... I must admit that I could be wrong. So you tell me - why do you like Cross Realm Zones? (CRZ)

1. It's about PVP. I THIRST FOR NEW BLOOD.
    2. I didn't want that mining/herbalism/skinnable mob anyway - and I feel like competition for the same adds to the game.
    3. This isn't supposed to be a single-player game and I was starting to get a bit lonely.
    4. Other - please post a reason that isn't the above.

(If you're reading this wondering where the poll is, I'm copying/pasting the above choices in as you read this. it's just how the system works.)

Sorry about the weirdness of answer #2, first the system didn't show the "I" now it shows two of them, and it complained that the length was too long.
    I cant stand the 30-45 seconds of screen freezes when I cross zones,
    I cant stand having my passenger dismounted and falling to their death,
    I cant stand the random ADD of time zones,
    I cant stand the blatant cranial-rectal inversion that Blizzard is afflicted with regarding CRZ.
    I cant stand the rank dishonesty about why they are doing it.

But, it still isn't enough to make me unsub.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.