Fury buff question

So seeing as how crit is out best stat. I was just curious, would using the crit food and elixer be more benificial than using strength food and flask? would the extra RB's outweigh the lower attack power by using those?

If the crit food/flask gives twice as much crit as strength, it would probably be worth it. But I don't think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    If the crit food/flask gives twice as much crit as strength, it would probably be worth it. But I don't think it does.
    That's wrong. Crit is actually HIGHER valued than str, point for point.

Also, simcraft it out. Find your exact stat weights, and go from their.

Yeah i knew crit was higher value, and i have honestly never simcrafted lol i know shame on me, maybe i'll try it out now, thnx

10+ Year Old Account
    Hypothetically, if crit is worth 2 points of strength, than anything that gave more than 500 crit would be a better drink than a flask.

Here's my question though, since 1 agility=1 crit (or is it 2 crit?)...wouldn't we be better off with agility food? And in that case, gemming agility? I know it's crazy talk for warriors to not do strength, but if that's the math, then that's what we should do.....right?

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 03:44 PM ----------

I'm actually gonna start a new thread with this. Ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post

Actually, it wasn't like that for me a few ilvls ago. Strength was slightly better

str:crit is 1:0.77 for me

Crit is not valued higher than strength at ilvls of ˜463 and up. The fact that makes crit better than strength is that gems have twice the amount of crit as opposed to strength on them. In regards to food, go for strength. Strength food has more strength than its crit counterpart and strength is still stronger point-per point.

Unless you're sitting at 496+ item level I highly doubt your crit is simming higher than strength point for point.

ty for all the help, yeah i'm sitting at ilvl466 right now, and i tried re arranging all my crit stuff, and went strenght food and flask and it gave me (on dummy) about a 8k difference and in the 5 mans and LFR i have run about the same amount on bosses

ty for the advice and such

1000 Strength vs 750 crit, I don't see how this is difficult.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Show me your source for this?

Sometimes people should really follow their own advice and simcraft it out.

Scale Factors for Darkfriend Damage Per Second

Scale Factors Str - 2.06 : Crit - 1.20

Using these scale factors 160 crit is > 80 str for you - same as 320 crit > 160 str - your gemming is wrong.
    Last edited by Hakto; 2012-11-02 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Show me your source for this?

Sometimes people should really follow their own advice and simcraft it out.

Scale Factors for Darkfriend Damage Per Second

Scale Factors Str - 2.06 : Crit - 1.20

Using these scale factors 160 crit is > 80 str for you - same as 320 crit > 160 str - your gemming is wrong.
    So, I've used simcraft for a while, but all I can get it to do is to say what my damage would be on a fight. Where do you see the scale factors?

Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    So, I've used simcraft for a while, but all I can get it to do is to say what my damage would be on a fight. Where do you see the scale factors?

options - scaling

Hey, i just ran simcraft and my scaling came up to STR: 1.98 and CRIT: 2.21. Is that a correct scale for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxmo View Post
    Hey, i just ran simcraft and my scaling came up to STR: 1.98 and CRIT: 2.21. Is that a correct scale for them?
    How would we know?

What's your armory, how many iterations did you run etc etc

Sorry, really new at this.
    Used 1000 iterations
    Im not allowed to post armory link, EU armory: proxmo
    Unbuffed
    Lengt: 450

If theres more to add, just let me know.

1000 iterations is considered the minimum to get a dps result for accurate scaling you need at least 10,000 iterations - many prefer 50k.

Assuming this is your character? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxmo/advanced

I ran 10k iterations and str/crit both came out at 2.39 - @25k iterations this changed to str 2.33 / crit 2.47 and @ 50k iterations it is 2.35 for str and 2.44 for crit (this is the most accurate).

So you should be gemming straight crit gems in every socket except your helm.

Ok, tyvm for the feedback, really appreciated :P