Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Best Two improvements they could make to CRZ?

First, Phase higher level players, so there's a similar bracket to each zone as for BGs. this way, People 50 levels higher than intended for the zone can't gank lowbies. its bloody frustrating to be down in ungoro or Blasted lands and get camped by a 90 in greens that i KNOW i could roll on my main, but because of the distance from portals and such he can fly off before i can get down there, or before any of my guild members can get there. im sorry kids, GANKING a lvl 40-50 on your 90 is about as close to PvP as a MMA Fighter Slapping around a kid is close to a fair fight.

And second: Make This CRZ stuff completely OPTIONAL.

MY biggest peeve is Blizzard stated CRZ was to help lowpop servers when it does just the opposite. it hinders low pop servers and spreads people friom high pop servers out. and since i cant raid with the CRZ people then it does nothing at all the PVE scene.
    Last edited by Kazlehoff; 2012-10-31 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Except it is pretty much the best feature implemented in any MMO... I bet you are one of those who thinks CRZ players steal "your" nodes...
    I sure am. My server isn't dead or dying. My server is one of the original 13(14). We were doing just fine before being tossed in with a bunch of scrubs. From 2am PST until 6am PST, they were MY nodes. Now I am having to compete for fish, ore, battle pets, herbs, etc. I hate it. We wouldn't need CRZ if Blizzard would take half of the unused realms offline and made people move.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I have yet to hear a single compelling argument against CRZ that doesn't have to do with bugs or self-centered whining without an adequate dose of logic.
    My single grief with CRZ (I don't play on PvP servers) is having to fight other players from other servers for resource nodes.

I don't mind fighting people from my server for nodes. If I wanted to farm lower level resources before CRZ, I'll either do it on off-hours or check the AH. Now both aspects are far more difficult with CRZ:

1. Off-hours with CRZ? Good luck, even without time zone differential, you will never find an hour of the day when people aren't out there farming.

2. The AH is now either over-inflated with lower level resources that are way too high priced (because they're far more rare now with CRZ), or there just isn't any because people aren't willing to fight CRZ to farm those nodes while leveling, etc.

Again, I don't mind fighting people from my server for nodes. Because I know that either a) that person might later sell it on the AH and I'll be able to buy it from them or b) they're just there to farm up materials to level their skill and the server benefits from it. Either way, the node fighting benefits the server I'm on in some way (even if very minor). With CRZ, node fighting now means that the dude who just beat me to a node or snarfs it from underneath me while I'm fighting a nearby mob has just disappeared, and I'll never see them or the resources again in any form.

CRZ is a huge negative to server economies.

Replace resource nodes in this post with rare mob spawns, and it's basically the same argument.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I'm sure they'll eventually copy Guild Wars 2 and have no more fighting over resource nodes, mobs or quests. Makes leveling far better and you actually are happy that others are in your area.
    That would certainly help. I'd like to point out that the population in MMOs has always, to me, been a serious detriment. An absolute neccessity, since without raiding and PvP the game would dry up fairly quickly. But when I see GC talk about "everybody ganking a single mob doesn't seem heroic", I cannot help thinking about my first reaction to MMOs. "This can't make any sense at all. I play these games to feel heroic. How the hell can you fell heroic when there's 10,000 heroes around you?"

MMOs work despite, not because, of the group elements and the most successful MMO, Wow, emphasized a solo leveling and content. It made forming groups with strangers much easier for a group of people who are often anti-social in real life. I don't think having more people in a zone plays to the strength of this game.

Making things difficult on a PvP server is hardly a problem from blizzard's perspective. If you really hate it, you'll probably switch servers or level a character on a PvE server and transfer. That's more money to them.

If Blizzard would allow even normal mobs to use the tagging system of the larger quest mobs, say the Behemoth from the GL dailies, then the entire competition aspect of the CRZ would disappear. As someone who responded to me earlier said, yes, this would mean you could technically get a bunch of dudes together and AoE things down. I don't really consider this much of a problem, though, since we're really talking about a matter of convenience. In this case, I'd say get the game's annoying mechanics out of the way.

One of the interesting things in Guild Wars 2 that Blizzard should consider copying for the remainder of this expansion, or at the very least their next expansion, is the atmosphere that a small change in philosophy like the above can bring. Rather than have a group of 20 people all trying to kill 12 Mogu in a fairly small area, competing and stepping all over each other with growing frustration, you would foster a somewhat more helpful community by removing the arbitrary restrictions that are built in to the way tagging works. If it's beneficial for a person to stop and help someone kill something, they'll do it. If it's not they won't.

Most of the leveling quests aren't really designed to be a smooth experience with more than 1-2 people in the area, spawns are very slow and mobs are generally limited to far less than you need to complete your quest when more than one person is there. In this respect the entire CRZ was a bad idea, and I really hope it's refined before they implement it any further. It's nice to see people running around zones again, but when that comes with once again fighting for nodes, mobs, and items to simply complete quests, it feels less like an enjoyable trek down memory lane while leveling a new toon and more a constant exercise in frustration when you see even an allied faction character.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Good to see they are not bowing to player pressure to remove CRZ.
    It won't ever remove, I have been saying this since they hinted at dungeon finder before it was implemented. Cross server guilds will happen, the boundaries are going away and its about damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Except it is pretty much the best feature implemented in any MMO... I bet you are one of those who thinks CRZ players steal "your" nodes...
    If you are one of the people who enjoys WoW because it's a multi-player game, then this will seem like a terrific feature. If instead, like me, you're one of the people who plays WoW in spite of the multi-player aspect, then this change is in the wrong direction. (Myself, I'd prefer an option to go into a completely instanced world.)

Blizzard has got to be careful about the balance. Both sorts play WoW. Both sorts provide revenue for them. If they go fully down one path or the other, they make one segment of the player base considerably more happy, but may completely alienate another segment. They've got to (for financial reasons) continue walking a like where everybody is pretty frustrated, but not quite frustrated enough to actually quit.

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by auxiliry View Post
    You weren't forced to play on a PvP server, derp derp...

Send me the $550 it would cost to transfer all my toona to a PvE server then.... I originally rolled on a PvP server because that is where my RL friends were..

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    CRZ isn't implemented in Pandaria. And no...nothing that is tagged before you is shared prior to Pandaria, unless you are in a party.
    What I wanted to say but you worded it better thank you.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    So there are 10 post-capped threads on US forums against CRZ. Still Blizzard pushes it through. What an ignorance. Though I guess Blizzard has no choice, and it is mainly push from Activi$ion to optimize hardware utilization cost-wise.
    Exactly what I am thinking unfortunately

I absolutely love how Blizzard is flat ignoring all the people who think they are playing a single player game and/or rolled on the wrong server type (pve players who rolled on pvp, I don't care what your lame excuse is "my friends play there" - then suck it up and pvp, or leave)

The whole CRZ thing is restoring my faith in the game. They are right not to listen to the forum crying crowd because at this very moment I guarantee you there are more people in the game enjoying world pvp then there is crybabies squaking on forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I absolutely love how Blizzard is flat ignoring all the people who think they are playing a single player game and/or rolled on the wrong server type (pve players who rolled on pvp, I don't care what your lame excuse is "my friends play there" - then suck it up and pvp, or leave)

The whole CRZ thing is restoring my faith in the game. They are right not to listen to the forum crying crowd because at this very moment I guarantee you there are more people in the game enjoying world pvp then there is crybabies squaking on forums.
    I do not shy away from world PvP but 90's camping lowbies is not world PvP its just being a loser no life #sshat

Just make a on and off switch please.

Deleted
    is it possible to actually form a group with CRZ players from other realms (not LFD, right-clicking on the players icon and choosing "invite to group")? Or do i just see them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I have yet to hear a single compelling argument against CRZ that doesn't have to do with bugs or self-centered whining without an adequate dose of logic.
    I'll bite on this one:
    With the removal of (virtually) all group quests, there is no reason for grouping.
    If we still had group quests, and HARD elite quests, then groups would be a good idea, and for that CRZ is exellent.. However, with solo-play being faster than group (due to xp penalty in groups) there is no reason to group with anyone else.

This is not self-centered, it's just facts...

10+ Year Old Account
    well ill tell ya what how it is right now i cant farm jack on my server at any time!

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Because getting ganked over and over again would improve my leveling experience yeah..
    i feel like forced to leveling trought dungeons from 15 to 85
    You could always kill level 2 boars in Arathi Highlands till you're 85.

Deleted
    hate this update been getting ganked from 60-80 on my dk :S

Deleted
    My one main gripe is that players can easily cause grief for you by putting you on follow and tagging any mobs you get close top (yes had that on my low level pala,with a 90 auto following and 1 shooting everything I got near too.
    And the fact you can't ignore someone on cross realm, so they can literally spend the day annoying you and nothing you can do to stop it.
    Personally I don't see what the need was to bring in CRZ, if they re added group quests I'd understand completely, but with heirlooms and massive xp in dungeons there's really no need for it.

Bad for PVE?
    I don't understand why people dislike Cross realm so much...

You're playing WORLD of warcraft, Yes you experience a emersive world with quests and creatures and story, but it also brings another aspect, people. It's true that you will find people playing with their guildies and friends 90% of the time in low level zones if they want to be grouped, but I had a long day of boring labor one night, i was tired of working and just wanted to level my warrior, I found some nasty group quests in grizzly hills, since it was late at night and my server has been "dying" I would normally never ever ever get a reply in grizzly hills general of someone willing to help, nobody in my guild was on so i gave it a shot, thanks to CRZ there was a level 78 paladin in the area who easily helped me with the level 74 quests.

It's examples like that which made me grow to really like CRZ, cool story bro or not, It's something that I found very useful.

-I also enjoy the outskirts of Orgimmar, and Silvermoon, There's lots of dueling and pet battles that go on, where on my server there may of been 2 or 3 duels max out there, ...in cata...

-People bitch all the time that "VANILLA was THE BEST EVARRRR" >.> You do realize that in vanilla there was a massive amount of ganking, Personally i enjoy it, it's mean, it sucks, but in the end its a passage, you get picked on til max level, you get gear, you go beat the guys ass if you ever see him, or you kill low levels of the opposing faction as payback. Sorry blizzard decided to listen. Maybe next time someone cries for Vanilla to come back we'll get unconnected flight paths.

Welcome to the machine kids.
    Last edited by Sysus; 2012-11-03 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only players that really like CRZ are those small minded little children that still live in mom's basement....they never grew up and find great glee in ganking any lowbie using the portal that ports them into Blasted lands to go to the portal to Outlands on PVP realms...they get great glee ganking anyone inside a load screen using the portal....and don't tell me you don't cause if you say you don't do it ...your lying....takes a lot of skill for a level 90 to kill a level 58 stuck in a load screen....

Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    You are saying this like it was a bad thing....

CRZ is the best feature ever introduced in this game. End of story.
    ^^^^^^^^^^