Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramaniscence View Post
    Everyone complaining about CRZ is, unfortunately, missing the point.

For the most part, CRZ are doing exactly what they were intended to do, and well: Create a more unified WarCraft community. They've increased and balanced World PvP on a faction v. faction level, and they've brought life to zones and servers that once felt dead. This is a GOOD thing.

The majority of problems you are experiencing are inherit problems with the game itself: Griefing, ganking, general player v. player harassment. WarCraft does nothing to discourage players from attacking characters that are a drastically lower level than they are. Some people like that (people who're a high level) other's don't (people trying to level lowbies), whether or not it's right or wrong has no simple answer, but it's clear the amount of ganking and low-level griefing has obviously risen drastically along with zone population. Maybe every town needs level 90+ guards, maybe there needs to be a kind of dishonorable kill system re-introduced, I don't know, but that problem does NOT lie with CRZ.

The same thing goes for questing, quest items, quest mobs, mining nodes etc. There is nothing to discourage griefing by stealing mobs, etc. It's easy to say "deal with it", but that's not necessarily the best response. (also winning the Stranglethorn fishing competition was never supposed to be easy, esp. on a PvP server.)

Cross-realm zones are essentially working as intended and you are experiencing World of Warcraft in the way that it was originally intended; a way that you may not have experienced in a very long time, if ever. You are now realizing that World of WarCraft itself, NOT CRZ, is broken. Hopefully Blizzard will address this on a GAMEPLAY level rather than just removing CRZ, because I believe that would be a huge step backwards.

Edit: Also to be fair, CRZ is a huge experiment and the level of data needed to determine how it would turn out is essentially unattainable without live testing. In order to bring everything back into order, as I said, they're going to have to make HUGE gameplay change, and I think that's a good thing. What we're experiencing now is a huge inconvenience, but a necessary evil. I view it as an incomplete improvement that is a sign of better things to come.
    A superb post, the voice of reason, hats off.

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Because getting ganked over and over again would improve my leveling experience yeah..
    i feel like forced to leveling trought dungeons from 15 to 85
    You weren't forced to play on a PvP server, derp derp...

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Um.. if you know this happens, why not fly separately? "Patient: doc, when I do this it hurts. Doctor: Then don't do that"
    If your friend is too low level they cant always fly themselves. Also its nice when you are doing it with your boyfriend, he can go make a drink while I fly us to where we want to go. Sometimes its nice to fly together.

Basically, your answer is simplistic, and the type of response of someone who can't see the bigger issue. You want to deal with the symptom, we want to deal with the cause.

They should let us choose, as a Battlepet Collector i HATE it. Let me turn off CRZ, then the people that like it still can be happy.

Um.. if you know this happens, why not fly separately? "Patient: doc, when I do this it hurts. Doctor: Then don't do that"
    Patient: My leg hurts when it walks!

Doctor: Well don't walk anywhere then.

Wow, thanks Doc!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love CRZ, good they are improving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
    Just take them out Blizz. No-one likes them. They have been nothing but a pain in the a$$.
    Idk.. honestly I enjoy the fact that theres more people around...

10+ Year Old Account
    Please explain to me how more people in a zone makes it more enjoyable especially since there are literally 0 group quests now, all it means is more people taking nodes/quest mobs and if you're on a pvp server more ganking. Allowing realID is a great feature, but randoms is pointless.

So this update is "We're not listening to our players, haw haw"?

Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool Blizzard! Keep wasting your time on useless stuff like that.

Deleted
    "We're happy with this thing that you hate"

I was running my alt through brd. I have 2 wow accounts. So I mounted up in Stormwind and went straight for burning steppes to BRD entrance....during my flight, my alt dismounted 3 times. It was so annoying. One time it dismounted in burning steppes in middle of pack of mobs and got killed before I could aoe all mobs... this CRZ zone crap has to go

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ugh...i swear if this comes to pandaria before the expansion is over im quitting, i can't put up with all the players from my OWN server let alone others :|

It's bad enough any cross-server buddies they group up with get to invade my server without them being able to get here without help.

It's only a matter of time before what little community wow has left goes down the toilet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you know, blizzard could actually fix the issue. Oh man logic must be beyond you!!!

We did the RaF, got the 2 seater mounts that they have essentially made useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you again for your feedback. We’re continuing to monitor reports and promptly ignoring them.
    Look, there was hidden text that I discovered in the code!

Everyone complaining about CRZ is, unfortunately, missing the point.
    No, you're missing the point. The point isn't about stealing. It's about opportunity. Outside of PvP servers (which I purposefully don't play, because I don't like being griefed) people are angry because where you were previously by yourself, leveling at your own pace, suddenly you have 10s of people crammed into the same place. It's an artificial gating device as insipid and anger-inducing as the Golden Lotus gate, or using both Valor and Rep grinds to buy a single item.

It's also a quality of life issue. I have absolutely no issue if you and your four friends from five different servers want to party up and quest together. That's great - huzzah, mutual happiness. I do have an issue with Blizzard just blatantly telling me, with no chance of opting out, that I am going to have to share my low population server with 100's of other players, but not have their high population resources available to me. That affects my quality of life. To the point, that if Pandaria had started CRZ, I wouldn't have bought it. As it is, I'm leveling my monk primarily through dungeons. It isn't fun.

Competition isn't the bees knees to some of us. Competition breeds hatred, hatred leads to canceled accounts. I chose a low pop server so I could interact with people on my terms - and yes, if I wanted to quest or archy or farm in solitude, I could. Now, I can't.

It obviously doesn't matter to you whose gameplay this interrupts, but please, for the love of Elune, don't put words in the mouths of us who are forced to endure this abomination with no recourse. Complaining to Blizzard falls on deaf ears - there are plenty of people who feel that shouting at the side community is their only chance to vent.

Cross realm zones makes the game feel old school in that regard again, but suddenly now it's bad? Yeah, you can tell the majority that used to play the game during vanilla and BC for example are long gone. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Or you know, blizzard could actually fix the issue. Oh man logic must be beyond you!!!

We did the RaF, got the 2 seater mounts that they have essentially made useless.
    Hard to fly separately when one toon is 35...

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    No, you're missing the point. The point isn't about stealing. It's about opportunity. Outside of PvP servers (which I purposefully don't play, because I don't like being griefed) people are angry because where you were previously by yourself, leveling at your own pace, suddenly you have 10s of people crammed into the same place. It's an artificial gating device as insipid and anger-inducing as the Golden Lotus gate, or using both Valor and Rep grinds to buy a single item.

It's also a quality of life issue. I have absolutely no issue if you and your four friends from five different servers want to party up and quest together. That's great - huzzah, mutual happiness. I do have an issue with Blizzard just blatantly telling me, with no chance of opting out, that I am going to have to share my low population server with 100's of other players, but not have their high population resources available to me. That affects my quality of life. To the point, that if Pandaria had started CRZ, I wouldn't have bought it. As it is, I'm leveling my monk primarily through dungeons. It isn't fun.

Competition isn't the bees knees to some of us. Competition breeds hatred, hatred leads to canceled accounts. I chose a low pop server so I could interact with people on my terms - and yes, if I wanted to quest or archy or farm in solitude, I could. Now, I can't.

It obviously doesn't matter to you whose gameplay this interrupts, but please, for the love of Elune, don't put words in the mouths of us who are forced to endure this abomination with no recourse. Complaining to Blizzard falls on deaf ears - there are plenty of people who feel that shouting at the side community is their only chance to vent.
    With all due respect, if you wanted to play a game by yourself with limited interaction with other people, perhaps World of WarCraft was not the best choice for you.

Edit: The fact of the matter is you were experiencing the game in a way it was not meant to be played. I realize you may not agree with that reality, but WoW is a "Massively multiplayer online role-playing game." Emphasis on the massively multiplayer.
    Last edited by Ramaniscence; 2012-10-30 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Cross realm zones makes the game feel old school in that regard again, but suddenly now it's bad? Yeah, you can tell the majority that used to play the game during vanilla and BC for example are long gone. lol.
    I've played since beta, and it never felt like this. Why? Because I am on a low pop server. I'm glad you feel all shiny with your overcrowdedness. I do not.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 01:40 PM ----------

With all due respect, if you wanted to play a game by yourself with limited interaction with other people, perhaps World of WarCraft was not the best choice for you.
    And what other game, in 2006, would you have suggested I play? Let me time travel and play that.