Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh, guess I'll stop playing since GameSpot gave MoP a 7.5/10. Didn't you guys know? Only 9/10 or 10/10 games are good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must say, their negatives (the ones you highlight) are ludicrous - phasing is hardly noticable compared to cata and I've never had a problem linking up with my friends. And pet battles both provide long-term motivation and short-term fun. Not sure what the reviewer was expecting.

I wonder how long this thread will last, considering it will likely only promote two "certain" people that post negatively about WoW. I'm all for discussion, but when you beat the topic into submission and won't, at the very least, entertain the other side, it gets stale very, very quickly.

I doubt any positive discussion will come of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Also, I have to laugh at all the posers complaining about dailies and rep while claiming BC was good.

Either you don't remember jack shit about BC, or you started in late Wrath and figure no one will notice.
    Don't try to make illusion of how things were in TBC. Rep was farmable in dungeons (except for "cosmetic" factions like Ogri'la or Netherwing) much like in WotLK and Cata (even easier, as you could get rep to exalted by lv66-70 normals), and dailies were truly optional, minimum frustrating, their purpose was to help with some cash by some quest-like grind, other purpose - to help tanks and healers due to their slow (still faster than in MoP) killing speed.

On topic: don't think much people care about game ratings on various sites, most people usually read players/buyers' submtted reviews. Sites need to function - they do it with help of ads and promotion of games (by writing favorable or unfavorable reviews). Having said this, I think 7.5 is way too high.

Also, I have to laugh at all the posers complaining about dailies and rep while claiming BC was good.

Either you don't remember jack shit about BC, or you started in late Wrath and figure no one will notice.
    I completely agree. I find it really funny that people who talk about how great BC was are now complaining about a grind. Does no one remember Ogri'la, Netherwing, or Isle? And don't try to tell me dailies are less optional now-- you can get gear from crafting, arenas, dailies, heroics, LFR, and world bosses to supplement your progression. Dailies are NOT required.

For the poster above who said that TBC dailies were "minimally frustrating," I /hated/ nearly all TBC daily hubs. I find Pandaria to be much more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-10-31 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Don't try to make illusion of how things were in TBC. Rep was farmable in dungeons (except for "cosmetic" factions like Ogri'la or Netherwing) much like in WotLK and Cata (even easier, as you could get rep to exalted by lv66-70 normals), and dailies were truly optional, minimum frustrating, their purpose was to help with some cash by some quest-like grind, other purpose - to help tanks and healers due to their slow (still faster than in MoP) killing speed.

On topic: don't think much people care about game ratings on various sites, most people usually read players/buyers' submtted reviews. Sites need to function - they do it with help of ads and promotion of games (by writing favorable or unfavorable reviews). Having said this, I think 7.5 is way too high.
    Oh, excuse me! You could avoid the grind of dailies by grinding a set dungeon over and over! Oh, how very progressive of it.

Also, I honestly chuckled to myself when you said tanks and healers killed things faster in BC than now. Just admit you didn't play back then, man.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Gamespot....Gamespot

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they fire a guy for giving kane and lynch a bad review? Kinda shows what credibility they have when they give a guy hell for not giving a game a high review.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I completely agree. I find it really funny that people who talk about how great BC was are now complaining about a grind. Does no one remember Ogri'la, Netherwing, or Isle? And don't try to tell me dailies are less optional now-- you can get gear from crafting, arenas, dailies, heroics, LFR, and world bosses to supplement your progression. Dailies are NOT required.

For the poster above who said that TBC dailies were "minimally frustrating," I /hated/ nearly all TBC daily hubs. I find Pandaria to be much more enjoyable.
    Yeah don't forget that to do heroics back then you needed to farm normals until you hit revered in order to buy the keys that would allow you to do heroics. The game was one big ass grind back then yet people conveniently forget when they declare it the best expansion ever.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2012-10-31 at 12:47 AM.

Deleted

It's not that mop is worse than bc its that the gaming industry got ahead faster than wow progressed and now they ain't the forerunner anymore so they wont get the gold medal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancleave View Post
    Vanilla : 7/10
    Burning crusade : 8/10
    Wrath of lich king : 9/10
    Cataclysm : 4.5/10
    Mists of pandaria (this far) : 5.5/10

My opinion
    Are you insane? Lich King 9? That's the expansion that destroyed a good thing...Sitting in cities waiting for queues, endless welfare epics, stupidly easy content, dull, not enough content to keep people interested...thus the start of the declines in subs.

Vanilla 8/10
    TBC 10/10
    Lich 4(max)/10
    Cata 4(max)/10
    Panda 8/10 so far.

That's more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    the first car was amazing for the it's time but it cant compare to the current models, if you would release it now it would be laughed at.
    BC was amazing for its time, mop is the first car in new painting and some other upgrades released in current time, the upgrades are nice but its still nothing special compared to the current other cars so you can't call it amazing.

It's not that mop is worse than bc its that the gaming industry got ahead faster than wow progressed and now they ain't the forerunner anymore so they wont get the gold medal.
    I don't remember a single person EVER saying, "Yay, I get to do my dailies!" Not in BC, not in any expansion. They are filler content, and they always have been.

So far, 7.5 seems more than fair as a score, based on what I've seen. Solid enough, but nothing particularly amazing / jaw dropping.

Were folks actually expecting 9's or perfect 10's here? If so, based on what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    Are you insane? Lich King 9? That's the expansion that destroyed a good thing...Sitting in cities waiting for queues, endless welfare epics, stupidly easy content, dull, not enough content to keep people interested...thus the start of the declines in subs.

Vanilla 8/10
    TBC 10/10
    Lich 4(max)/10
    Cata 4(max)/10
    Panda 8/10 so far.

That's more like it.
    Subscriptions did not decline in Wrath of the Lich King until after the last content patch (which happens every expansion).

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So far, 7.5 seems more than fair as a score, based on what I've seen. Solid enough, but nothing particularly amazing / jaw dropping.

Were folks actually expecting 9's or perfect 10's here? If so, based on what exactly?
    A 7.5 is a good rating. The problem arises in that Gamespot gives away a 9+ to any 'big game', especially if they were...properly motivated.

No one with an ounce of dignity would give a yearly game like Call of Duty anything higher than a 5. You want to talk about 'rehashed content' or 'lack of innovation', you need to look no further.

Deleted
    Man their 'bad section' really is a massive blow to WoW overall...I mean did they even play the game? scoring it down based on what is essentially just a side feature.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

I wouldn't claim MoP to be perfect, but with damn near any "competent" game getting a 9/10, anything lower "sounds" like a failure. I blame the scale and the reviewers.

everyone knows mop is the best expansion this far so it doesnt matter how much gamespot gives rating

I can already see Wowhards getting all bent out of shape because a site posts a less-than-favorable opinion of the game they're so attached to.

It's like...the people addicted to this game simply want mass approval from everyone. When someone comes out and speaks poorly of it, they go into attack mode and the other person becomes "the troll".

Me? I haven't played WoW in years, but this forum is entertainment and a regular reminder to me of the types of people I'd encounter if I played. Great incentive to stay away. [I'll admit a few times of the years I've considered starting a new char and starting from scratch, I know it'd end up all the same yet one more time.]

Quote Originally Posted by vihtahousu View Post
    everyone knows mop is the best expansion this far so it doesnt matter how much gamespot gives rating
    Blanket statements with no evidence is a horrible way to make an assertion; why is the the best? And don't lump everyone together.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
    I can already see Wowhards getting all bent out of shape because a site posts a less-than-favorable opinion of the game they're so attached to.

It's like...the people addicted to this game simply want mass approval from everyone. When someone comes out and speaks poorly of it, they go into attack mode and the other person becomes "the troll".

Me? I haven't played WoW in years, but this forum is entertainment and a regular reminder to me of the types of people I'd encounter if I played. Great incentive to stay away. [I'll admit a few times of the years I've considered starting a new char and starting from scratch, I know it'd end up all the same yet one more time.]
    I don't mind if people don't like WoW, what I hate is bad logic, fallacies, and general "WoW hating". If you don't like it, that's fine, but if you can't state a logical reason as to why, then that irritates me. Also, don't post in every f-ing thread about it. We get it, you don't like it. (This isn't directed at you.)

Deleted
    Subscriptions did not decline in Wrath of the Lich King until after the last content patch (which happens every expansion).
    Please read before typing, I said "thus the start of the declines in subs." Subs started going down in Lich, which you just confirmed when you kindly added the point about them going down more so after the last content patch, which I believe is still DURING Lich Fail expansion.

They carried all the fail over into Cata, and now they are redeeming themselves by turning the clocks back to a more TBC style expansion, which most of the player base is very happy about. It's the Lich babies who are used to sitting in cities that are the ones crying about having to actually....do stuff out of the confines of a city.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

What a load of crap, you couldnt get rep beyond revered in normal dungeons so getting to exalted from "66-70 normals" is just blatant lies. There were just as many long and frustrating daily chains in BC if not more. I'm done with my MoP rep grinds already, through the whole of BC I only managed to get a couple to exalted. Did you even play in BC ?

If they implemented the TBC rep grinding system today, the players on this forum complaining about dailies would have conniption fits. Wait, I need to grind to revered with this faction before I can even go into a heroic??? Would be fun times.