Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation GameSpot gives MoP 7.5 Rating

Ouch.

The Good

Plenty of activities to keep you engaged
    Pandaren race and monk class offer variety
    Gorgeous expanses to explore
    Challenge mode is a great way to test your skills.

The Bad

Phasing gets in the way of adding friends to the fold
    Pet battle system lacks the thrill of discovery.

http://www.gamespot.com/world-of-war...eview-6398907/

EDIT
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2012-10-31 at 12:08 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Pet Battles is not a failure.

Deleted
    gamespot - "hey blizz are you going to pay us tons of money and advertise your product on our site"

blizz - "no we have a massive audience and will promote via our own means"

gamespot "enjoy your 7/10"

10+ Year Old Account
    I give gamespot a 3/10 ever since I had 50$ of store credit stolen by one of their employees. Screw gamespot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Ouch.

The Good

Plenty of activities to keep you engaged
    Pandaren race and monk class offer variety
    Gorgeous expanses to explore
    Challenge mode is a great way to test your skills.

The Bad

Pet battle system lacks the thrill of discovery.

http://www.gamespot.com/world-of-war...eview-6398907/

By the way, I knew pet battles was going to be a failure.
    Its not surprising. Its just more of the same ole same ole. Every other expansion rated 9/10 or higher.. yes even cata. TBC was the highest rated expansion.

Pet battles are a failure?
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

Phasing was bigger problem in Cataclysm than MoP, and pet battles are not meant to be deep but a distraction. The score and the good vs bad list does not match. At all.

I could pull a 4/10 out of my butt to rate this thread for it's lack of originality (there has already been million threads about metacritic scores of MoP) and it'd be just as valid as GameSpot's complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not surprising. Its just more of the same ole same ole. Every other expansion
    You have a problem understanding what the word "expansion" means? Of course it's more of the same, not a completely different game.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    gamespot - "hey blizz are you going to pay us tons of money and advertise your product on our site"

^ spot on. gamespot lost all credibility when they gave MW2 9/10, and then continued to give the yearly game high reviews when they were just an outdated rehashed copies of COD4 (the last true COD)
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

not realy sure how a 7.5 rating ( = good by there standards ) is so bad
    and yet again ... what does it matter what a place like gamespot things ? ... it is all down to one thing only ... do YOU have fun playing a game ? if no then stop if yes keep gaming .... not that hard.

also dont see how pet battles are a failure ... do them if you like .. it is just another way to use time when playing ... none force you to do it.

The Bad

Isn't phasing a wotlk feature? Unless they were talking about CRZs which are meant to help us make friends...

That's funny... I haven't had a single issue with phasing, and pet battles are a TON of fun. Searching around the world for pets to capture feels very "discover-ous."

I don't agree with that rating based on that good/bad list in the slightest...

That said, I don't much care what a review site thinks of the game I'm playing. Some of my favorite games are 7s or 8s. As long as I'm enjoying it and it's worth my time and money, what do I care what Gamespot thinks?

By the way, I knew pet battles was going to be a failure.
    Pet battles weren't a failure.

What were they supposed to achieve? How did they not achieve that?
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-10-31 at 12:14 AM.

Oh no,they gave it a bad score?Oh well,better stop playing then...

Deleted
    Ever since they fired the dude that gave Kane & Lynch a bad review because they were being paid to advertise the game, I never opened it again, no clue why anyone would.

the modern day game review sites have become really biased due to money ^^. so just ignore it and play the games you want to play. i have found plenty of games that those sites rate as do not buy but i buy them anyways and they end up being a blast. i just sit there in awe and in a dafuq moment wondering what goes on in there minds to make them think this game is bad

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I give gamespot a 3/10 ever since I had 50$ of store credit stolen by one of their employees. Screw gamespot.
    I hope this is a joke but I'm not sure... though they use the same letters in their names, GameSpot is not the same thing as GameStop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not surprising. Its just more of the same ole same ole. Every other expansion rated 9/10 or higher.. yes even cata. TBC was the highest rated expansion.
    And the fact that Cata was rated higher automatically discredits the review.

Cataclysm was, at best, an almost unbelievable failure.

Also, I laugh at the credibility of any 'reviewer' that gives a Call of Duty game anything higher than a 5.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    Vanilla : 7/10
    Burning crusade : 8/10
    Wrath of lich king : 9/10
    Cataclysm : 4.5/10
    Mists of pandaria (this far) : 5.5/10

My opinion

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post

This, rofl.

Deleted
    Too high.

Max of 6 from me, possibly lower if they just add more dailies....

Quests are badly designed and poorly set out, almost designed to cause maximum frustration.
    No options in how to earn rep or spend vps, you have to do dailies.
    Poor balance, bliz clearly have no idea where they are going with some specs (mist weaver), and made others boring as hell (wind walker).

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vancleave View Post
    Vanilla : 7/10
    Burning crusade : 8/10
    Wrath of lich king : 9/10
    Cataclysm : 4.5/10
    Mists of pandaria (this far) : 5.5/10

My opinion
    I pretty much agree, though if they add more dailies as 'content', it will dip below cata.....

Also, I have to laugh at all the posers complaining about dailies and rep while claiming BC was good.

Either you don't remember jack shit about BC, or you started in late Wrath and figure no one will notice.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!