Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So because of another title where you can just run around flagging mobs for killcredit wow is not a social game since it lacks this "feature". Interesting. Apart from not really getting how talking to people to form a party to kill stuff is less social than just tab flagging anything and hope that someone will kill it but well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    whats as well on the list of antisocial forces in the game is: Dailies!
    I did all of my dailies in 5 man groups exclusively. Deal with it. Oh okay of course we didn't cook food for the tillers together...
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-10-31 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    But the tech is already there. Named quest mobs can't be tagged, so why not make all mobs that way.
    I imagine that adding new tech is easier than changing 8 year old (core) tech.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    So because of another title where you can just run around flagging mobs for killcredit wow is not a social game since it lacks this "feature". Interesting. Apart from not really getting how talking to people to form a party to kill stuff is less social than just tab flagging anything and hope that someone will kill it but well.

I did all of my dailies in 5 man groups exclusively. Deal with it. Oh okay of course we didn't cook food for the tillers together...
    Just because you don't like that GW2 have that feature, and wow doesn't, does not make it automatically bad.

WoW was more social before server transfers, cross-realm BG's, and LFD/LFR.
    Playing wow now is just a continuous queues with anonymous people from other servers, than you won't see anymore.
    Anonymity and impunity brings out the worst of people. Why behave nicely, when you can get away from it?

A... "feature" like this might fix a bit the lack of social stimulus wow has.
    It won't fix wow sociability, but every bit, helps.

I was happily questing along albeit on a PVE realm, saw people from CRZ, didn't really mind. I can see why in PVP it becomes the worst parts of "world pvp" aka being ganked by half a guild.

But Blizzard probably saw so many people saying World PVP was missing and they figured they would bring it back, but you don't see many of those posts any more.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    From http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...doesnt-get-it/

WoW punishes players attempting to work together outside of groups because of mob tagging and players prefer seeing the enemy in CRZ so they cant kill competition farming quest mobs

I haven't played other mmos, but didn't Warhammer online and Guild wars 2 have features that let you work together with other players? Why must wow force us to avoid friendly players and be anti-social?
    Personally I'm almost never doing something alone. Even my dailies I do with a full group to get things done as fast as possible.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is more of a social game than any other MMO out there, And please stop with this rubbish "blizz is forcing us" No, no they are not, Grow up!

Part of the problem might be the fact that every single aspect of leveling has been watered down to be achievable solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    The only reason I play WoW is because of the social aspect of it.
    This pretty much. It's not the only reason for me, but it's certainly the biggest.

The game is as social as you make it.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW was very social until, ToC.

It's only gotten worse and worse and worse and worse, since then...