Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ugh, no.

That movie turned me from being a movie fanatic to hating movies for the next 10 years or so after hearing everyone fawn all over it.
    Titanic was so sickeningly manipulative and cliche that it made me groan. Avatar was the same way.

I am not a Cameron fan anymore.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

I'll admit I cried the first time I saw it back in '97 when I was 9 or so. I've seen it a few times since, and...meh. I've always had an interest in Titanic (the ship itself) and I thought Cameron did a pretty respectable job in terms of bringing it to life. As far as the story goes, meh, it's just a chick flick in disguise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still? Never.

Deleted
    thats the funny part for me when i watch movies like titanic or braveheart i will never cry,now give me an emotional anime like angel beats,elfen lied i will cry untill my eyes are dried up(i even cried on fire fist ace his death)

I still do. D;

No. Titanic is such a bad movie that it pisses me off.

I always shed a tear when the stupid old lady throws that necklace into the ocean

Was I supposed to? On another note, I cried like a baby when the Going Merry died (if anyone knows what I'm talking about)
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

yeah every time. not when jack dies as i think that scene is too badly written to make anybody cry, but mainly in two parts - always the very ending when elder kate returns to the ship in death/while dreaming (nobody agrees which one it is), and sometimes earlier when the irish mom is reading hto her kids in bed as water fills their compartment, its just a very sad scene that she can't save her kids so she is trying to make their death is least terrifying as it can be. if you don't cry during that your heart is a rock.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen Titanic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Was I supposed to? On another note, I cried like a baby when the Going Merry died (if anyone knows what I'm talking about)
    hehe yeah i never got that emotional for a boat before
    lol i never got emotional for a boat before

Deleted
    Nah, Titanic has way too many cliches.

Btw:

My dad took me to see Titanic when it first came out. Was a kid then, 11 or 12 if I recall, neither of use knew what the movie was about, he just knew we we're learning about the Titanic's wreck and such in school, (was the anniversary of it or some nonsense). Needless to say, I didn't learn much about the ship, nor did I cry, Dad made us leave before anything really happened. But I have watched it since, and it never made me cry.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Naa I've only cried once during a movie (Lord of the Rings, obviously). I can understand why some people cry during Titanic though; it is pretty depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    Nah, Titanic has way too many cliches.

Btw:
    well erm the reason they both didnt get on was that the wood plank wouldnt hold both their weights without sinking, not that they both couldnt fit.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    well erm the reason they both didnt get on was that the wood plank wouldnt hold both their weights without sinking, not that they both couldnt fit.
    Dis, i cry erritime

I haven't seen Titanic, but I would probably be more upset at that marvellous piece of engineering (ok, so the design was a bit flawed) breaking up and sinking than anything else. For perspective, I get choked up if I see a car getting crushed or they are doing a documentary on that "aircraft' graveyard" on TV, and consider Isambard Kingdom Brunel to be one of the greatest people ever to walk this planet.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-11-04 at 11:10 AM.

Never seen the movie, never planning to. What's the point, I know the ship sinks.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Do you still cry when you watch Titanic
    only out of complete and utter boredom of having to sit through over 3 hours know that in the end the ship sinks. Just once. I wish they would give an alternative ending where the ship doesn't sink, and everyone is saved by anal probing aliens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get the complaints at why the movie is bad. It isn't the greatest cinema adventure ever created, but by no standard is it bad.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream