Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy A question on PVP. Directed at WZ players.

Hi

I play pvp on Tomb of FN - Im on the EMP side. I play about 20 Wz a night, have done for best part of 6 months. I find that REB win above 95% of the time. Even with premades.

its relentless, even if the teams are balanced it always feels like they have the advantage. Even when i go in with 2/3/4 guilders. Now people I know are going to argue, well your obviously not playing right etc etc, but were players that are geared better then 99.9 % of players in pvp. Were players that have devoted every gaming hour to PVP, know our clases inside out 1300 expertease 20,000 HP + We know our shit, and yet pugs / premades what ever REB still seem to have the edge. Theres a definiate inbalance between factions. Im not saying we dont win, we do but 1 in 10 or even 1 in 20 against the reb and the ones we do win we have to bust our balls beyond every means to win, and when reb win its effortless.

Players on the EMP side before the match even starts are always saying stuff like, here we go another slaughter! - and new players ask the more experinced ones do emp ever win? When my guild log off and i play into the early hours its loss after loss after loss, when up agaist reb. Im all about balance and fairness but there is obviously a fundamental flaw in this game when it comes to a balance.

I recal playing wow, and its was never like 1 sided the whole time every time. Sure there were times horde seemed invincible but not like what im experiencing here.

I am purely asking people thoughts on this, is anyone else experiencing this ice skating uphill effect when playing pvp vs reb?

Well spotted my friend. Maybe not 95 % but the republic win rate against the empire is ridiculously high.. I wonder if it is possible that the classes are not balanced ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    Hi

I play pvp on Tomb of FN - Im on the EMP side. I play about 20 Wz a night, have done for best part of 6 months. I find that REB win above 95% of the time. Even with premades.

its relentless, even if the teams are balanced it always feels like they have the advantage. Even when i go in with 2/3/4 guilders. Now people I know are going to argue, well your obviously not playing right etc etc, but were players that are geared better then 99.9 % of players in pvp. Were players that have devoted every gaming hour to PVP, know our clases inside out 1300 expertease 20,000 HP + We know our shit, and yet pugs / premades what ever REB still seem to have the edge. Theres a definiate inbalance between factions. Im not saying we dont win, we do but 1 in 10 or even 1 in 20 against the reb and the ones we do win we have to bust our balls beyond every means to win, and when reb win its effortless.

Players on the EMP side before the match even starts are always saying stuff like, here we go another slaughter! - and new players ask the more experinced ones do emp ever win? When my guild log off and i play into the early hours its loss after loss after loss, when up agaist reb. Im all about balance and fairness but there is obviously a fundamental flaw in this game when it comes to a balance.

I recal playing wow, and its was never like 1 sided the whole time every time. Sure there were times horde seemed invincible but not like what im experiencing here.

I am purely asking people thoughts on this, is anyone else experiencing this ice skating uphill effect when playing pvp vs reb?
    Firstly, I believe you're in bad luck streak. I'm playing in ToFN too and I main a Scoundrel and a Jugg alt. I have noticed that the 1-49 bracket, Imps tend to win more, I don't know why, this is what I've seen. As for lvl 50 warzones, it has come to my notice, Republic has more healers in pugs and a better balance in classes. Imp WZ team is mostly Marauders and Powertechs with some Sorcerers now and then

Deleted
    Perhaps it is a influx of healers on reb - either was lvl 50 pvp - we get owned pretty much constantly.

Same thing happens on Jedi Covenant. I do alright on the 1-49 bracket, but 50 PvP is stomp city. Sometimes takes two weeks to finish a weekly, if I don't get on and PvP every single evening. I have a theory on this.

On some realms, one faction was a lot better than the other. This led to disenchantment and frustration, due to losses. A lot of people swapped over to the other faction. That happened to be the Republic side, for many of the servers that merged into JC.

To worsen the deficit, I see it all the time in guild chat. "Tired of losing, going to play my Pub toon." It's disgusting.

Now, the good PvPers that stuck with SWTOR all seem to be Republic, while the "mehs" or the people that just play for Story are still Empire. Those of us that are actually good are swept away amidst a sea of mediocre PvPers. A few really good players are still shit if half the team are window-licking to yet another loss. I mean sure, I could swap over to the Republic side and "join the winning team", as so many have done, but fuck that. Empire for life, baby. Even if we do get our balls stomped in.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Nope, it's all in your head. Classes in each faction are balanced. Players' skill level though are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Nope, it's all in your head. Classes in each faction are balanced. Players' skill level though are not.
    Yeah, I agree. I don't think one faction has an advantage over the other when it comes down to the numbers. It's just that most servers, all the good PvPers who are still playing ended up on one side or the other, and the other side reeeeeally gets shit on.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I don't think one faction has an advantage over the other when it comes down to the numbers. It's just that most servers, all the good PvPers who are still playing ended up on one side or the other, and the other side reeeeeally gets shit on.
    I started noticing that on JC before I stopped playing too. It wasn't until the transfers, because before that Emp dominated. I guess the merger just brought a lot more PvP focused people to the Rep side. If they had time (which they don't), they could really look at implementing game wide queues for PvP in an effort to balance out the W:L ratio. It does wonders for balance in other games, though it sacrifices some of the 'competition' that they are so keen on.

Deleted
    Only done 1-49 so far, but unless premade Rep seems to have more/better healers. And healers are the deciding factor in that bracket, not a single time one side lost when it dominated the healing meters.

I win as empire 80%+ of the time. And I'm soloing most of the time too. Never takes more than 2 days to get the weekly done and I spend roughly 2 hours per day playing. Very odd to hear pubs are rolling you. My gear still sucks - not even full battlemaster yet.

Deleted
    Perhaps its just our server - perhaps reb do have just an influx of very skilled players - at lvl 50, you only have to come try pvp on this server and see for yourself. yesterday i played 20 odd matches, some with guilders some pug, some solo - we won 2, and 1 was agaist the EMP - maybe this can be explained away by skill, but it it were a balance then ud roll the dice and it would be at least 50/50 ish. ud think! - and its not just last night - its every night! i will play tonight and the same thing will happen.

The factions are definitely balanced. To be honest, they were less balanced before when Shock was an instahit and, whatever that grab a rock and throw it ability, was not. As of the last time I played, they had fixed all of that. Throw in the fact that you don't have racial abilities and the exact same classes on each side, that leads to relatively balanced factions with imbalanced classes. Maybe you just keep getting caught up against 6 Sentinels and 2 healers.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2012-10-31 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    All in my head huh? even the very wise can not see to all ends. You must be a truly gifted individual. Must be tiring to be you.

It'd be nice if Empire had any healers in its WZ's but it seems they all went Republic as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    All in my head huh?
    Yes it is. Two words: mirror classes... end of discussion.

I have characters on both factions on ToFN and my experience so far has been that emp wins more during day/evening and reps win more during late evening/night. Overall it's more or less 50/50. But that's only lvl 50 though, reps usually dominate pre 50 PvP no matter what time it is.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2012-11-01 at 01:19 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Really?...Really?

That's a pretty terrible argument to state 'end of discussion'.

Mirror classes have nothing to do with the overall balance of a game. Let's look at some factors that determine balance ok?
    1) Faction preference
    2) Server
    3) Time Zones
    4) Players constantly in flux
    5) Desire to PvP
    6) Ability to PvP

Any of these factors can be altered to produce a significantly different balance in the game. Mirror classes have absolutely nothing to do with what someone is experiencing. If you are ending a discussion with that point, it must be an entirely different discussion than this one.

Edit:
    Using a much more prevalent video game as an example, we can't exactly say what causes this imbalance. What we can definitively say is that the distinction is noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post

reps usually dominate pre 50 PvP no matter what time it is.
    Did you feel any dissonance when you wrote this?

If not. Would you like to be a fox news pundit?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I PvP a lot on Po5 and it seems to me that Republic wins more in the 1-49 and the Empire wins at 50. When I play my Empire toons we seem to be against other Imperials the majority of the time.

Its circumstantial, but just what I've observed. Early on with the server it seems like the Imperials grabbed up all the WH gear and has been stomping the Republic since, they're only now catching up.

On the Bastion your average rep is a pretty solid player. Sith they range from amazing to keyboard turning clicking, terrible. On my vanguard the daily and weekly go fast just solo queueing. My Marauder/BH on the other hand it is hit or miss. Some good and some bad games, but not impossible at all to get the quests done quick enough when I am stuck solo queueing.
    Last edited by Drakos; 2012-11-02 at 07:22 AM. Reason: All at level 50

Pretty sure the point of the 'mirror classes' statement is to illustrate that both factions have equal chance according to the game rules. The fact that baddies might opt to congregate with baddies in a particular faction doesn't really change the fundamental rules that have been established.

I win pretty consistently with a couple guildies as team mates so doesn't matter to me.