WW monk 2pc worthless through HOF

Got pretty luck from sha this week. But shortly after going though the first three bosses of heart of fear, Im finding near impossible to use FOF on cooldown. Not so much as chi problem but Mechanic wise. This isnt one of those FOF is worst skill ever threads but i will admit its pretty close. Ive done heroic MSV and ive started to love this skill no problem maybe a hi cup here and there on stone guardians but overall i enjoy this skill. Im just seeing alot mechanics you cannot avoid either cutting FOF short or being forced to move. I would really like to hear other monks thoughts as they go though heart of fear, and there thought on FOF and its use in raid.

Deleted
    Fof is a terrible skill, nothing monk like about it. The 2set is also terrible, EVERY single dps spec/class except the monk has their 2set as 'increase damage of your insertmainskillhere by x%' and the 4set is kinda meh as well

Deleted
    I like the ability, but it would be great if we weren't locked down while using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    Fof is a terrible skill, nothing monk like about it. The 2set is also terrible, EVERY single dps spec/class except the monk has their 2set as 'increase damage of your insertmainskillhere by x%' and the 4set is kinda meh as well
    Such great and informative criticism right here.

I really like the skill. I think it separates the bad monks from the good monks.
    Although i would really like to see a glyph that makes it so i can cast and move, but reduce it by certain amount of damage.

I am sure blizzard is keeping an eye on this and will tweak if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysko View Post

I really like the skill. I think it separates the bad monks from the good monks.
    Although i would really like to see a glyph that makes it so i can cast and move, but reduce it by certain amount of damage.

We should just chop off half your fingers of anyone who types stuff like this, that way you can really show us how pro you are brah.

That was entirely unnecessary. Please try to be more respectful when posting. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-11-01 at 12:55 PM.

why would you trade fof while moving vs dmg? right now its a small dps increase when the stars align

Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    We should just chop off half your fingers of anyone who types stuff like this, that way you can really show us how pro you are brah.
    lolwut? who the hell come up with this crap....Also couldn't he just use his stubs?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/7ym2y...?s=8027&e=8443

My Logs for Rank 2 Windwalker on BladeLord, who's probably the most stationary fight in heart of fear i've done so far.

I basically found it impossible to be in a situation where the boss was not going to move, i wasn't going to energy cap, i had no BoK procs and didn't have to move for the duration. I honestly dont think it has a place right now because of how often you get a chance to use it where it won't be a dps loss.

I'm going to try reforging a lot of haste off to crit and see if i can make use of it there, but i feel it'll just destroy my mobile dps.

Make a glyph to use it while moving, but it doesn't stun, and it'll be great to use. Until then it's borderline useless most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/7ym2y...?s=8027&e=8443

My Logs for Rank 2 Windwalker on BladeLord, who's probably the most stationary fight in heart of fear i've done so far.

I basically found it impossible to be in a situation where the boss was not going to move, i wasn't going to energy cap, i had no BoK procs and didn't have to move for the duration. I honestly dont think it has a place right now because of how often you get a chance to use it where it won't be a dps loss.

I'm going to try reforging a lot of haste off to crit and see if i can make use of it there, but i feel it'll just destroy my mobile dps.

Make a glyph to use it while moving, but it doesn't stun, and it'll be great to use. Until then it's borderline useless most of the time.
    I am trying to squeeze it into my rotations but I find it almost impossible to use as well. It just clips the rotation way too much. It needs to be clearly better than RSK to be able to use then we wont have to worry about clipping RSK as a result of trying to squeeze it in. I have been in conversations with other monks in raiding guilds who say the amount of chi per dps is better than jab + bok so maybe it is just one of those "if the stars align" things work out to use it.
    Last edited by Gulvan; 2012-11-01 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Added more information
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysko View Post

Make it a glyph that removes the stun and allows you to move, and I'll take it any day! Moving around while 4sec stunning everything is way over the top for PvP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    lolwut? who the hell come up with this crap....Also couldn't he just use his stubs?
    Have you ever had your fingernails peeled back too much, and it really hurt when it was cold? I assume using his stubs would be like that.
    It sucks when your fingertips hurt =c

Anyways only 2/6 right now since we did half of MV the first night, and a bunch of our guild couldnt log on due to the login server issue tonight, but I didn't have that many issues using FoF. Didn't experiment with it on legs on Garalon, but I probably wouldn't bother with it on the off chance it ticks onto the main body making BoK better most likely, or more likely it moves out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulvan View Post
    I am trying to squeeze it into my rotations but I find it almost impossible to use as well. It just clips the rotation way too much. It needs to be clearly better than RSK to be able to use then we wont have to worry about clipping RSK as a result of trying to squeeze it in. I have been in conversations with other monks in raiding guilds who say the amount of chi per dps is better than jab + bok so maybe it is just one of those "if the stars align" things work out to use it.
    It's definitely a "stars align" type of move. That's what makes a cooldown reduction on it so ridiculously laughable. It definitely needs to be better than RSK. Even if it were usable while moving, it'd still have all the other hurdles that prevent it from being a dps gain.

-does RSK cd have 5 seconds or more remaining?
    -do I have a blackout kick proc?
    -does tiger power have 6 seconds or more remaining?
    -will my energy cap if i use FoF?

Nevertheless, I still find times when these situations arise but they're few and far between. The ability certainly doesn't need a cooldown reduction set bonus. Blizz will probably change the set bonus to make it usable while moving and then itll be useless again next tier. oh well.
    Last edited by Viking; 2012-11-01 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typing fail

Deleted
    Add to that:

- is the target i'm attacking stationary (garalon legs, elegon energy charges, will of the emperor courages, etc)
    - will there be any boss ability in the next 4 seconds that requires me to move

These 2 pretty much guarantee that FoF will not be helpful in the most important parts of the encounters.

And to make it even worse, there's a pretty major bug with FOF causing the 5th tick of FoF to get cut off if you get above ?14.3%? haste, due to the channel time scaling with spell haste and the time between the ticks not scaling.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-11-01 at 01:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    And to make it even worse, there's a pretty major bug with FOF causing the 5th tick of FoF to get cut off if you get above ?14.3%? haste, due to the channel time scaling with spell haste and the time between the ticks not scaling.
    Yea I tweeted Ghost about that and he hasn't replied. Hopefully this gets fixed.