Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its going to take at least another expansion to give Monks the depth and iteration that the other classes have from word go. I can't really comment on Monks other then that as I haven't played one significantly.

A lot of the representation statistics could still be to do with the fact that people on the whole went into MoP as their main character, and didn't do many alting. It will take a long while for Monks to be as widely played as the other classes in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Initially I was completely uninterested in monks but after trying one out I think It's becoming on of my favorite classes. Brewmaster is a ton of fun and i find that the rotation is very fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Yeah, that's why world first heroic kills in MSV was when you possibly had only 1 valor item.
    You must not realize that most of the world first heroic kills in MSV were from guilds that faction changed multiple times resetting their valor and raid lock outs each time... Nice try though.

Deleted
    It seemed to me that they don't really bring anything totally new to the table. Except maybe for that oneshot ability that works on mobs but who really cares...

Add the fact that they don't really perform that well - midpack at best - plus their tanking has a rotation of like 10 abilities to even stay relevant to the other tanks who mash 3-4 buttons...

No real reason to care.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-11-01 at 01:23 PM.

Pfft Op. You have no idea. My monk is awesome...

.. as a bank alt.

It's level 14, and I have no interest in leveling it any further for the foreseeable future.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    They're saying that monks have a high skill cap while talking about windwalkers in arena. Do you also know they're not talking about the class in general? Or are you just assuming they're solely talking about dps spec in arenas?
    Let me interpret the Blizzard developer for you:

- Monks take a lot of time to learn. Every class takes a lot of time to learn. But other players have played their class for years, whereas monk players have little to no experience with their class in PvP in comparison.

- It takes a lot of farming to get the PvP set bonuses. Many players don't have these. These bonuses should definitely be taken into consideration before we make a nerf/buff judgement. So we plan to wait a bit longer with the judgement.

- We want to convince you that we care about the monk class despite the extremely low arena representation. We don't want to make another season 5 experience (which ironically is already happening with BM hunters and arms warrior), so we purposedly kept monks undertuned to avoid ruining everyone elses experience in PvP and PvE.

- We are waiting some time before doing our usual class buff/nerf cycle in PvP (will happen in patch 5.1 like with every other class).

You are delusional if you think they are talking about anything other than monk players not playing at their full capacity in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still trying to figure out why you should be interested in them. Why should everyone be interested in every class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeser View Post
    I don't know what it is about them, they just seem boring as hell to me. They are the worst represented class in arenas too http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/. I don't know a whole lot about them but their heals seem weak, they seem like maybe ok tanks? and I know basically nothing about their dps.
    So you basically know nothing yet you have already made up your mind they are uninteresting? Uninteresting is something else than not able to be bothered by learning more about a class.... which is the fact in your case as it would seem.

The whole idea of chucking brew and all the booze related things is completely uninteresting to me. Just seems like a gimmic.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Lvling one as a healer is kind of a drag until you get some more abilities. Channeling one spell to heal is kinda boring. The dps was kinda boring to. For what it's worth I only got to lvl 30 though, just nothing interested me about the class.
    If you're just sitting back and healing with soothing mist yeah it's boring. Why would you want to heal like that though? Get in there and do some damage. Before 32 where you get your second healing spell i had to use Soothing Mists maybe 2 times in all the dungeons I did, and I mostly leveled through dungeons. Fistweaving is the way to go and it makes Monks a whole lot of fun and very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post

They're saying that monks have a high skill cap while talking about windwalkers in arena. Do you also know they're not talking about the class in general? Or are you just assuming they're solely talking about dps spec in arenas?
    Yeah, I can read english so I can fully understand what their discussion is about. Please don't take me as an idiot, I am wel aware that "Healers" have their role to play in pvp as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    Most of that's a bit of an understatement. That's like saying Demonology warlocks only sorta use demons and metamorphise themselves into one. And I don't think Blood DK's make themselves bleed. They use a lot of everyone else's blood. Or rune magic. Or maggots.

So is that like the anti-emo or some kinda vampire bullshit or what? "Instead of fangs I drink your blood via axe to the head."
    Did you see the post he was responding to? They completely understated Monks to make them look bad, Tobias just did the same thing to DKs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Yeah, I can read english so I can fully understand what their discussion is about. Please don't take me as an idiot, I am wel aware that "Healers" have their role to play in pvp as well.
    No no, not what I meant at all. I'm just playing devil's advocate to prove my point that any of us can interpret their post any way we want to but the only person who can tell us the full meaning is the blue who made the post. I wasn't the only one in thread who quoted it, btw. :P
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-11-01 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No interest in leveling one, DK's were cool and I really enjoyed leveling one since it was different. I know what you mean.

Am I the only one who finds mages completely uninteresting? I don't know what it is about them, they just seem boring as hell to me.

Answer: There's 11 classes and 34 specs. Not everything can entertain everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    60k dps as a BrM is pretty bad, and why exactly are you rolling around all the time as a tank?
    Please don't say my DPS is bad when I'm still ranked # 108 on Gara and that was done with a blue weapon, I've ranked on 3/6 so far and worst kill was 98.5%. All the while being easier to heal than our warrior (though I do outgear him a bit now). Sorry I let 108 BrM's in the world do more DPS than me while being in a 4/6 normal guild =P

Ummm as a tank why would you ever run normally when you have to go anywhere? Anytime I need to move anywhere of note for any reason I use roll+momentum.
    Feng: Rolling to the center to pop shield and stacking for heals quickly (though transcendence works nicely too), keeping up during phase transitions.
    Gara: Flying around the spirit world to shank adds if DPS aren't keeping it clean and then rolling to your Severer and ToD'ing it at the last second.
    Kings: Rolling out of the frontal cone in P1 (I just roll straight through boss and turn around). Positioning them back in the center if Flanking Orders causes you to move to a weird corner.
    Elegon: Rolling in/out of field to reset stacks (again transcendence is great too), moving to a new spark after killing yours (again ToD works great on these too), rolling in to pick up boss after transition, moving to the Protector quickly. For tanks this is a very heavy movement fight.
    Will: Please tell me you see the value in using it to avoid slashes without having to explain. Get caught in the middle of a frontal arc just roll through and keep DPS'ing from behind.

Mobility is one of the best things about Monk's roll is staying on my thumb button for good.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

As far as MW's go, they are really different from other healers to play because you have to balance 2 resources. Paladins holy resource is more for bonus heals, their mana heals are strong as it is already. Monks however pretty much need their chi heals for throughput heals. Plus there are a few ways to gain chi. Faster and mana efficient through melee, ranged healing is slow but the ranged heal is a little safer, Spinning crane kick for when your whole group needs healing but also need that chi heal on the tank pretty soon which is not mana efficient. You can get away with just doing the ranged heal for chi generation but to maximise the potential you need to swap mid fight between different ways. So besides staying out of fire you really need to stay aware of everything and not just your Grid (or whatever addon).

And their healing style doesn't really have the standard flashheal, big slow heal, mana efficient heal, AoE heal, o-shit heal. This is more a thing you need to adjust to in the beginning though.

So overall they are not the easiest to play. One of the more difficult healers and for sure the most stressfull because you can be at 0 chi right when the raidgroup takes a big hit, just when you need your chi.

Their tank healing is not their strong point but enough. Any healer can be tankhealer. It is just that monks are very much OP in raidhealing at the moment. Without trying you go 45% of total healing done in your 10 man-3 healers raid, Heck even in LFR I got 40% on bosses with 5 healers. Only if there is another monk, there is some competition. I have played healers since vanilla and I don't think there have been many times where other healers were doing this. Druids on specific fights in WotLK were OP. Shamans late in TBC probably.
    So why would any guild use them as tank healers?

And people saying they dumped their MW because healing was boring at lower levels. Did you ever roll another healing class? All the way up to 80 you are pretty much doing nothing unless you let the tank go DPS spec and use the mage as tank. Seriously, those instances are so undertuned, it is not even funny. And after 60 it gets even worse mind you because then all the tanks have healing as well. If anything, monks are still fun because you can DPS the whole time and that little healing that might be needed, you do automatically through your fistweaving.
    Heck, now I am a lot more geared and if a Blood DK joins a HC that is somewhat geared as well, I don't have to do anything at all. I think the HC's are even worse then WotlK atm. If you aren't PVP-ing (they are average PVP healers, a little better in BG's, fairly weak in arena's) or raiding, there isn't much to do for you healing wise.
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-11-01 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Did you see the post he was responding to? They completely understated Monks to make them look bad, Tobias just did the same thing to DKs
    Which makes it something I still disagree with. I think both classes are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pallydan View Post
    Pretty much everything this guy says. "High-skill cap" my ass. This is just BS that the devs use to patronize the player community. In reality, monks have completely inferior abilities, that are more style than substance.
    When they say "high skill-cap", they're not talking about WW. WW is incredibly easy and boring.

They're talking about Brewmaster and Mistweaver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    They're talking about Brewmaster and Mistweaver.
    Which is a very good point. My casual friends all play nothing but WW (and enjoy it) and I admit seems to be lacking if you are looking for something complex, MW are flooding the rank charts in WoL (our MW is top HPS each week), I've rolled BrM from day one and done awesome. I have forgone every other class over her.

Maybe the syndrome is WW is weak but it's also what like 90% of the WoW populace creates?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.