Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Am I the only one who finds monks completely uninteresting?

I don't know what it is about them, they just seem boring as hell to me. They are the worst represented class in arenas too http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/. I don't know a whole lot about them but their heals seem weak, they seem like maybe ok tanks? and I know basically nothing about their dps.

i tried mistweaver and it wasnt that great on low levels

Deleted
    Is that a real question?

Deleted
    They're the easiest class to play by far so that makes them uninteresting to the majority of players, yes.

Deleted
    I dunno. My 90 WW is ok and they do have some fun abilities but as soon as i log my kitty druid i feel much better. Can't put my finger on it but they are lacking something for me. Brewmaster is kinda fun but i can't help thinking i'm putting in twice the effort than i would as a guardian druid. Haven't tried mistweaver as i don't want to heal this expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    i have to admit i find mine rather boring to play.. but i'm hoping that will improve with higher levels. only level 25 right now.

The game in whole is pretty boring at end game. Competitive PvE more or less forces you into doing mindless amounts of dailies this tier to keep up. Might as well be World of Dailycraft. I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been brought up before, but with the game being so redundant, I think I can afford to be just as redundant =P.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking about pvp, then yes, they're not balanced for pvp yet. From what I've read windwalkers and brewmasters can be easily kited and locked down and have no real gap closer so they get owned in pvp and people don't want to get owned so they don't play them there. Mistweavers I've heard are fine for pvp however, mistweavers are horrible single target healers right now. So yes, their heals are weak from that perspective.

Now if we're talking about pve it's a completely different story. Windwalkers are middle of the road dps, brewmasters can be good tanks but it depends heavily on how skilled the person playing them is, and mistweavers are abso-friggin-lutely amazing raid healers if played correctly.

As far as opinions about which classes are fun and which are boring, everyone is different...
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-11-01 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    They're the easiest class to play by far so that makes them uninteresting to the majority of players, yes.
    I uh. Really? Really? You honestly believe that? Wow. I can understand saying they're boring, or dull, or uninteresting, as that's purely subjective. But 'easiest class by far'? You really need to play more of the classes. They're one of the more challenging classes to play at a high level.

As for the OP, I doubt you're the only one. As I said above it's purely subjective, so it's fine if you don't like playing them. I'll carry on loving my Brewmaster and having the most fun I've had in WoW in a looooooong time.

Oh, and yeah of course they're going to be least represented. Most people will have stuck with their old class from Cataclysm. :P

Deleted
    needs more complexity, needs more burst. Sustained dps is fine, just incredibly boring.

no, you are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by aeser View Post
    I don't know what it is about them, they just seem boring as hell to me. They are the worst represented class in arenas too http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/. I don't know a whole lot about them but their heals seem weak, they seem like maybe ok tanks? and I know basically nothing about their dps.
    I also do not know anything about anything, yet I have an opinion and I want to tell people about it.

I guess I found the right place to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    The game in whole is pretty boring at end game. Competitive PvE more or less forces you into doing mindless amounts of dailies this tier to keep up. Might as well be World of Dailycraft. I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been brought up before, but with the game being so redundant, I think I can afford to be just as redundant =P.
    Not seeing how this is relevant to the OP's question, but on topic: While I've been levelling my monk it has been just 3 keypresses and no worries, but I'm in full heirlooms so that's what I'd expect of any class, and I can see why that would be boring.

I haven't tried healing yet but I'm intending on doing that next time we have an off night from raiding, the two different techniques for healing - fistweaving and 'mana' healing look intersetingto compare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know your opinion spoke for the majority.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    After leveling 1-90 and raiding as both WW and MW, I have to say that I enjoy the class but it does need some work (most reasons have been mentioned above).

That said, I do have a caster DPS I play to get that fix as well.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Deleted
    nevert tried them, never will

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Oh, and yeah of course they're going to be least represented. Most people will have stuck with their old class from Cataclysm. :P
    Indeed. People have had only about month or so to hit 90 on their Monk. Many are probably too much invested in their older toons to change mains. Many aren't 90 yet. It's a bit early to claim that they're under represented because they're "unpopular." It may be so, but correllation != causation and right now there are other major factors limiting the numbers of monks at end game. The fact that they're a very new class that's only just now hitting 90 for those who aren't using RAF, is one of those factors.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling was really boring as WW, they don't have enough fun abilities at low level. They should change the mastery into a passive that you get a lower level so you actually have something to watch proc rather than just endlessly hitting jab/black out kick(repeat)

But when i got spinning fire blossom, omg the joy of leveling. Glyphed it, spammed expel harm / SFB all over the map. I was casting only 2 sfb on mobs and letting them come to me, jab, mob is dead and i have 2/3 chi again. next mob...

At lvl 90, i have to say i wasn't sure how it would turn up. It's a shame mastery is not stonger a stat for us because it makes the spec a lot of fun when things procs. I really enjoy dpsing now. I logged my enh shaman (enh and arms are the only 2 dps specs i actually enjoyed playing) I have to say now i find enh really really boring. Waiting for cooldowns is not fun for me. I prefer managing energy.

What i enjoy the most now is having countless of tools for surviving fights. Played well, i can kill a bunch of mobs on the run that would kill me in 5 sec if i stood there. Ex: shado-pan daily quests where you have to kill 4 elites, i managed to survive a pack of 6 mobs + the elite. No quest items used.
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2012-10-31 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    I also do not know anything about anything, yet I have an opinion and I want to tell people about it.

I guess I found the right place to do so?
    you did indeed, this is a forum for opinions By your sarcasm im guessing you dont belive the op should be free to post his, care to explain why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Windwalker single target is actually up there in terms of complexity when compared to other classes so no, not really. Aoe is admittedly just a bad joke in terms of SPINNING CRANE KICK WHEEEEEEEE, though.
    Look! Words!