Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Kinda surprised they didn't mention ret on either being too bursty or having too good off-healing....
    I know right, they are so OP, nearly every top team at the moment has one.

Oh right thats warriors, hunters and spriests.

I'd be more worried that they considered resto shamans and holy paladins to be 'worse' than resto druids at the moment, rather than (the lack of mentioning) ret paladins dominating baddies at 1500.
    Last edited by Palatinus; 2012-10-31 at 05:07 PM.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    we’re also trying to be conservative and not recreate the situation where the Death Knight dominated PvP and PvE when it first launched.

Yeah, because DKs were only the best at what they do for a little while. They're totally not shoulders above everyone else right now.

"Warriors – We don’t think Warrior burst is out of control"

LOL.. ok..... what a bunch of bullllshit...

Deleted
    Yeah 30% healing nerf... disco priest need it :V

retard.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Kinda surprised they didn't mention ret on either being too bursty or having too good off-healing....
    They didn't mention us because we're not a problem. Off-Healing is our only real strength as a class; our mobility is pretty lousy as is our control. Retribution burst is also in a much better place than it was in Cataclysm, and chaining all of our cooldowns onto a single Macro isn't the best way to play Retribution; smart PvPers don't try to CC ret until AFTER the Guardian vanishes, after all.

As a healer, two things stand out from this post:
    1. "At the moment, we’re satisfied with the state of crowd control."
    That's just absurd. The god-cleave (resto druid, mage, shadow priest) has SO much CC that as a healer, I can go a full 20 seconds in CC.
    2. "We are concerned that healing may be too high even for dedicated healers, especially for Restoration Shaman and Holy Paladins..."
    How the hell can they not list resto druids? I play a holy paly and we are definitely strong, but a resto druid is by FAR the most OP healer in arenas/bgs.

Reminds of some of the pre-Cataclysm PvP blogs.

Some amazing things said that would make the game undoubtedly better. If they follow through with them is another matter entirely since they've set a precedence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    As a healer, two things stand out from this post:
    1. "At the moment, we’re satisfied with the state of crowd control."
    That's just absurd. The god-cleave (resto druid, mage, shadow priest) has SO much CC that as a healer, I can go a full 20 seconds in CC.
    2. "We are concerned that healing may be too high even for dedicated healers, especially for Restoration Shaman and Holy Paladins..."
    How the hell can they not list resto druids? I play a holy paly and we are definitely strong, but a resto druid is by FAR the most OP healer in arenas/bgs.
    Resto Shaman is definitely better in high level pvp than Resto druid, but its pretty close, and for 95% of people Resto Druid is a lot more difficult to play against in arenas.

Agree though that Resto druid needs nerfs badly.

Hello? Aren't they forgetting world pvp and their promise for a dismount ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Tems View Post
    Hello? Aren't they forgetting world pvp and their promise for a dismount ability?
    There's an item in the game that does that. You just need to kill the right rare.

Deleted
    Hardened Shell

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86584

They put it and they didn't want it to be easy to get and that you would have to put forth some effort in trying to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queueable Wintergrasp & Tol'Barad. Icky sticky!

Deleted
    We don’t think Warrior burst is out of control
    I lol'd. Blizzard have no shitty idea how their own game works atm

Deleted
    Ehh. So far only lynx rush damage has been changed? Hopefully more burst will be toned down.

No PvP power scaling from hybrids is quite a big change. I had hoped they would have toned it down by 50% or something. Many players are sitting at 40% pvp power. 40% less healing is a big game changer. Elemental shamans and moonkin druids went from being in a bad position to absolute garbage.

I had hoped Blizzard would have realised that putting in a 30% less damage and 45% less healing debuff in PvP zones would have fixed some issues. At least made it more playable. Waiting with a healing reduction is beyond stupid. But as long as warrior and hunter burst is being reduced further Im somewhat satisfied.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because MMR is a measure of your performance as a player, we don’t think it makes a lot of sense to reset MMR at the end of a season or expansion. It’s unlikely your skill atrophied significantly more than that of your competition between seasons, so there isn’t a lot of benefit in measuring it again.
    the problem i have with this statement is the fact that there is the possibility of some comps that will be viable and some that will not when they do buffs/nerfs. since they did not reset the mmr, comps from the previous season dont really have to play and can sit on their rating and get gladiator whereas if they were to start from scratch they may not have attained said rank.

i understand the theory, because quite frankly the good players will naturally be back at the top within a few weeks, and there may be no instances in which i described that never (or have ever for that matter) happen but the possibility is there.

to be a little more clear, i will just use this as a rough example, note i said rough example. lets say that during season X a warrior, spriest and resto druid are a crazy comp, able to obtain ratings that are good for glad and this is due to some imbalancing issues wth warrior and spriest synergy being to strong. after season X they decide not to reset the mmr and during season Y the same team keeps their ratings despite the fact that some nerfs came their way and because of this they most likely would not have obtained the same rating.

this is my issue with the non reset of mmr, but then again i dont play the game anymore lol. but if i were this would be my issue because thats all i ever did was pvp

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No changes on the radar? They just destroyed chaos bolt well partially ripped it by 25% with grimoie of sacrifice =/ along with the dot changes which I actually don't know if they are good or bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg “Ghostcrawler” Street is the lead systems designer for World of Warcraft. He has NEVER impersonated a female in the game in order to get loot.
    Haha, best one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    the problem i have with this statement is the fact that there is the possibility of some comps that will be viable and some that will not when they do buffs/nerfs. since they did not reset the mmr, comps from the previous season dont really have to play and can sit on their rating and get gladiator whereas if they were to start from scratch they may not have attained said rank.

i understand the theory, because quite frankly the good players will naturally be back at the top within a few weeks, and there may be no instances in which i described that never (or have ever for that matter) happen but the possibility is there.

to be a little more clear, i will just use this as a rough example, note i said rough example. lets say that during season X a warrior, spriest and resto druid are a crazy comp, able to obtain ratings that are good for glad and this is due to some imbalancing issues wth warrior and spriest synergy being to strong. after season X they decide not to reset the mmr and during season Y the same team keeps their ratings despite the fact that some nerfs came their way and because of this they most likely would not have obtained the same rating.

this is my issue with the non reset of mmr, but then again i dont play the game anymore lol. but if i were this would be my issue because thats all i ever did was pvp
    Uhm, if you read correctly, MMR means nothing in regards to obtaining Gladiator. MMR is just a skill rating that matches you to like-skilled players. TEAM RATING is what matters.

Deleted
    We think that if you manage to keep a Warrior from you, you should be allowed to get off a cast

I am maybe wrong but how the hell am I supposed to kill something that have 2-3 frost novas ring of ice deep freeze and can strike me down pretty much without concerns. The silence was only way I could possibly stop mages from owning me within 2 seconds. Not trying to QQ just saying that silence on HT should stay. On pummel it was kinda OP ok but HT was good.