Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[World 1st] Warlock solo Trial of the Crusader 10HC 5/5

Hello!

I wanted to share with you my solo kills that I've done in recent days. I am the first documented Warlock who made it. No one is able to say that someone was the first in the world, but I'm the first to have proof and not only mere words. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------
    Other Guides:
    How to solo Ulduar 10HM - Warlock Guide

Northrend Beasts HC 10-man:

26th October 2012, Patch 5.0.5
    Affliction + Voidlord, 464 iLvL
    Talents: Harvest Life, Mortal Coil, Dark Bargain, Unbound Will, Grimoire of Supremacy, Archimonde's Vengeance
    Glyphs: Demon Training, Soul Shards, Siphon Life
    0:52 - Boss Fight

Difficulty: ★★★★ Hard

Bosses are tanked by a Voidlord. The first boss will be Gormok - he will apply a stackable DoT on your minion. You should stay at ~20 yards away from the Boss because of Staggering Stomp (inflicts Physical damage and interrupts spellcasting for 8sec). Gormok will throw Snobold at you, which will sit on your back and interrupt any non-instant spellcasting from you. Put DoTs on Snobold and let help your minion to kill it. In the meantime, keep DoTs on Boss. The more you kill the Snobolds, the easier will be the 2nd phase. Remember to not stand in fire! Minion should be healed by Soulburn + Health Funnel.
    All Snobolds should be killed before Acidmaw & Dreadscale enter the arena. The hardest part in the whole Encounter is to survive the first seconds of fight with two jormungars. Then it's getting easier. Acidmaw must be killed as soon as possible - always stand behind him and never touch the poison on the ground. His Paralytic Toxin will quickly immobilize and stun you - it's deadly. When Acidmaw dies, Dreadscale receives 50% extra damage for the duration of the fight. Now the fight becomes easy... Kill Dreadscale and face the last beast.
    You can just faceroll Icehowl - just remember to avoid his charge. You can dispel stun from Arctic Breath via Unbound Will or Every Man for Himself (Human racial). Good Luck and Have Fun!

Music: Our Last Hope - Two Steps From Hell

Lord Jaraxxus HC 10-man:

26th October 2012, Patch 5.0.5
    Demonology + Voidlord, 464 iLvL
    Talents: Harvest Life, Mortal Coil, Dark Bargain, Unbound Will, Grimoire of Supremacy, Archimonde's Vengeance
    Glyphs: Demon Hunting, Imp Swarm, Demon Training
    0:43 - Boss Fight

Difficulty: ★★★ Medium

Boss is tanked by a Voidlord. You have to watch out for two skills of Lord Jaraxxus. He will summon Nether Portals and Infernal Volcanos which will spawn adds until destroyed. You will have to destroy the portal or volcano as soon as possible (use cooldowns that increase dmg done)! Mistress of Pain will be spawned from the portal. She will interrupt your spells, so you will need to use instant spells (Metamorphosis and Dark Apotheosis works here perfect). You need to tank her to not become a victim of Spinning Pain Spike (inflicts high Physical dmg based on the target's maximum health - this is deadly). Felflame Infernals will be spawned from the volcano. They just deal a lot of damage - the faster you kill them, the better. Remember to not stand in fire! Good Luck and Have Fun!

Music: Imperativa - Immediate Music

Faction Champions HC 10-man:

28th October 2012, Patch 5.0.5
    Demonology without minion, 464 iLvL
    Talents: Harvest Life, Mortal Coil, Soul Link, Unbound Will, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Archimonde's Vengeance
    Glyphs: Demon Hunting, Imp Swarm, Healthstone
    0:44 - Boss Fight

Difficulty: ★★★★ Hard

Six Champions should be tanked by you in Dark Apotheosis for most of the fight. On the Heroic version every Champion hits for more damage, is untauntable, and has a PvP trinket at their disposal. Your first step will be to kill one of the Healer (Shaman on vid) - pop up all cooldowns that increase dmg done and try to interrupt his heals via Carrion Swarm or Mortal Coil. After doing this, you are left with just one healer to kill (Paladin on vid). To kill the next Healer you must wait for offensive cooldowns. After that, kill 2 Melee DPS and pet, then 2 Ranged DPS. Good Luck and Have Fun!

Music: Skyworld - Two Steps From Hell

Val'kyr Twins HC 10-man:

Talents: Dark Regeneration, Mortal Coil, Dark Bargain, Unbound Will, Grimoire of Supremacy, Kil'jaeden's Cunning
    Glyphs: Demon Training, Imp Swarm, Dark Soul
    0:29 - Boss Fight

Difficulty: ★★ Easy

Twins are tanked by a Voidlord (they share a health pool). Gain Dark Essence debuff before pull (click on Dark Portal). After that, you must dps Fjola Lightbane. You can collect the black orbs, but it is not a priority (avoid the white orbs!). You need to watch out for the combo Twin Pact (heals for 50% of Val'kyr's total HP) + Shield. If it is casted by Fjola Lightbane, destroy the shield and stop the cast via Carrion Swarm. If it is casted by Eydis Darkbane, you need to change the color to white (click on Light Portal) and then destroy the shield and stop the cast via Carrion Swarm. Then change the color to black and continue dpsing Fjola Lightbane. Good Luck and Have Fun!

Music: Final Reckoning - Veigar

Anub'arak HC 10-man:

Talents: Dark Regeneration, Mortal Coil, Dark Bargain, Burning Rush, Grimoire of Supremacy, Archimonde's Vengeance
    Glyphs: Demon Hunting, Demon Training, Imp Swarm
    1:18 - Boss Fight

Difficulty: ★★★★★ Very Hard

This is the most epic solo kill what I made. I have never had so much luck in the fight.

Before the pull you have to set Demonic Gateways and Demonic Circle like how I did in the video. Boss and adds should be tanked by a Voidlord. After the pull destroy Frost Sphere which will create ice on the ground (you have at your disposal only 6 Spheres). "/tar Frost Sphere" macro is very useful here. Tank adds on the ice, so that they can not bury and kill them. The less life will have Anub'arak before the second phase, the better. In the second phase Anub'arak submerges and you will run from Pursuing Spikes - use Demonic Gateways, Demonic Circle and ice to slow it down. Put Corruption on every Swarm Scarab. After Boss emerges, you have to nuke him and forget about adds (let them bury). In the third phase (at 30% of Boss HP) Anub'arak will begin to cast Leeching Swarm (drains 20% of your current health every 1 second - a minimum of 250 health will be leeched). Now you need to survive (Dark Apotheosis is helpful here) and kill the Boss. Good Luck and Have Fun!

Music: Mea Culpa - Audiomachine; Lacrimosa Dominae - Immediate Music

My UI: http://i.minus.com/ibyOfUKi4407x2.png + ForteXorcist for cooldowns
    Armory Link is in my signature
    Last edited by mmocfc70cfc53e; 2012-12-30 at 10:40 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad, now try 25 man normal.

Great work good sir

Deleted
    Definitely not world first lock, but gratz anyway.

This is pretty impressive. I like the descriptions, but it seems like you're making a really big deal out of this, especially the world 1st part, however truth be told, it's not that big of a deal. Sure I love watching this soloing old content, but its not really groundbreaking or anything, it's just ToC being solo'd when it's outdated. Things like Atramedes being killed in patch 4.2 by a Hunter, that was a big deal. The DK who solo'd Sartharion in 3.3, that was sick. This is two expansions late.

Still, I hate to be the party pooper, it is really cool and awesome, but it's just not so impressive that it requires a log written of it and stuff like that, would have been enough to simply link the Anub'arak video. The info could simply go in the Youtube video description.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    This is pretty impressive. I like the descriptions, but it seems like you're making a really big deal out of this, especially the world 1st part, however truth be told, it's not that big of a deal. Sure I love watching this soloing old content, but its not really groundbreaking or anything, it's just ToC being solo'd when it's outdated. Things like Atramedes being killed in patch 4.2 by a Hunter, that was a big deal. The DK who solo'd Sartharion in 3.3, that was sick. This is two expansions late.

Still, I hate to be the party pooper, it is really cool and awesome, but it's just not so impressive that it requires a log written of it and stuff like that, would have been enough to simply link the Anub'arak video. The info could simply go in the Youtube video description.
    Don't watch it then, the title of the thread should have hinted what it was about, besides you probably won't be impress unless they solo the most up to date heroic raids.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people feel the need to claim word first?

No one really cares if it is a world first solo.

Grats on the solo though
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great job, nice write up.

Keep up the good work!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Good job OP.. With the millions of people spending countless hours on this, how did it feel to finish first?

Any word on insanity run?

solo but Boss is tanked by a Voidlord?... world first 2 man IMO
    Last edited by Smoopie; 2012-10-31 at 07:11 PM.

Mind explaining your choice in harvest life for most of the fights.

Because your doing a boss fight and personally I don't see how harvest life defeats the passive soul leach talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    Good job OP.. With the millions of people spending countless hours on this, how did it feel to finish first?
    0/10 on your sarcastic comment.

It takes great skill to pull this off, especially as a cloth wearing caster class, let alone a blood dk.

Gratz on the solo. I must ask though. Why don't more people solo as destro? Its healing far exceeds anything affliction or demo can push out. I think you would have had a far easier time doing this as destro. I did at least.

this is the lamest thing i've probably ever seen on these forums...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people feel the need to go out of their way to comment for the sole purpose of knocking someone for accomplishing something they worked hard at. Maybe you don't think the goal is worthwhile, but what do you gain out of a comment like that, besides making them feel bad for no good reason? If you don't care, then don't comment.

Congrats, OP. That seems pretty difficult.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Gratz on the solo. I must ask though. Why don't more people solo as destro? Its healing far exceeds anything affliction or demo can push out. I think you would have had a far easier time doing this as destro. I did at least.
    If if had to judge what the OP wrote then for the following reason

1) one of the beast interrupts so it is better to avoid casting stuff, affliction has 2 instant dots and a easy way to heal void.
    2) you have to tank one of the adds, being able to go demon and have a increase in survivability and have access to instant might be better
    3) demonology is a given since your fighting against 6 mobs, both affliction and destro would be able to get a cast of or even be able to tank the damage
    4) You need to have a interrupt while you have a void tanking, demonology is capable of that
    5) probably again survivability but to avoid changing specs just for a single boss.

In short I would go destro if the only thing you have to worry about is boss damage but since this raid has high damage phases, adds and bosses that needs to be interrupted demonology might be a better choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Mind explaining your choice in harvest life for most of the fights.
    Because your doing a boss fight and personally I don't see how harvest life defeats the passive soul leach talent.
    I have not tested this talent, and I got used to the Improved Drain Life (Harvest Life ^^ ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    As ati87 writes, Demonology and Affliction have more opportunities. Besides, I never liked Destro and I will never play in this spec, sry

10+ Year Old Account
    World first or not, it doesn't matter, it's still an excellent accomplishment. Congratulations on doing it, OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

pretty cool video, but please.. remove your "World First" part... unless you can proof it.

Besides that, awesome acomplishment, I played a warlock for years and thought I was pretty decent. And now I see this? Wow.. just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    If if had to judge what the OP wrote then for the following reason

1) one of the beast interrupts so it is better to avoid casting stuff, affliction has 2 instant dots and a easy way to heal void.
    2) you have to tank one of the adds, being able to go demon and have a increase in survivability and have access to instant might be better
    3) demonology is a given since your fighting against 6 mobs, both affliction and destro would be able to get a cast of or even be able to tank the damage
    4) You need to have a interrupt while you have a void tanking, demonology is capable of that
    5) probably again survivability but to avoid changing specs just for a single boss.

In short I would go destro if the only thing you have to worry about is boss damage but since this raid has high damage phases, adds and bosses that needs to be interrupted demonology might be a better choice.
    1) the interrupt is only about 10 yrds wide. just stay at max range
    2) have void walker tank both and burn down acid fast
    3) adds can be kited easily
    4) can burst down the healers in <5 seconds
    5) the whole thing can be done as destro

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like people to claim world first on something they have no idea about, But

This is the best written and video'd Post i've seen on a solo raid, Very nicely done indeed, I bet you had fun doing it, and must have felt good once you finaly downed it all Nice work, it's good you found something in game that keeps you going^_^