The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

goin back to demo

been changing between demo and destro since BC used demo in firelands and most of ds
    been switching in mists as well
    but last nite onfeng and other fights destro just doesnt keep up
    destro isnt hard to master but i mite like to think that ive mastered demo
    maybe the whole learning curve of demo and mastering it gives me more benefit than demo
    but demo is just performig alot better even on elegon and garajal where u can abuse shadowburn
    on garajal i harvest life all the adds with HoG that way everytime outta spirit realm i have full fury
    anyone else having the same thing and demo performing well for u

I really like demo and to be honest I perform best as demo out of the three specs. On every first kill I'm ranked top20 Demo lock on the boss, but I still switch to affli or even destro if the fight favors them. So if you can compete and you don't struggle doing your assignment and of course the boss dies stay demo it's a great spec in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to go back to demo. But now I have a wand. When are they fixing the wand/touch of chaos bug? Are they waiting until after they do the new orc models?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I would love to go back to demo. But now I have a wand. When are they fixing the wand/touch of chaos bug? Are they waiting until after they do the new orc models?
    I'm with you. I was loving demo. Then I got a wand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I'm with you. I was loving demo. Then I got a wand.
    Hahaha that's signature worthy. "I was loving demo. And then I got a wand." XD
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    been changing between demo and destro since BC used demo in firelands and most of ds
    been switching in mists as well
    but last nite onfeng and other fights destro just doesnt keep up
    destro isnt hard to master but i mite like to think that ive mastered demo
    maybe the whole learning curve of demo and mastering it gives me more benefit than demo
    but demo is just performig alot better even on elegon and garajal where u can abuse shadowburn
    on garajal i harvest life all the adds with HoG that way everytime outta spirit realm i have full fury
    anyone else having the same thing and demo performing well for u
    Was just destro tonight for 5/6H Mogushan. Destro itself isn't hard to master, however how to use everything on each individual fight is nearly impossible to master.

Logs from tonight, just link my name on the list. (It's in like 5 diff reports so this is easier to link): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/92...kings/players/

I died at the start of Stone Guards, and majorly screwed up on the adds for Feng which is why my damage is so bad on them. However Destro is extremely competitive with both affliction and demo on every fight. A lot of the destro ranks would be top 10 affliction ranks if everything was in the same list.

Deleted
    Do you recommend destro Brusalk?

Destro has the advantage of a constant health influx(glyph of immolate and soul leech), which adds up considerably in a raid enviroment where every boss has heavy aoe damage, as well as not needing to further pressure healers by lifetapping yourself. In many ways this simple detail should make up for that little bit of damage another spec can muster over destro?

Quote Originally Posted by ecliptix View Post
    Do you recommend destro Brusalk?
    For Sure

Affliction is fun and very effective on so many types of fights it's not even funny, however I'd say destro is just as good or better than affliction on fights that are not pure-single target and which allow ample use of Havoc and Shadowburn. For me Destruction is extremely fun to play and figuring out when and on what to use all of the tools destro has makes the gameplay extremely exciting and fun. It's not a spec where every GCD must be utilized to the utmost, but it is a spec where every cooldown, every proc, and every resource must be used extremely efficiently.

As a side note, I've found that fel-flame has a place in a lot of fights when standing around to get a few extra embers quickly. Like for example, say you're under 1 ember going into an add coming up, and your incins won't let you either havoc a chaosbolt, or havoc a shadowburn or the like, then fel flame is extremely good to use as that extra chaos bolt or shadowburn more than makes up for the loss in damage. (It's a lot closer when you have backdrafted incins though)

I'm in the process of altering the simulation profile for destro to boost the simmed number. That being said, destro is only bad on purely single target fights. Affliction or Demo will still pull ahead of destro significantly, unless there is an extremely short sub 20% burn phase.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 12:33 PM ----------

Also, mannoroths fury is EXTREMELY useful as destruction. The second you see a second add within the HUGE range of RoF and the boss, immo both, keep rain of fire up on both targets and havoc chaos bolts/shadowburns.

If you have a wand you can put something like /stopattack in your shadowbolt/ToC macro. You still won't get an autoattack, but that's a lack of about 1-2kdps, afaik. Hopefully they fix that soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    For Sure

Affliction is fun and very effective on so many types of fights it's not even funny, however I'd say destro is just as good or better than affliction on fights that are not pure-single target and which allow ample use of Havoc and Shadowburn. For me Destruction is extremely fun to play and figuring out when and on what to use all of the tools destro has makes the gameplay extremely exciting and fun. It's not a spec where every GCD must be utilized to the utmost, but it is a spec where every cooldown, every proc, and every resource must be used extremely efficiently.

As a side note, I've found that fel-flame has a place in a lot of fights when standing around to get a few extra embers quickly. Like for example, say you're under 1 ember going into an add coming up, and your incins won't let you either havoc a chaosbolt, or havoc a shadowburn or the like, then fel flame is extremely good to use as that extra chaos bolt or shadowburn more than makes up for the loss in damage. (It's a lot closer when you have backdrafted incins though)

I'm in the process of altering the simulation profile for destro to boost the simmed number. That being said, destro is only bad on purely single target fights. Affliction or Demo will still pull ahead of destro significantly, unless there is an extremely short sub 20% burn phase.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 12:33 PM ----------

Also, mannoroths fury is EXTREMELY useful as destruction. The second you see a second add within the HUGE range of RoF and the boss, immo both, keep rain of fire up on both targets and havoc chaos bolts/shadowburns.

Thanks for your answer, makes sence. What i'm having difficulty with at the moment is the fact that i missed the last part of Cataclysm and started MoP pretty late, the changes are pretty big. Destro is easy to play and after reading your comment i'm thinking about it. For some reason, even after reading all the possible guides, I still can't get either affli or demo to do the dps that my gear should allow me pull. Never been a top player, but not a scrub either, so it's getting frustrating with demo and affli