Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I like this change. It's progressive. It encourages and rewards players for doing well rather than punishing and frustrating them. It doesn't hand them out anyting because they still have to do remain competitive but it also doesn't force a harsh end for them.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Fuck RBGs. Not terribly constructive, but sums up what a lot of people think about them.

I dont understand how this is a bad thing.

If you spend 30 mins doing a BG and loose by a mere 5 seconds worth of points... what's wrong with actually getting something?
    Even if its some rating... currently if you loose, youl loose rating. If you almost almost win... why not get a bit of rating. Its not because you won... but because you played like winners and almost won. Its not like rating, conquest or honor is hard to get... and this way it doesnt feel like a completly wasted night if you come so close and still lose.

Its all about that warm fuzzy feeling you get for doing a good job and getting rewarded for it. Second place doesnt automatically make you a loser if you genuinely played like a winner. And not getting anything after 'doing everything right' just seems kinda pissy.

Lose an arena: Wasted two minutes of your life.

Lose a rated BG: Wasted twenty minutes of your life.

Compensation of some kind is in order.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

The ratings should remain untouched by this change, or else team ratings will end up inflated. You should not receive any rating for a loss no matter how close the loss was.

Deleted
    I think it's a good thing, as previously mentioned if the other team is ahead it demoralizes the whole team and they just end up saying 'fuck it, lose fast so we can leave and try again in a new battleground'

In PvP, it shouldn't matter. Those battles are so much fun that if you're on the losing side, it sucks that you were THAT close. I'm glad they're doing it.

On the other hand, I don't PvP at all.

Just don't do it to the PvE side.

Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    Blizz has *always* had this kind of liberal mentality. It is the exact same thing as rewarding both sports teams in grade school "so no feelings are hurt". In schools it teaches kids that "everyone is a winner, there are no losers." It is why they had a "utility tax" on multi-class specs in the game also.

I hate that mentality, it simply sucks. You HAVE to teach kids that in real life there will always be winners AND losers, and you need to teach them to strive to be a winner, and you need to teach them to have a thick skin and accept when they lose.

This change plainly sucks, and I agree with previous posters. Why not make it for PVE when you wipe at 1%?? How about free repairs at 2% wipe and free repairs plus 100g at 1% per player??

gg blizz.
    Its a video game get over it!

You're missing the point entirely.
    Kabukage 85 Tauren Shaman - Ahn'Qiraj EU
    Gandalug 85 Dwarf Paladin - Emerald Dream EU

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    here is the thing, you're rewarded for TRYING and in random bgs right now, it's a bunch of fucking bots and afkers who aren't trying

when you get behind on a bad team, why try? this won't hurt a thing imo, it will give an incentive to not afk for honor

Botfest in BG's so can only get better with this. so you actually gain more when you got a real team and not a bunch of useless bots leeching. Good change.

Maybe this can help with the "just let them win" attitude whenever one side gets down that plagues a lot of random bgs.

Blizz has *always* had this kind of liberal mentality. It is the exact same thing as rewarding both sports teams in grade school "so no feelings are hurt". In schools it teaches kids that "everyone is a winner, there are no losers." It is why they had a "utility tax" on multi-class specs in the game also.

I hate that mentality, it simply sucks. You HAVE to teach kids that in real life there will always be winners AND losers, and you need to teach them to strive to be a winner, and you need to teach them to have a thick skin and accept when they lose.

This change plainly sucks, and I agree with previous posters. Why not make it for PVE when you wipe at 1%?? How about free repairs at 2% wipe and free repairs plus 100g at 1% per player??

gg blizz.
    If anyone needs a video game to raise the kids It is a sign of serious problems in real life. And if you need to teach the kids how real life work tell them if they wasnt born with a silverspoon up there nose they will have to work twice as hard as those that got born on the gravy train.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    i Tried RBG's once or twice. But the matchmaking sucked ass. It was a team of brand new to RBG people against a team like 1000 rating higher than us. It wasn't fun and i basically pretend the thing doesn't exist anymore because of it.
    I got a team with 6 warlords on my first try for rbg's. our rating was like 100, theirs 2.7k or something like that. Though, I guess it has been improved since.

I don't PvP, but I do agree with your point. At first I disagreed, thinking "well if it's a close match, I'd imagine it would be frustrating to do that work for nothing", but then thinking about it again, it's a competition, there's a winner and a loser. We're not 5 years old (despite how some players behanve), we don't need participational stuff. If you lose the game, regardless of how close it was, you were either unlucky, or just not as good as the other team. It's as simple as that.

And also kudos to you for not being the type to let changes in the game piss you off. Too many people complain and rage quit over ridiculous things, only to return days later and find that what they were upset about wasn't as big a deal as they had thought, or are able to live with it. I never liked the idea of pet battling - in fact, I hated it. It seemed like such a stupid, kiddy thing to add. But I bought the expansion, and was quite able to ignore that aspect of it and it never affected me at all. Not even remotely, because I wasn't using it.
    Then of course I saw some of the pets you were able to tame and began pet battling :P And while it is every bit as stupid as I had thought, even with its nintendo battle music, I actually also enjoy it a little.

But, back to the topic, as blizz said, it may not even be implemented. You've said yourself you're not going to rage quit over it and that it's not the biggest of deals, but I think you also know, somepart of you at least, that if you were on the losing team in a long and close battle, those small rewards would feel quite nice. You didn't win, but you won't feel like you've wasted your time as much.

Hello, For most players the RBG conq cap is 1650. gaining a small amount of conq points and no ratings for lets say a 1500/1600 score Seems very fair to me.

Again since then u wont get rating increase therefore ur still stuck at the built inn 1650 cap.
    Finding a RBG Team is hard winning with a RBG pug is nearly impossible.

as mentioned in the replies only 0.001% play RBG so making a 5v5 seems extremly cool! as it may take 2 hours to make a RBG team then u loose the first match and 6 ppls leave and u have to start over.

U may say go do 5v5 arena. But there is no objective in arena

I suck at english

Kind regards

alphabetichs
    Last edited by alphabetichs; 2012-11-01 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted

gg blizz.
    Why would you teach your kids they are doomed to be worthless?

Silly. Too binary.

Out here in the real world, if you want people to do stuff for you, you have to make it a positive benefit for them to be involved or they will simply wander off and do something else. Minus being forced to compete, people don't bother with 100% win/lose games - and theres even very good evidence that when forced into win/lose people will deliberately lose.

Blizzard has no ability to make people play the game and pay their sub, so blizzard has to make wow attractive instead.

edit - Me and my guild also did RB...once.. We started late, didn't have much gear or tactics (being new) and we got rolled. We spent all weekend getting rolled, but we perservered - having expected a learning curve and finally won one game. At which point we stopped doing them, because the matchmaking sucks and getting rolled by uber pvp players for 12 hours or whatever it was completely worthless compared to pretty much anything else we could get up to.
    Last edited by mmoc0c0e2e799b; 2012-11-01 at 08:43 AM.

I have plenty of crushing losses like that and in no way did I want a fucking reward for it. Shits dumb in my opinion.

You get rewarded for winning, and for downing bosses. Not for almost winning or a 1% wipe.

I'm hoping this is just one of their derper employees doing a drunken brainstorm and not being taken seriously lol

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    The real concern is possibly making 5v5 RBG. Remember why 2v2 doesn't give the best PvP titles/rewards, or why 25-man raids are dying? Smaller groups will always be easier to manage and if they make 5-man RBGs the 10-man ones will die out quite fast...
    Lack of 5 person pvp maps kills the need to worry pretty quickly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I like getting shit. If u dont want shit, join a RBG, so if you loose, you get a big fat goose egg.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    As long as its a small increase in conquest / honor, i dont see the harm. Actually i think its a good thing. Can you recall the amount of BGs that your team quit playing because you where behind in points?

WG - 10 MINUTES left and Enemy team has on more Flag cap = Let them win.
    AB - Enemy team up by 200 points = Let them win.
    AV - Lost a tower / enemy team has more reinforcments = Let them win.
    EOTS - Down by 100 = Let them win.

With a chance at an extra reward, player may get off their asses and attempt to win. This will make BGs more exciting. I hope they add it to randoms as well.
    ^^what this guy said...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.