Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Shadow priests and warlocks both have a ton of cc, defenses, and damage. They are simply far more powerful than a lot of other classes right now.
    Warlock is the 3rd worst class atm, pretty much all other caster, except possibly moonkin, is superior.

Deleted
    While I am inclined to think you#re doing it wrong I have to wholeheartedly agree with the notion of nerfing warlocks. It's wednesday after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Destro warlocks are a bit out of control.

I got hit with a 225k shadowburn crit the other day, I had around 47% resil. (The lock was well geared and probably had zerking).

I just think their burst needs to be toned down slightly.

dropping below 20% vs warlocks and warriors means instant death.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    because there is nothing called cooldowns in this game, i'm sure.

and if you can react to 280k burst in less than 1 second, then you should get an award. but no, you sadly can't, so sorry, but take this old cookie.

and yes, i do know BM got a lot of burst, but nothing near 280k in a 0,5 second cast followed by an instant cast. noone can react to that, especialy not while in a fear, trying to claim otherwise just makes you look stupid.
    Actually its a 3 second cast followed by an instant cast if you're under 20% health.. sure.. nerf the burst, but only if there's an equal raise in sustained damage. Honestly i think you're exaggerating a bit, unless he had zerking he's not hitting you for 280k in one shot..
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    because there is nothing called cooldowns in this game, i'm sure.

and if you can react to 280k burst in less than 1 second, then you should get an award. but no, you sadly can't, so sorry, but take this old cookie.

and yes, i do know BM got a lot of burst, but nothing near 280k in a 0,5 second cast followed by an instant cast. noone can react to that, especialy not while in a fear, trying to claim otherwise just makes you look stupid.
    Where are you pulling these figures from? What is this 0.5 second cast you speak of? Oh thats right, it doesn't exist. You got hit by a proc followed by and instant at best.

Unless you can provide some sort of proof of these figures, you don't have any credibility.

I got hit with a 225k shadowburn crit the other day, I had around 47% resil. (The lock was well geared and probably had zerking).

So what if it was 225K? Shadowburn is only available when the victim is under 20% health, so if he downs your health by that much, you should die.

They are not fine, supposedly ele shaman are "fine" which makes warlocks massively over powered. You have more cc, more hp, more defensive abilities, far far more burst, you even have better healing and you do it without having to stop doing damage. Warlocks are superior to elemental shaman in every single way.
    If you cant take a lock with an ele shaman you need to l2p! Tremor totem, purge, nuke VS fear doesnt work, dots get purged, ramp-up to dots that got purged unless Lock got a UA up? Pfft...

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    If you cant take a lock with an ele shaman you need to l2p! Tremor totem, purge, nuke VS fear doesnt work, dots get purged, ramp-up to dots that got purged unless Lock got a UA up? Pfft...
    No lock that isn't touched loses to an ele shaman. You must stand there and let him free cast on you with ascendance.

No lock that isn't touched loses to an ele shaman. You must stand there and let him free cast on you with ascendance.
    Wish you were on my server Moadar, I'd love to duel you til we were an even match just for the learning curve. Ele's are beatin my ass lol

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Wish you were on my server Moadar, I'd love to duel you til we were an even match just for the learning curve. Ele's are beatin my ass lol
    Same. Are you aff? Its destro that I have massive problems with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    if only hunters could silence casters...oh wait
    Yeah, 4 second silence. It's really gonna hurt a warlock, who can tank like a bawss and then heal himself like a bawss as well.
    Locks aren't mages, that you can faceroll in a silence as a hunter. Your silence does nothing, merely prolongs the inevitable.

Same. Are you aff? Its destro that I have massive problems with.
    Afflic...have been for years.

As a Mistweaver Monk (in PVP), if I see a Warlock they are my prime concern over any other class. If I determine they're Demonologist, I stun and move on. If they're Affliction I ignore them completely because it's really funny if they try and dot me up. If I determine it's a Destruction lock then he's all that matters. I'm in partial conquest gear and have my four-set. I almost can't out-heal his damage if he's aiming at anyone but me.

This is assume that there's at least one other person on his team actively fighting myself or the group I'm standing there in.

Now, if you're BM. A silence then a stampede should be all it takes to ruin any Warlock's day. Assuming you have those lined up in time.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    As a Mistweaver Monk (in PVP), if I see a Warlock they are my prime concern over any other class. If I determine they're Demonologist, I stun and move on. If they're Affliction I ignore them completely because it's really funny if they try and dot me up. If I determine it's a Destruction lock then he's all that matters. I'm in partial conquest gear and have my four-set. I almost can't out-heal his damage if he's aiming at anyone but me.

This is assume that there's at least one other person on his team actively fighting myself or the group I'm standing there in.

Now, if you're BM. A silence then a stampede should be all it takes to ruin any Warlock's day. Assuming you have those lined up in time.
    Warlocks don't have much use of a pvp trinket vs. a hunter, so it's pretty easy to just use the trinket on the silence if that silence is coupled with stampede. So much for your tactic.

15+ Year Old Account

A small edited screenshot of a log doesn't really say anything. What it does say is that you only had 17k health left and were being attacked by multiple enemies which were applying at least one debuff since Shattering Throw reduces armor as well as removes invulnerabilities. Anyone could have killed you at that point and over kill is exactly that overkill.

Maybe it is overpowered for it to do that much under perfect circumstances. But they are exactly that perfect circumstances. If you let a nuclear bomb launch you can't complain that they it hit you for so much when you could have stopped it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Let's be honest here. Unless you're a warrior/dk, you are bound to have your hands full with a lock (destro or demo, ofc).

Just deal with them or move on. Every classes has their own fix on the way.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Yeah, 4 second silence. It's really gonna hurt a warlock, who can tank like a bawss and then heal himself like a bawss as well.
    Locks aren't mages, that you can faceroll in a silence as a hunter. Your silence does nothing, merely prolongs the inevitable.
    Warlock has to hard cast most of his dmg, hunter has tons of ways to avoid getting hit. As a hunter you should be killing warlocks easier than mages.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Let's be honest here. Unless you're a spriest/dk, you are bound to have your hands full with a lock ( demo, ofc).
    There, fixed that for you
    Spriests are the bane of my existence atm, everyone else? Aside from spriest and a good dk, not so much worry, usually I play with them until they burst, then pop defensives and Archimond's vengence. In D.A.
    Anyways, guess I got it from years of tanking, or maybe it's that I am a sadist, I enjoy watching ppl pop cd's and burst, only to kill themselves, since my HP is usually much higher and I self heal, while I damage them and they damage themselves.
    Not to mention a few weeks of payback for years of knockbacks and mind controls off cliffs lol
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account

A spell that hits very hard on targets below 20% hp hmmm, we need a way to execute people, no?
    If you get that low, you are dead anyway unless you have a healer or cooldowns...