Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok bugged.

So, the shield he spawns during the voice, does nothing for us. It doesn't mitigate any dmg at all. Has anyone else encountered this and has anyone found a fix?

Are you putting more than 4/9 people in it?

How about having them spawn in the gas in the middle? /sunglasses dealwithit. wut

Well... he kind of is a bug...

Sorry. Couldn't resist!

With even distribution you should be fine on the shields. On our kill last night (25 man) we put range in the furthest, heals and the extra ranged in the mid ranged, and melee and offtank in the melee shield, and I (prot pal) stood out for the whole thing since its physical dmg and good SoTR uptime i took basically no dmg from it and whatever aoe heals caught me was plenty, freeing up another spot in a shield in case it was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Well... he kind of is a bug...

Sorry. Couldn't resist!
    this, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Are you putting more than 4/9 people in it?
    Nope we've tried it with 1, 2, 3 or 4 people. Still does nothing to mitigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Nope we've tried it with 1, 2, 3 or 4 people. Still does nothing to mitigate it.
    Are you sure you're not just underestimating how hard the AoE ticks? It still hits like a truck under the shields, just more like an F-250 than a Mack. It's only a 40% reduction.

the shield does not make you immune from his damage. It reduces damage taken. Your raid still need to setup AoE heal CD for each. There are 3 shields, you need to assign 3 on each, with the tank/offtank staying out depending on who the current tank is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The damage you take even while under the shields is gigantic, are you sure you're not just taking the mitigated damage, which doesn't feel mitigated at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    Are you sure you're not just underestimating how hard the AoE ticks? It still hits like a truck under the shields, just more like an F-250 than a Mack. It's only a 40% reduction.
    Yea, it seems to work like once every blue moon. and we've tried just strafing sideways during ticks seeing no difference.

It worked fine for us everytime. And yea it's only 40% reduction not 100%

The unmitigated damage is ~120k on me(Hunter with Iron Hawk talent), -40% from that and you get about 70k damage per second, it is still very high, and you cannot outheal it completely and will most likely end up with players having under 20% life after it ends.

It is pretty insane until you sort out the raid CDs.

Since this is all physical damage, here's some advice from a pally perspective: Devotion Aura does not work, Hand of Protection does, Glyphed Divine Protection does.

Anything with armor helps. (Don't take that Fan offhand in there HPallies!)
    Moo.

Make sure your healers have a rotation of CDs figured out before going into the phase. Or at least make sure they can communicate and figure things out on the fly. Once we got it in peoples' heads that they needed to use personal defense cooldowns, it was a lot easier to survive. I think just about every class should have something to make it much easier on the healers. I know, as the tank, I can survive just by using a cooldown without receiving any outside heals. I believe our mage has iceblocked through one. Our rogue uses feint, which is quite effective. This phase shouldn't just be up to the healers to get through.

Yup, yup. We know that it doesn't mitigate all of it, but it actually didn't mitigate anything, when we disbanded the raid and did some group jumping around we tried it again and it worked as intended and he went down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    How about having them spawn in the gas in the middle? /sunglasses dealwithit. wut
    Ty silly casual pony /dealwithit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarpower View Post
    Ty silly casual pony /dealwithit?
    lolwat

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    Shield works, the ability just hits hard.
    Is it that hard to read? we did extensive testing and it didn't. Jebus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    I think what you're seeing here, is people are still taking a substantial amount of damage - even inside the shields. We had to rotate CD's, use health stones and other personal CD's or off healing to get through it. Don't know how many healers you're using but we went with 2 and had a few people dead at the end. Could easily have 3 healed it and then it wouldn't have been an issue though.

But to make it clear; I don't think it's bugged, it's just that the dmg is still rather high.