Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Zed, The Master of Shadows

Morello:

Hey guys,

So we'’re going to be doing a big reveal on this stuff soon, but I wanted to give you a quick gameplay peek of the next champion – the Shadow Ninja.

We'’ve worked hard to make a cool gameplay loop that is really ninja-y and lets you be pretty clever. Let me run you through it real fast;

• He can make a stationary shadow of himself that then copies his skills when used. For example, you can throw a skillshot shuriken and he’ll also throw one. If they both hit, then you hit with two!
    • He can swap places with his shadow to be elusive, set up ganks, or dodge skillshots
    • All his skills can double hit!
    • Yes, he uses energy

Shadow Ninja’'s gameplay isn'’t about deceptive clones, but instead copying himself to extend and increase his power or mobility. And since his moves deal with areas or skillshots, setting up the right positioning to double-hit and maximize your damage is really important.

Skills:
    Contempt for the Weak (Passive): Whenever Zed attacks an enemy below 50% Health, he deals an additional 8% of their maximum Health as magic damage. This effect has a short cooldown.
    Razor Shuriken: Zed and his shadow both throw their shurikens, dealing physical damage to any target they pass through. Each Shuriken deals less damage to targets beyond the first.
    Living Shadow: Zed’s shadow dashes forward, remaining in place for a short duration. Zed’s shadow will duplicate his spells. Activating Living Shadow again while his shadow is active will cause Zed to switch positions with his shadow. If both Zed and his shadow strike the same target with Razor Shurikens or Shadow Slash, Zed re-gains some energy and the target suffers an additional effect: Razor Shurikens deal additional bonus damage and the slow from Shadow Slash is dramatically increased.
    Shadow Slash: Zed and his shadow both create a burst of shadow, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies. Zed’s Shadow Slash slightly reduces the cooldown of Living Shadow by for each unit struck. The shadow’s Shadow Slash briefly slows enemies.
    Death Mark: Zed sinks into the shadows and dashes to his target, dealing physical damage. He also spawns a Living Shadow beyond the target, which duplicates his spells and marks the target. After 3 seconds, the mark will detonate, dealing physical damage based on the damage dealt to the target by Zed and his shadow while the mark was active. Zed can reactivate this ability to switch positions with this shadow.

Lore:
    Zed is the first ninja in 200 years to unlock the ancient, forbidden ways. He defied his clan and master, casting off the balance and discipline that had shackled him all his life. Zed now offers power to those who embrace knowledge of the shadows, and slays those who cling to ignorance.
    An orphan, Zed was taken in and trained by a great ninja master. Only one other student appeared to be Zed's equal - the master's son, Shen. It seemed Zed could never win the favor of the master, as every match between the rivals ended in a draw. Frustrated and jealous, he sought an advantage. The young ninja ventured into a sealed part of the clan's temple, where he found an ornate, foreboding box. Sensing the dark knowledge within, Zed knew he should not open it, but he peered inside nonetheless. In an instant, shadows touched his mind, revealing techniques that had long been hidden. Now armed with a secret edge, he challenged Shen, and this time he defeated the master's son. He expected praise and recognition in his moment of victory, but somehow the master knew Zed had used forbidden ways, and banished him.
    Humiliated, the young ninja wandered for years. His bitterness turned to ambition, and he began to train others in the style of the shadows. As his power grew, so did his circle of followers, but he knew that without the box, his technique would never be perfect. One day, Zed looked at his followers and saw that his students were now an army. He led them back to the temple to claim his prize. At the gates, he was surprised to find the old master waiting, receiving Zed and his disciples as if they were welcome guests. The old man laid his sword at Zed's feet, declaring that he had failed Zed as his master. By banishing his former student, the master had doomed Zed to the shadows, instead of leading him to the balanced path. The old man implored Zed to enter the temple, destroy the box, and lead his followers to balance. The dark ninja followed the master inside. Moments later, the assembled ninjas heard Zed cry out in pain. Mysteriously, he emerged unscathed, and threw the severed head of the master at Shen's feet. Screaming in rage, Zed commanded his followers to slaughter the master's students and seize the box.
    That day, the old ninja order fell. Though many students died, some escaped thanks to Shen's heroic efforts. Now the temple is a dark training ground for the Order of the Shadow. Zed rules as the Order's master, and his edict is simple: perfect one's technique, and kill all ninjas who refuse to embrace the shadows.
    ''Balance is a lie - we are the true ninjas.'' -Zed
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-11-02 at 02:44 AM.

Dafuq? We posted at the same time. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Will update first post as more info becomes available.

Now, is it me or does that scream Crimson Elite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Will update first post as more info becomes available.

Now, is it me or does that scream Crimson Elite?
    You mean he looks like Talon with armour

Deleted
    Reminds me of "old school" ninja movies where the ninja copies itself into more "clones" with lighting fast speeds. Now if ulti makes him spin in circle with 5 clones...

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    You mean he looks like Talon with armour
    Looks like a mixture of Shredder and Tier 5 Deathmantle.

He looks fucking awesome. That's what he looks like!

another dark and probably evil champion. I want something loving and carefree (like the Enchantress in Dota)

Deleted
    He looks awesome!

Deleted
    >One generic skillshot.
    >One swap.
    >One clone-spawner.
    >Only 1 clone.
    His ultimate better be intricate as all-hell or he's going to be very very very dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    >One generic skillshot.
    >One swap.
    >One clone-spawner.
    >Only 1 clone.
    His ultimate better be intricate as all-hell or he's going to be very very very dull.
    The clone spawner and the swap could be on the same slot I guess. But yeah it seems a little limited :/

Put clone in bush, get away easily, it's kinda a LeBlanc meets Wukong

I'm looking forward to hear more about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

So basically, he's gonna be a melee LeBlanc? Cloning his spells... and probably another damn assassin >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    So basically, he's gonna be a melee LeBlanc? Cloning his spells... and probably another damn assassin >.>
    We don't know much of him yet, thought it seems his entire game play will be around his shadow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! Shaco 2.0
    Hey everyone

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting, will see where this leads

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    im in love with melee, assassin type champs, this could be the first champ i buy right at release!

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Yay! Shaco 2.0
    Dont you dare ever say that again. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I played Dota for around 7years, and stopped it now completely, I really miss Phantom Lancer, he was unique and very fun to play, sadly I don't see him working in LoL, but I can only hope to see him one day
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing i thought of seeing him:

Probaly another assasin rather see a new tank/support.
    Last edited by Reluctant; 2012-11-01 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Pic to big