Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    i do get your point but the druid is a friend and just screwing your friends to get rating probably isnt that fun, we tried restro but i couldnt lay down enough dps to kill anything, they would just outlast me then kill them everyone had blown CD's that druid does more damage than me (played longer and knows class better)

Im going to try demo in some BG's as i think it might work a bit better, restro druid demo lock might be a beter choice.

What classes would you suggest i played with? as i guess i can run games with 2 people
    Well, that's the reason I suggest you play Demo in 2s with a healer (especially with a druid, considering the way they currently are), so that you can actually kill something. As both Affliction or Destro it's impossible to kill anything (against healer/dps; affliction is really good against 2 DPS, while Demo is rather clunky vs 2 dps since you need to build up fury in the beggining) even with CDs if your opponents at least understand half this game. It's really easy to stop Affliction or Destro burst, but not that easy to stop it if the lock is Demo, simply because you don't cast anything while bursting, it's all instant spells.

As for 3s, Affliction is still better paired with the right classes (mage, warrior, shadow priest).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    Well, that's the reason I suggest you play Demo in 2s with a healer (especially with a druid, considering the way they currently are), so that you can actually kill something. As both Affliction or Destro it's impossible to kill anything (against healer/dps; affliction is really good against 2 DPS, while Demo is rather clunky vs 2 dps since you need to build up fury in the beggining) even with CDs if your opponents at least understand half this game. It's really easy to stop Affliction or Destro burst, but not that easy to stop it if the lock is Demo, simply because you don't cast anything while bursting, it's all instant spells.

As for 3s, Affliction is still better paired with the right classes (mage, warrior, shadow priest).
    ok thanks for the feedback ill look into demonology but it confused me a lot last time as to what to do when i pop demon form, is it just chaos wave spam? and i guess i cant kill anything out of demon form...

I keep trying to get a 3rd player for 3's with restro, affliciton lock and X but theres barley anyone on the server, ill try harder!

ok thanks for the feedback ill look into demonology but it confused me a lot last time as to what to do when i pop demon form, is it just chaos wave spam? and i guess i cant kill anything out of demon form...

I keep trying to get a 3rd player for 3's with restro, affliciton lock and X but theres barley anyone on the server, ill try harder!
    Well, when you pop CDs (Dark Soul, on use trinket, Imp Swarm, Demon Form) you need to have a decent amount of fury, both charges of Hand of Gul'dan not on CD since it will transform into Chaos Wave and that's half of your burst, and after that, you will spam Touch of Chaos wich is the version of Shadowbolt while in Demon Form, it's instant, cost relatively low fury and does high damage for an instant spell with lower global cd than normal and for a no cd spell. Also, make sure the pet hits the target while under the effect of your CDs, it does a lot of damage.

While not having CDs up, you'll most likely AFK Building fury and waiting for CDs. If you get to 1000 fury and your CDs ain't back, use that fury. One thing you should do every 30 secs, is go Demon Form and use Curse of Enfeeblement wich transforms into Aura of Enfeeblement affecting everyone around you and it's also NOT dispellable, this way your opponent's will have ALL the time 25% cast time increased and 20% less psysical damage.

Deleted
    Well, when you pop CDs (Dark Soul, on use trinket, Imp Swarm, Demon Form) you need to have a decent amount of fury, both charges of Hand of Gul'dan not on CD since it will transform into Chaos Wave and that's half of your burst, and after that, you will spam Touch of Chaos wich is the version of Shadowbolt while in Demon Form, it's instant, cost relatively low fury and does high damage for an instant spell with lower global cd than normal and for a no cd spell. Also, make sure the pet hits the target while under the effect of your CDs, it does a lot of damage.

While not having CDs up, you'll most likely AFK Building fury and waiting for CDs. If you get to 1000 fury and your CDs ain't back, use that fury. One thing you should do every 30 secs, is go Demon Form and use Curse of Enfeeblement wich transforms into Aura of Enfeeblement affecting everyone around you and it's also NOT dispellable, this way your opponent's will have ALL the time 25% cast time increased and 20% less psysical damage.
    great tips thanks, when do i use chaos wave then? you only mentioned actually using touch of chaos, are they the only 2 things i should be casting in demon form?

Also do i need to alter any of my gear? i reforged mastery, and if my druid played restro would be need to change anything from being balance?

great tips thanks, when do i use chaos wave then? you only mentioned actually using touch of chaos, are they the only 2 things i should be casting in demon form?

Also do i need to alter any of my gear? i reforged mastery, and if my druid played restro would be need to change anything from being balance?
    I can't help you with Druid reforging stats, no idea. But mastery is the way to go for Warlock.

You use Chaos Wave when bursting with your Cds and when having extra fury and your CDs ain't back (example, you have 900 fury, your CDs are still 1 minute from coming back, go Demon Form and use the charges on Chaos Wave and do some Touch of Chaos). But you need to time your stuff up, example if you have 20 secs remaining on CDs, don't use more than 1 Hand of Gul'dan since it has 15 secs CD.

And yes, that's the only 2 things you do while in Demon Form. 2 Chaos Waves, and rest is Touch of Chaos spam. Obviously you will need to use Doom aswell and Carrion Swarm to knockback people or Demonic Leap to get some distance from your opponents, but when you burst it's only Chaos Wave and Touch of Chaos.

Deleted
    I can't help you with Druid reforging stats, no idea. But mastery is the way to go for Warlock.

You use Chaos Wave when bursting with your Cds and when having extra fury and your CDs ain't back (example, you have 900 fury, your CDs are still 1 minute from coming back, go Demon Form and use the charges on Chaos Wave and do some Touch of Chaos). But you need to time your stuff up, example if you have 20 secs remaining on CDs, don't use more than 1 Hand of Gul'dan since it has 15 secs CD.

And yes, that's the only 2 things you do while in Demon Form. 2 Chaos Waves, and rest is Touch of Chaos spam. Obviously you will need to use Doom aswell and Carrion Swarm to knockback people or Demonic Leap to get some distance from your opponents, but when you burst it's only Chaos Wave and Touch of Chaos.
    and when you say CD's you mean imp, ds and trinket?

and when you say CD's you mean imp, ds and trinket?
    Yes, DS, on use PvP trinket, and Imp Swarm.

Deleted
    Yes, DS, on use PvP trinket, and Imp Swarm.
    thanks,

just to make sure im setup ok, are all the spells ill need on my action bars in this screen cap? (sorry its so big, croll all the way to the right to see all bars!)

Dont want to have missed anything off!

tried to put heals and defensives across the top

cc next row

damage spells bottom row

anything should / shouldnt be there which is/isnt?

Deleted
    I think, the general problem is not the lack of knowledge of your own class, but on the others. For example, I just saw a game where you stand in Solar Beam for 10+ seconds. No roots, no nothing.

Solar beam, is a ability your boomkin friend have, which silences you if you stand within in. Another game I saw you Chaosbolt into a AMS, which had been up for 3+ seconds.

You have to get some more knowledge of classes, and how they work. Apart from other feedback, which is CCing, and and using cooldowns with a more than 1 ember.
    You seem to get that you have to knock people out of stealth and that it can stun.

You have to stop clicking your abilities. You have to stop using all your healing/defensives at once, and use them when needed. If you can see, yoru going to take big dmg, use your 50% dmg reduction. its also very great for being able to cast freely, without getting counterspelled.

Dark Bargain is great to negate big dmg too.

I would advice your boomkin going resto if you need to practice. It might take you longer, and might get you more losses, but you need some key elements of play before you can progress. Longer fights generates better results, in my opnion.

Also, you tunnelvision alot. You start running to the pillar, and don't even realise that the SP is heading for you and dotting you.

I know the portal is important, but if they charge you, you just have to put it at your ramp. Also if the team aren't engaging you, put your long distance portal up.

You obviously lack some knowledge of your class, and using focus macros etc will net you better results.

But bottom line is, that you know how you can use fears, defensive cooldowns and silences, so its not because you don't know your class.
    Its because you know nothing about your surroundings, and how to engage their weakness and strengths.

Also, haven't really played 3s, only 2s - But I met an increasingly ammount of Demo locks. I don't know about demo's, but they seem to be a horrible spec. Maybe with a healer
    I prefer Aff/Destruction for myself, anyday. Affliction by heart, but destro seeem to net better results.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 12:50 AM ----------

Someone wrote above me, that Demo with a healer might be strong. Could be, Touch of Chaos spam yo! But only for 2s, 3s is way to fast phased.

I'm not an expert on warlocks tbh, but after reading the tips, and watching your two newest updates, I noticed that you are still not using Havoc, you also don't use the Shadow Ward, or the shadow/holy damage absorb spell, that could have mitigated quite alot of dmg from the retri paladins, and from the Aff lock, Spriest combo.

You also still burn all your embers, leaving you with none left for emergencies, like an extra heal, or that final Shadowburn, should you get someone low (wich btw, might have earned you a win, vs the druid and paladin combo).

Now, to the positiv stuff, you seem to have picked up on what people have told you, and you are definetly playing better in the last 2 videos, just keep it up, and you'll have tons of fun
    Cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    I'm not an expert on warlocks tbh, but after reading the tips, and watching your two newest updates, I noticed that you are still not using Havoc, you also don't use the Shadow Ward, or the shadow/holy damage absorb spell, that could have mitigated quite alot of dmg from the retri paladins, and from the Aff lock, Spriest combo.

You also still burn all your embers, leaving you with none left for emergencies, like an extra heal, or that final Shadowburn, should you get someone low (wich btw, might have earned you a win, vs the druid and paladin combo).

Now, to the positiv stuff, you seem to have picked up on what people have told you, and you are definetly playing better in the last 2 videos, just keep it up, and you'll have tons of fun
    Cheers!
    those 2 newer videos were filmed at the same time as the rest of them, i just didnt have tim to upload them until the next day, so they wouldnt of used any advice given so far

those 2 newer videos were filmed at the same time as the rest of them, i just didnt have tim to upload them until the next day, so they wouldnt of used any advice given so far
    aah you still played alot better in thoose two though, used portals alot more etc upload some when you have gotten some practise with your new tips

Deleted
    Ok guys, i specced into demonology today with a lot more sucess!

I played with a 70% geared disc priest team mate who has more experience (upto 1600s)

Here are the games (4-5 total upload in progress)

(we won a fair few more than we lost, this is a random sample based off what i remembered to press record on, this was my first time ever playing demonology!)

Last edited by mmoc70cd3b8a0e; 2012-11-02 at 10:14 PM.

Use the pet's stun, you never used it.

Deleted
    Use the pet's stun, you never used it.
    couldnt work out how, do i KB it in the pet bar?

Deleted
    couldnt work out how, do i KB it in the pet bar?
    There's an ability in your spell book called "Command Demon" it will change to whatever special ability your current pet has, with felguard/wrathguard you'll have Axe Toss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    There's an ability in your spell book called "Command Demon" it will change to whatever special ability your current pet has, with felguard/wrathguard you'll have Axe Toss.
    yea mine has the spin attack as the command demon spell, i noticed he has 2 but no button for the 2nd except on the pet bar? (the one like a firey fist icon) how do i get control over that?

Also anything else / how is my game play otherwise? (also how exactly does doom work, is it just a DoT?)

edit: just noticed in the ptr patch notes a change to meta attacks, what do they mean by ranged melee attack?

With Weak CC,we have nothing to do but to be a "tank" to play with enimies.while different to mage.
    I have forgotten how many times that I WAS RUSHed by mage in 5seconds.

Deleted
    yea mine has the spin attack as the command demon spell, i noticed he has 2 but no button for the 2nd except on the pet bar? (the one like a firey fist icon) how do i get control over that?

Also anything else / how is my game play otherwise? (also how exactly does doom work, is it just a DoT?)

edit: just noticed in the ptr patch notes a change to meta attacks, what do they mean by ranged melee attack?
    You can also make a macro "/cast axe toss".

As far as the patch notes are concerned, as blizzard can't fix a bug they've had since... forever... They thought it's easier to simply remove the 'auto attack' that Demonology warlocks do while in demon form.

As far as your gameplay on the latest videos, aside from not using axe toss, you're never casting anything, only fel-flaming. While this is accepted with destruction, as demonology, even with molten core procs, you're not using Soul fire (well, very very rarely).

You're also not re-summoning your demon when it dies, even though you have Demonic Rebirth.

If you are insistent on using nothing but instant cast spells, then use your fear for the healer ALL the time, there's very rarely a reason to fear the dps that's sitting on you, if they have a healer free-cast healing.

You also might want to take Shadowfury if you're going to continue playing with a priest because of the DR, your fears will be really weak.

As with doom, it's simply an extra DoT you get when going into Demon form, allowing you to build up more fury.

In normal form, use corruption, in demon forum, use doom.
    Try to keep them both rolling at the same time, however don't jump in and out of forms all the time, just don't forget to apply doom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    You can also make a macro "/cast axe toss".

As far as the patch notes are concerned, as blizzard can't fix a bug they've had since... forever... They thought it's easier to simply remove the 'auto attack' that Demonology warlocks do while in demon form.

As far as your gameplay on the latest videos, aside from not using axe toss, you're never casting anything, only fel-flaming. While this is accepted with destruction, as demonology, even with molten core procs, you're not using Soul fire (well, very very rarely).

You're also not re-summoning your demon when it dies, even though you have Demonic Rebirth.

If you are insistent on using nothing but instant cast spells, then use your fear for the healer ALL the time, there's very rarely a reason to fear the dps that's sitting on you, if they have a healer free-cast healing.

You also might want to take Shadowfury if you're going to continue playing with a priest because of the DR, your fears will be really weak.

As with doom, it's simply an extra DoT you get when going into Demon form, allowing you to build up more fury.

In normal form, use corruption, in demon forum, use doom.
    Try to keep them both rolling at the same time, however don't jump in and out of forms all the time, just don't forget to apply doom.
    thanks im still learning to cast soul fire on proccs will be sure to use that from now on.

with the demon resummon is it an ability i need to use for instant resummon? i sometimes dont notice when it does as those were the first games ive ever played with a demon.

ill start setting healer as focus and fearing on cd, ill think about shadow fury but howl is good as a final peel for my healer if he has x2 dps on him.