Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'll only believe that they've released Heart of fear too soon if we end up with another Icecrown Citadel / Dragon Soul situation where we get stuck with 1 raid for a longer than usual patch cycle..... If that happens then with hindsight i'd agree that Heart of fear has been released too soon.

If we are going to get left with 1 raid for more than 7-8 months before the next expansion then it would have made more sense to delay these raid releases for a bit longer.... But if they had done this then you'd get loads of threads complaining about how few raid bosses MOP has at release compared to previous expansion and how this shows that blizzard is lazy, doesn't care about the game anymore and has all it's best devs working on Titan.

you guys are in for a rude awakening in heart of fear. 3rd boss is no joke with people who arent capable of doing what they're told. Most guilds wont have full clears of HoF done until terrace is released.

If your working on the heroic MSV then it makes perfect sense to do your normal mode HOF to get your tier gear to finish MSV heroic. That just makes sense for me some reason since they dont share the same lockout.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet Garalon will be a block for majority of guilds. It's a very rough healer check with 2 healers (70-90k hps for each healer for 6 minutes) and if you go with 3 healers its a rough DPS check. We had 6/6 HC cleared before HoF and our gear is slightly better than average and I believe our team has more skillful and dedicated players than most of guilds - still, Garalon was challenging though we killed him with a couple of pulls. Number-wise, normal Garalon requires more numbers than any of the Mogu Shan Heroics. Although the heroic mechanics and fights itself are harder, normal Garalon is the gear check.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

You're not really meant to do heroic MV before normal HoF. So as long as you've got normal MV cleared, then you're on schedule.

My guild has full cleared normal MV twice, we feel pretty ready for normal HoF.

Btw, do you have to clear MsV normal to gain access to HoF normal?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    You're not really meant to do heroic MV before normal HoF. So as long as you've got normal MV cleared, then you're on schedule.

My guild has full cleared normal MV twice, we feel pretty ready for normal HoF.
    If you have cleared normal MSV twice, you are more than ready for MSV heroics. You should realize the fact that normal HoF fights can actually be harder than heroic MSV fights If you can't kill Garalon, you should go back to MV and progress the first three heroic bosses there, those are rather easy. Spirit Kings is the fight where things go nasty in MSV
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    There are 4 steps of gear in this tier (excluding raid finder)

489 normal MSV
    496 normal HOF/Terrace
    502 heroic MSV (and 503 elite items from Protectors in TES)
    509 heroic HOF/Terrace
    516 heroic elite from Protectors in TES (just 1-2 usable pieces per class, something like Spine/Madness HC armor pieces with higher ilvl than rest)

So it makes sense to progress through normal Heart of Fear, then step to heroic Mogushan, or do them at the same time (if you cleared normal Mogushan by now). Then after you cleared them and farmed enough gear it's heroic HOF/terrace which are the highest ilvl (and hardest) content bosses this tier.

Remember when people were saying "But releasing them separately is a terrible idea! There won't be enough to do!"

Yeah, good times. Honestly, my group isn't done with MSV yet, so I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by suffeli View Post
    If you have cleared normal MSV twice, you are more than ready for MSV heroics. You should realize the fact that normal HoF fights can actually be harder than heroic MSV fights If you can't kill Garalon, you should go back to MV and progress the first three heroic bosses there, those are rather easy. Spirit Kings is the fight where things go nasty in MSV
    Yeah, we totally are, just didn't get the time really. Tried heroic stone guard but didn't want to play ball, so we just did another full normal mode clear to prepare for normal HoF.

We'll figure out where we're going to go from there, once we've tried out HoF tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Btw, do you have to clear MsV normal to gain access to HoF normal?
    No. You only need to clear HoF normal to get to Terrace. You can go to HoF if you have no kills in MSV normal if you wish.

If they made an executive decision to release it this week then I say "Too soon, Executives. Too soon..."

Sorry... had to be done.

Its all the same tier, why do you think its released too soon?

Deleted
    Normal raids are for normal players.
    If you havn't gotten far enough into MV heroic to justify yourself as a "heroic raiding guild" then you should do the rest of the tier on normal instead of trying to push heroic.

That's atleast my point of view.

Deleted
    Normal msv -> normal hof -> normal terrace

So it's perfectly fine for hof to be released now.

Also, it was supposed to be released all at the same time, but it would've probably overwhelmed a lot of guilds/people, so they staggered it a bit so people don't feel "forced" to raid more than they want. (ofc they're not forced, but some people [especially hardcore] people will feel that way to keep up with competition)

Deleted
    We are quite happy about the release schedule for t14. Not too much at once, and yet enough to not disappoint us to not have anything to do during the week despite clearing MV hc in a few hours.

Blizzard doesn't wait for the "average" raider to feel comfortable with the current content before they release new. If that were the case, we wouldn't see Heart of Fear for months.

If you are an average raider, then your focus should be on whichever raid you are capable of doing, right? So I fail to see how you would feel torn between two raids. It's all one tier and the content has to come out sometime. You will either raid it all or raid what you can.

And this tier is in no way, shape or form comparable to Dragon Soul. DS was a garbage raid from the very beginning and we were stuck with it for 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    try being a melee that has to wait for terrace to get a sha weapon

well, theres always elegon I guess
    There's a str 1-hander with hit/mastery off one of the bosses in HoF, but I assume you're talking about 2-handers.

I think it's a fair way of doing the gating, if there is any. It paces the content and our gear slightly and means that most people end up having some choice regarding the content that they want to raid instead of being stuck with just one raid at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Tier 9: TOC released before any guild did 0-lights
    You were correct apart from this. Some half a dozen guilds killed Yogg+0 before TotC. T9 patch was the one was nerfed the encounter to oblivion, which resulted in a surge of kills overnight.