Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Any here follow pro-wrestling

Before you start bad mouthing say it * fake or stupid * is just a simple question

Me

I do follow the old ECW matches * before WWE/WWF F'N it * that was wrestling

I watched it when I was a child, liked Hulk Hogan. The reason people bad mouth wrestling for being fake is because it is fake. Some people enjoy it knowing that it is fake and that is fine, Its all about the drama like watching an episode of Coronation street. However, many fans of fighting want to see real fighting and wrestling doesnt give you that.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

It's not a sport. It's a soap opera. Wrong forum to be discussing it in. There is a forum for TV shows or whatever.

I keep tabs on it from time to time but go to a local indie promotion called Insane Championship Wrestling in Glasgow, imagine old school ECW but with drunk Scots!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loosely follow it. I don't have a lot of time to watch it, but I read spoilers after RAW/SD/PPVs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    Before you start bad mouthing say it * fake or stupid * is just a simple question

Me

I do follow the old ECW matches * before WWE/WWF F'N it * that was wrestling
    Actually calling that crap pro-wrestling is just wrong.

I remember when I worked for the cable company, old women would call yelling
    "I cant watch my Rasslin"

Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    Actually calling that crap pro-wrestling is just wrong.
    Pro-Acting? lol

Used to watch it as a kid during Hulk times, but back then I knew it was fake, but still was fun... like cartoons.

Be warned, this is not for the faint of heart nor anyone easily offended, but this is ICW's show from a couple of months ago, it's a long one (2hrs+) but that gives you an idea of the chaos you get at their shows! Was at one last night and never thought I'd see the day where there was a "taste the rainbow!" (y'know Skittles) chant at a wrestling show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvLJ2X5Xrc

Wrestling was so much fun when I had no clue it was fake.. man, those were the days. I had a huge crush on Miss Elizabeth when I was a kid.. who didn't?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    but why i love ecw here why and is 18+ and is the bloodest

BEST OF ECW

WWE UnCut: Joey Styles

Cactus Jack Theme
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-11-06 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The British independant scene is very much a reminscent of the late 90's early 00 style of wrestling crossed with a traditional World of Sport style layout. There's a lot of edgier content to it, some ridiculously OTT, thankfully not all the matches are ridiculous spotfests, but it's a great night of entertainment and rather cheap too.

The WWE hasn't been an engaging product in some time outside of it's main event storyline.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    When i am in europe staying at my father house * because he have freesat * i would watch the wrestling channel but that channel is ether going or they just change format but is was a good channel also they even have espn europe but the american version is funnier

10+ Year Old Account
    TWC got shutdown a while back, they do have a magazine program on Challenge TV though, it's pretty good.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    THIS IS WHAT WOULD I SAY !

Ron Simmons - DAMN vol.1

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ravock View Post
    It's not a sport. It's a soap opera. Wrong forum to be discussing it in. There is a forum for TV shows or whatever.
    Wrong, it has been fine to discuss here. Bodybuilding is okay, but not wrestling entertain? Hell, they do a lot of the same without the lame posing. Anyway, go away. I do follow, just not really tna.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    be warned, this is not for the faint of heart nor anyone easily offended, but this is icw's show from a couple of months ago, it's a long one (2hrs+) but that gives you an idea of the chaos you get at their shows! Was at one last night and never thought i'd see the day where there was a "taste the rainbow!" (y'know skittles) chant at a wrestling show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvlj2x5xrc
    grado! Grado! Grado! Grado!

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

The difference is that Bodybuilders build muscle so that they can make their bodies look a certain way, and then pose to show it. Wrestling is the equivlant of bodybuilders wearing rubber suits instead of actually building muscle, it's fake, it isn't a competitve sport or a fighting sport, it's an acting/stuntman show pretending to be a competitive fighting sport.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    It's labelled as sports entertainment, which is pretty much the best definition of it. The people who perform are athletes, this isn't just a group of jacked up on steroids weightlifters who hug and punch each other for five minutes. If anything it's physical theater at its most demanding.

When you consider the training regime needed to partake in it at the highest level, it's fitness related. The actual show itself however is entertainment. It's a grey area as to whether it's a discussion for here or in the tv section.

Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    grado! Grado! Grado! Grado!
    The boy is a phenomenon that's for sure - thought his move at the weekend was fucking brilliant, pulls out a bag of supposedly drawing pins but it turns out to be Skittles, had 200 people in Glasgow in tears at that, also inspired apparently a sign at a WWE show in Birmingham to get him booked, nuts I tell you!

I'm also with Fengore on this, lets be honest, we all know the outcomes are predetermined and it's not strictly a sporting contest, but the thing is you still have to be able to move often times close to 200lbs (or around 100kg) of human being around the place, still gotta take bumps and well, you can't really "fake" getting chopped to the chest - it's all going to hurt. Plus there's the fact you think it's a 15 minute thing, nah, you are as a wrestler more often than not there a full day, you set up the ring, after the event you're tearing it down often up to 300 nights of the year, you still got to go to the gym on an almost daily basis regardless as to where you are, still got to go to training even if you've been doing it for years & all this under the constant threat of some fuckwit not paying you when you get to the venue. A small percentage of guys make it to WWE/TNA where they don't have to do that, but for every John Cena or CM Punk there's a thousand guys out there doing it for £50 going through the process of doing everything it takes to put on a show, sounds like a decent days pay right £50 x 300 is £15,000 a year, but then you have all sorts of self employed stuff to go through - suddenly it becomes £10,000 very quickly. Wrestlers aren't just goons who go in there, pretend to beat each other up & get paid for it, they're businessmen/women, they probably know more about tax laws than you'll ever think of, a number of them do it on top of their "normal" jobs and even those who are lucky enough to do it full time do so constantly under the mindset where if they fuck up, a guy could wind up being out of action for months, costing them thousands. I couldn't do that - so while we all know it's scripted, atleast respect the fact the guys go out there & do that to entertain people despite the fact it's clearly a shitload more hassle than you'd be prepared to put up with because for all it's scripted in the ring, there's a lot of work that goes on outside it which most definitely ISN'T fake.