Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire spec on Garalon

Can anyone tell me if dots are able to be Inferno Blast spread from body to legs and vice verca?

Yes, but only the front ones IIRC. Well, at least it wasnt spreading from or to the rear ones when we were doing the boss.

living bomb goes from leg to boss everytime, but the other way around seemed random. perhaps only if he is doing a special animation

Wouldn't frost be a better spec for cleaving?

Nah I think fire is better for this one than frost. Ice lances wouldn't probably even hit boss and legs at the sametime since legs are so far away from each other

you can spread from leg to body, but i've never seen it work the other way around

i personally go to a legs, lust, get a high ignite with weakpoint, use combust and then spread it to the main body and watch as i rocket up to 300k dps but then i get called to take the pheromone and kite

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    you can spread from leg to body, but i've never seen it work the other way around

i personally go to a legs, lust, get a high ignite with weakpoint, use combust and then spread it to the main body and watch as i rocket up to 300k dps but then i get called to take the pheromone and kite
    You can spread from body to legs, works like a charm aswell, as to what legs it goes to is somewhat random, but still its nice to have 3x combustion up after the pull

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    You can spread from body to legs, works like a charm aswell, as to what legs it goes to is somewhat random, but still its nice to have 3x combustion up after the pull
    Yes but having 100% damage on legs helps for bigger combustions. So it's better to use that way.

Deleted
    you can spread from legs to body everytime. spreading from body to legs only works for the two frontal legs.

Quote Originally Posted by ralikonik View Post
    you can spread from legs to body everytime. spreading from body to legs only works for the two frontal legs.
    I was trying combustion on leg and spreading to body but it seemed random, maybe based on the animation of the leg.
    It would't spread sometimes for some reason and they die so fast that I ended up wasting a combustion without being able to spread it from that one leg, but sometimes it would randomly work without doing anything different.

Is there any way to tell when it works?
    Leg animation close to body? Boss not moving?

Tried this on front and back legs btw, both worked randomly

only the front legs which is very unfortunate :C:C

cleaving doesnt seem to work as arcane so i dont think it would work as frost as well
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Thanks for all the replies.

We are attempting tonight and I am fire. I can confirm that you can spread DoTs from body to legs. I have not paid enough attention to if its only front legs.

As for frost...I was attempting as frost last night. Ice Lances do not cleave. It sucks. Im doing about 10-20k more dps as fire then i was last night as frost. Deffinetly better.

Tip: Use incanter's ward on this fight, its 100% better than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    I was trying combustion on leg and spreading to body but it seemed random, maybe based on the animation of the leg.
    It would't spread sometimes for some reason and they die so fast that I ended up wasting a combustion without being able to spread it from that one leg, but sometimes it would randomly work without doing anything different.

Is there any way to tell when it works?
    Leg animation close to body? Boss not moving?

Tried this on front and back legs btw, both worked randomly
    Just killed this, it seems like inferno blast has a long delay on spreading dots, try waiting around 3 seconds after you combust a leg to inferno blast it. (On back legs)
    and ice block, temp shield work on crush.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2012-11-02 at 03:25 AM.

I would rather advice you use Ice Barrier because this fight requires direct absorb instead of temporal shield. Also spreading from legs to body is best like people have mentioned. If you're a real DPS ho then i suggest u go to the 2nd leg at start while the raid goes for the frontal leg, because if you use the crits + alter time you'll have insane ignite for combustion.

Cheers,

I had stable 125k DPS..until the last 10% i had to go do the debuff where i became royally fucked.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Quote Originally Posted by sef24 View Post
    Tip: Use incanter's ward on this fight, its 100% better than anything else.
    I agree, Incanter's Ward is definitely the way to go on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I agree, Incanter's Ward is definitely the way to go on this fight.
    Then again I see nothing wrong with invocation here, You will know every time a stomp is coming, you can stay put while no legs are up, you wont have time to do more than cast 1 fireball and move while kiting the pheromone, and it wont last more than 40 secs anyways.. Sure incanter's is usable here but it works for either as good, its down to which 1 do you prefer and which 1 gives more damage boost in the end.

Then again I see nothing wrong with invocation here, You will know every time a stomp is coming, you can stay put while no legs are up, you wont have time to do more than cast 1 fireball and move while kiting the pheromone, and it wont last more than 40 secs anyways.. Sure incanter's is usable here but it works for either as good, its down to which 1 do you prefer and which 1 gives more damage boost in the end.
    Incanters will always pop near instantly no matter what, and it is overall a bigger dps increase as long as that happens. There is 0 reason to use invocation, moreso if your on the moving legs and not just the boss.

Same goes for stone dogs.
    edit: when jade is up for 10 man

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    I would rather advice you use Ice Barrier because this fight requires direct absorb instead of temporal shield. Also spreading from legs to body is best like people have mentioned. If you're a real DPS ho then i suggest u go to the 2nd leg at start while the raid goes for the frontal leg, because if you use the crits + alter time you'll have insane ignite for combustion.

Cheers,

I had stable 125k DPS..until the last 10% i had to go do the debuff where i became royally fucked.
    I am not too sure about that. Constant damage is going out very quickly when stacks are high. Ice barrier can work no doubt but using your temp shield for the big hit or a little before works fine. You can easily absorb and heal 100-150k at 40ish kite stacks with TS. Also to note, just being a mage itself with cauterize, IB should make you pretty confortable avoiding death on this fight (unless the raid as a whole dies of course)

the biggest problem with ice barrier is the GCD, Garalon is big dps race, for my group we got our kill with maybe 3 seconds before the instant death enrage timer. Saving those gcds would really help in close dps attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by sef24 View Post
    There is 0 reason to use invocation, moreso if your on the moving legs and not just the boss.
    Yet I dont see a problem here, there is absolutely no reason what so ever why invocation would result movement problems in this encounter. Plus with counting pre-evocation invocation yields more dps increase overall. So the difference bethween the 2 is really small for this encounter..

Yet I dont see a problem here, there is absolutely no reason what so ever why invocation would result movement problems in this encounter. Plus with counting pre-evocation invocation yields more dps increase overall. So the difference bethween the 2 is really small for this encounter..
    I can't say I am sure, but as long as Incanters is popped every time, isn't it the clear winner? Which this fight does that.

Invocation while on the legs can get you out of the circle during a leg burn, while incanters can be done without being stationary....

It isn't a "fact" that incanter's is the best talent for garalon, but the majority would agree that it is.