Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    IMHO, i think they should remove all cc, and give it all to mages.

I do agree that CC is a bit out of control, specifically all the mindless aoe CC flying around. Most classes probably have one or two too many CCs at their disposal. But a lot of these complaints are about mechanics that have been in the game since vanilla

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swineflew View Post
    I remember when they said that CC wasn't fun and they didn't like it because people don't have fun when they can't control their character.
    Was this around the time they nerfed hungering cold? Only to give it to paladins in MoP....
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Was this around the time they nerfed hungering cold? Only to give it to paladins in MoP....
    longer cooldown on blinding light than on hungering cold.

though i DO sometimes have my dk spec gorfiend's grasp and grip an entire team into my blinding lights for funz.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i think devs don't actually pvp.
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    AoE CC needs to go, or at least not be instant.

Shadow Priest | Frost Mage | Resto Druid |

CC

AOE Fear
    Range Disarm Fear
    Ring of Frost x3
    Sheep
    Deep Freeze
    Frost Nova
    Entangle Roots
    Bear Charge
    Cyclone

If you manage to get thru all this; and do some damage.

mage iceblock x3
    focus druid, druid iceblock; shadow priest life swap with druid while druid is iceblocked, shadow preist now dispersion. reset fight. ur healing in another full chain of cc. dead.

yep if theres 2+ people on you, you cant move
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Deleted
    The question is do Blizzard try something else but arena when it comes to pvp? Cause in the train capture BG the AOE fear you get is insane and that makes me want to blacklist this BG cause its freaking unplayable.

Too bad SOTA and Isle is blacklisted.

pve, they know what they're doing.

pvp, they suck ballz and keep making bad decisions cause they suck ballz and don't have the skillz necessary to balance.

me personally, i'd like to see all cc assigned into 4 categories and have them all share DR in their respect categories:

1. complete loss of control: stuns, fears, cyclone
    2. movement impairing: too many skills to list, everything that slows or dazes you
    3. cc that breaks instantly on damage: blinds, saps, etc
    4. disruptions to primary abilities: silence, interrupts, disarms, etc

if they did this, they can add as many cc's as they want. the DR will balance it. instead, they just keep on herpderp'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by r3as0n View Post

CC

AOE Fear
    Range Disarm Fear
    Ring of Frost x3
    Sheep
    Deep Freeze
    Frost Nova
    Entangle Roots
    Bear Charge
    Cyclone.
    You missed Counterspell, Silence, Psyfiend if specced and Druid stun (or druid blind).

OT: To all the people asking for a global DR to CCs, or more CCs in the same DRs, it wouldn't work. Some classes would then bring no CC at all, why would you ever want a warrior, druid, paladin, priest, shaman?

You'd just one a class with a spammable CC, like mage poly or lock fear. And switches wouldn't be able to be done either. The reason some comps are so strong is because you can CC the healer, force trinkets, then swap the healer and fearbomb the DPS. If DR is global then the dps would immune to fear because of stuns or w/e.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2012-11-02 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    First off

though i DO sometimes have my dk spec gorfiend's grasp and grip an entire team into my blinding lights for funz.
    Hahahahaha, classic

CC

AOE Fear
    Range Disarm Fear
    Ring of Frost x3
    Sheep
    Deep Freeze
    Frost Nova
    Entangle Roots
    Bear Charge
    Cyclone

If you manage to get thru all this; and do some damage.

mage iceblock x3
    focus druid, druid iceblock; shadow priest life swap with druid while druid is iceblocked, shadow preist now dispersion. reset fight. ur healing in another full chain of cc. dead.
    Godcomp is Godcomp for a reason :P

me personally, i'd like to see all cc assigned into 4 categories and have them all share DR in their respect categories:

1. complete loss of control: stuns, fears, cyclone
    2. movement impairing: too many skills to list, everything that slows or dazes you
    3. cc that breaks instantly on damage: blinds, saps, etc
    4. disruptions to primary abilities: silence, interrupts, disarms, etc
    Best. Idea. Ever. well, best WoW related idea ever :P
    Last edited by mmoc85f0c89d9f; 2012-11-02 at 11:30 AM. Reason: retarded hands

10+ Year Old Account
    They said many things.. many.

Deleted
    make all CC skillshots

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    I can have potentially up to 4 CC breakers in my bar and I still don't think it's enough

At least lots of other CCs can be avoided or interrupted... whoever came up with shit like Psyfiend needs to be sent to Libya.
    fiend's life is being dropped to 30k [i heard]..and cast time is confirmed to be longer, this makes it manageable. now if they make blood fear ~20% health cost and shockwave 3secs i'd be a happy clown.

15+ Year Old Account
    CC is a joke, just had a fight with a resto druid in TP's, he trinketed out of my HoJ, tried to cast Cyclone which i interrupted, he then bashed me, then cycloned me which i trinketed out of, he then typhooned me then cycloned me again and it went around and around like that until my CD's were down, then same again. If they are not hard to kill due to OP healing they seem to get endless CC's to use.

This game offers nothing now as PvP was a last resort to try and rekindle my relationship with this once great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    CC is a joke, just had a fight with a resto druid
    Why were you trying to solo kill a healer? If healers die to 1 person, how would 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 arena and RBGs work? Healers would just get globalled every time. Everyone would just run trip dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Why were you trying to solo kill a healer? If healers die to 1 person, how would 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 arena and RBGs work? Healers would just get globalled every time. Everyone would just run trip dps.
    I was trying to hassle him to stop healing mate. If i left him it would have made the loss alot harder.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When they announced that dispels were going to be on an 8 sec CD, I naturally thought great, this means that the amount of CC will decrease also. I mean, they said that they didn't want healers mindlessly spam dispelling everyone anymore because it takes no thought or skill.

Then the MoP pre-patch drops and I enter BG's only to find that they have increased the amount of CC that every class has. The trinket became virtually useless over night. I had things even worse on my feral druid, going from one CC to another. It was bad enough that I stopped PvP'ing on him within three days.

I haven't stepped into level 90 PvP on my Holy Pally as yet and am wondering whether it is even worth it.

They need it to be the way it was a couple expansions ago, which is not having 12 kinds of CC's on each class.