Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The thumb rule with IGNorance scores is that the bigger the publisher, the more you automatically drop the score (Can do later adjustements to them though).

EA/ATVI(Similiar scaled companies) are instant 3 points drop on biggest releases and 2 on others
    Microsoft (Any company on this tier) is 2 points drop
    Rest are 1.5
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    To be frank, I don't doubt it. Halo is special in the fact, that every game in the series is a masterpiece. ODST was an amazing game for 20 bucks.

Looking at the narrative trailers for H4, it looks astounding.

I agree on that Salandrin the Halo series is 1 of my favorite story lines and games to date but i also know the history of IGN and the fact nobody has gotten any good tries on Spartan Campaign yet. Beside those that have done the demo version of it on E3 or any other major game expo

No Tusk Club.

All you have to do is look at IGN's Dragon Age 2 review to see why I don't trust their scoring system.

Tbh after halo 3 being meh and supposedly being the last in the series i would expect this to be a flashy cashcow and i'm not interested in playing it

IGN gives Halo 4 a 9.8

Microsoft gives IGN 9.8 million worth in advertising.

I made that number up I don't know how much those ads are worth. That said, this game's been in development for a while so who knows? Maybe they actually are giving it plenty of TLC.

Deleted
    I don't understand why the Prometheans have human skulls? if anyone knows let me know in spoiler tags or pm me if its a big deal.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2012-11-01 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    many people will go for the "Paid for number" comment. I say this is too soon to give a score yet, I think halo 4 will get a good score. But IGN came way too soon with this one.
    IGN is about the least credible site out there, and yes they seem to be quite happy to be payed for their reviews. Halo 4 might be an awesome game but what IGN says about that is worth about the same as the dirt stuck to my sneakers.

Deleted
    So many people saying Ign is paid for reviews, but does anyone actually have any credible evidence or is this just based on opinions and imagination?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    So many people saying Ign is paid for reviews, but does anyone actually have any credible evidence or is this just based on opinions and imagination?
    Heres one reason besides it's just common sense it's a buyers market for game companies giving exclusives previews and shit to sites. You don't get special characters in games like ME3 for long if you start biting the hand feeding you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've a friend who works for destructiod, he often gets games early to test them, so he often gives me the "inside scoop" on if its any good or not ^_^

I hear bad bad things about the ending being a quick time event, which would utterly piss me right the fudge off.

Also, I wish the rating system was actually used like it is supposed to. It used to be where games with a 6-7+ were awesome and a 8-9 was rare. Now everything that isn't 9+ is considered crap by alot of people and 10's are given out way to often.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2012-11-01 at 11:26 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Well they've had Halo 4 ads running on their site for a long time, of course they won't give it a bad score. Same thing with every other game advertisement on a review site.
    Not any different then Blizzard paying PC/MMO-Gaming Sites to give there games higher scores as well. But then again I will probably get bashed as Blizzard is an angle and would never do anything like that right?

Well considering IGN is corrupt as fuck, this doesn't surprise me.

I'm sure Halo 4 will be a good game, but I mean, cmmon, It's IGN we're talking about here.

Deleted
    sounds good, but to be honest, I will never ever hear again on sources like that afte GW2, Swtor....and lot more

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    To be frank, I don't doubt it. Halo is special in the fact, that every game in the series is a masterpiece. ODST was an amazing game for 20 bucks.

Looking at the narrative trailers for H4, it looks astounding.
    I'm not sure if you are serious or sarcastic. If serious.. Wow.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Last I checked, no one in their right mind trusts or even cares what IGN has to say about a game.

My opinion is that I don't care what IGN gives the game, it could give it a -10 for all I care, I will be getting Halo 4 and I will enjoy the crap out of it, even if I was not a Halo fan or this was a game I do not like I could care less what IGN has to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I'm not sure if you are serious or sarcastic. If serious.. Wow.
    'Your opinion is different than mine. Allow me to mock you without even bothering to support my own.'
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    'Your opinion is different than mine. Allow me to mock you without even bothering to support my own.'
    Salandrin stated it as a fact, not an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    One could say you just did the same thing :O

If you enjoy the game, cool, just don't try to shove that down everyone's throat and I won't try to rip you a new sphincter.

I'd much rather go watch a video of someone doing a walkthrough, those normally aren't full of pants-on-headness that usually end up in video reviews.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Salandrin stated it as a fact, not an opinion.
    How they stated it is irrelevant. The bolded part that krethos referenced was specifically about Halo being a series filled with masterpieces - something he clearly disagreed with. He proceeded to mock them for holding them with such regard.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    One could say you just did the same thing :O

If you enjoy the game, cool, just don't try to shove that down everyone's throat and I won't try to rip you a new sphincter.

I'd much rather go watch a video of someone doing a walkthrough, those normally aren't full of pants-on-headness that usually end up in video reviews.
    I scolded someone for scolding someone for having a different opinion? And now you're scolding me for scolding someone for scolding someone for having a different opinion? Well, we should probably stop before we create an infinite loop.

Also, I think we have very different ideas of what it means to shove something down someone's throat.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!