Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    don't need cover mechanics if u have shields...lolz
    Cover mechanics are easier to play on pad. Nothing to do with shields which are just an increased health pool in the principle - just like in GoW.

Deleted
    Does halo 4 have cover mechanics (GoW)? If not - fuck it.
    Can't you just crouch behind a wall? :s

Are we all on the "IGN PAID REVIEW LOLOL" train again?

Because I mean, it's not like it's getting very high marks across the boards from pretty much every review site that's touched it so far or anything...

redit: I know, lolmetacritic, but

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews

And if you check out some of the sites that don't give numerical scores (Kotaku for example) as well as some smaller sites that don't make it onto Metacritic, you'll see that they are still heaping a good amount of praise on the game.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/...o-4/index.html

I don't look at any one review, especially not from IGN. Aggregate scores/reviews are usually a better indicator of the quality of a particular title. This game seems to be hitting all the marks with the critics.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the game is as good as they state. Though not a huge fan of Halo, it's nice to see a new developer just knock it out of the park.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    Can't you just crouch behind a wall? :s
    It's not a cover mechanic - that's crouching behind a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Halo isn't a 3rd person game, it's a first person shooter. It's not even a stealthy game or one that warrants any sort of use of cover other than to regain your shields for a moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm my thoughts on it are.... I haven't played the game, and none of you have, so you really have no basis on which to criticize IGN. What makes you think, that just because IGN gave it a 9.8, that it isn't a great game? This is Halo we are talking about. I'm not saying it's flawless, but it is one of the biggest franchises of all time. It's not like they gave Hello Kitty Island Adventure a 10. This is a series with a track record for being great. Is it truly great? I have no idea, but I certainly won't judge until I've played the game myself.

Holy fuck, it better not disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems people just want to hate on IGN. Just judge for yourself before saying IGN is wrong. Though you seem "LOLOLOL IGN GOT PAYED TO RATE X" Then Blizzard somehow gets involved O_o....

Passive aggressive and all sorts here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Uh.... A wall is cover. Cover isn't exclusive to the TPS/Ass glued to walls type of games.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

When Dtoid gives the game a 100/100. You know its fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Uh.... A wall is cover. Cover isn't exclusive to the TPS/Ass glued to walls type of games.
    Well, there's "cover based shooters" a la GoW/Deus Ex: HR with a proper cover mechanic, then there's "cover based shooters because it has regenning HP/shields that promotes hiding behind cover frequently" a la pretty much every modern military shooter and the whole Halo series. So I can see how there's confusion due to the term not being the most clearly defined term around : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well if all you want is all the 'official' reviews, then yes metacritic is fine. Else the user review is lawlsy.

Eh, watch videos of other people playing, make your decision if you haven't, and then buy the game and play it if you do. Review sites tend to give people hopes or expectations anyways that people will go. OMG IT MUST BE GOOD, and then there's the tendency to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well if all you want is all the 'official' reviews, then yes metacritic is fine. Else the user review is lawlsy.

Eh, watch videos of other people playing, make your decision if you haven't, and then buy the game and play it if you do. Review sites tend to give people hopes or expectations anyways that people will go. OMG IT MUST BE GOOD, and then there's the tendency to be disappointed.
    Hence why I brought up the review sites that don't get listed on metacritic because they're too small or don't give numerical reviews : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why I brought up the review sites that don't get listed on metacritic because they're too small or don't give numerical reviews : P
    I always find weird is the one with numerical gives great description for what's good no mention of anything bad, and then suddenly gets a 6 or 7. I AM CONFUSED... think Amnesia was one of it.
    Think it would be nice if all review sites just forgo the number, it doesn't seem necessary anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Also, I wish the rating system was actually used like it is supposed to. It used to be where games with a 6-7+ were awesome and a 8-9 was rare. Now everything that isn't 9+ is considered crap by alot of people and 10's are given out way to often.
    Go to Polygon.com. Reviews are generally good and you can see why they rated a game the way did (Their ethics statement: http://www.polygon.com/pages/ethics-statement).

Plus it is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    Go to Polygon.com. Reviews are generally good and you can see why they rated a game the way did (Their ethics statement: http://www.polygon.com/pages/ethics-statement).

Plus it is gorgeous!
    I really like how they handle reviews, big fan of the constant updates.

However, the front page layout...it makes my eyes bleed -_-

Deleted
    I really like how they handle reviews, big fan of the constant updates.

However, the front page layout...it makes my eyes bleed -_-
    I think the front page is awesome! Then again I work in the magazine industry and find most websites bland and boring ^.^ (also do up up down down left right left right B A from any page, or type in "cow is watching" in the search bar :P)

And on updates, they recently did their first review update in the form of NfS: Most Wanted on the Vita: http://www.polygon.com/game/need-for...nted-2012/2055

Anywho, that's going a bit off topic XD

Most sites have being giving Halo 4 a great review, and if you read them, they really do explain why it is a good game. To quote Arthur Gies (Polygon, ex Joystiq & IGN, and cohost of Rebel FM): 'Halo 4 is most like the original Halo, where the novelty and wonder of exploring something really alien and different is a key factor'.

+1 for Polygon, it's lovely having a well-written, nicely-presented game site with reviewing that doesn't compromise on quality or honesty. A 9.5/10 out of them means this game is definitely worth checking out.