Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every time one of the review sites issues a silly score, I'm reminded of the RVB PSA: Game On.

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Silly scores, and like others mentioned, there's score inflation going on.

Besides, what did people expect from crapsites like IGN? An honest look?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't even a single flaw listed in the review, which is ironic because by logic shouldn't it be "more of the same with a new label"? That's what most shooter sequels are like, Halo isn't any different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven´t played the game, 99% sure I never will.
    Does not actually surprise me that IGN gave it a 9.8... hell its IGN of all things, they will probably give Black Ops 2 9.5 or a 10... you will see.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    To be honest reviewing a game by giving it a score from 0-10 is stupid to begin with. You can't quantify how good a game is like that unless you have really specific criteria.
    I agree fully, I dislike scores as a whole but I realize that it isn't going away so I just want to champion the 0-5 scoring which I find less obnoxious ^^
    Scores are for people that don't care to read a full review, the what lies in the words not the number.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Haven´t played the game, 99% sure I never will.
    Does not actually surprise me that IGN gave it a 9.8... hell its IGN of all things, they will probably give Black Ops 2 9.5 or a 10... you will see.
    And what if black ops 2 is a 9.5?