Poll: Which spec is the best

10+ Year Old Account

Warrior DPS Discussion

I'm Posting here just as something to get opinions in, currently im using Noxxic as my guide which has been working fantasticly for me so far,
    im playing Fury as Dual 1 Handers, however noxxic uses Simulation craft, which measures out top dps and realistic DPS, the only problem im having reading that is due to a mixed amount of warriors who are dual wield 2 Handers or Arms who are beating me, according to simulation craft 1 Handers should over come Arms and 2 Handers in DPS by a few thousand DPS, i dont think its their gear due to having the same as me really
    Link To my Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asher/advanced
    Post whats working for you and if you have anything more accurate about diffrent warrior specs
    Cheers,
    WoW6000

The 1h are going to be better until TG has enough gear to have near 100% uptime on Raging Blow, I think. Some fights like Garalon, Arms is better for, too.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

SMF really shines when it comes to the execute phase. It would be interresting to compare the two sans execute in simcraft, and see if those results would make any sense. While execute dps is important, your raid group will thank you for not doing bad dps pre-20%.
    Another thing to take into account is that with TG you have a bigger stat budget, i.e. those stats will give you more dps.

Deleted
    Im arms at the moment and im pulling good numbers, but im going to switch to fury as soon as either starshatter or the 1hand weapon drops. Though im not sure whether i should go 1h or 2h fury. Id rather go whatever pulls more dps, but getting 1hands with 2 tanks who need them aswell seems rather ineffective. So i guess Ill go with 2x2H. Dont think the difference will be that huge.

I wouldn't say there is currently a dominant spec on the PvE side of warriors with our gear levels. Yes in BiS smf is currently simmed as the highest, but nobody has much if any of that gear. Fury needs a lot of crit and a decent amount of strength to beat out arms 100%.

As for OP: I'm not surprised you're being beat by other warriors. You're under hit cap, over expertise cap, and have a fairly low crit chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micromanftw View Post
    As for OP: I'm not surprised you're being beat by other warriors. You're under hit cap, over expertise cap, and have a fairly low crit chance.
    Thank you for pointing out the Expertise thing didn't think that would impact on me if i had 0.50% too much, and for the second with hit does 0.08% Really make that much diffrence, unless the Cap isn't 7.50% for Each i thought they were only small things to deal with, im changing my Exp now

Having played as an arms warrior for the majority of my WoW career, I switched to Fury and TG when I got my second Starshatter. I was skeptical at first, not sure if I would enjoy it as much as playing arms. So far, it has been really fun. My damage output has increased significantly.

Pro-Tip - Dont use Noxxic, especially for Warriors.

1H Fury > 2H Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Titan Grip fury and Arms. I was full of doubt about fury, but right now i got near 25% crit unbuff and it's more and more stable dps, i guess fury with outdamage arms with better gear/more crit, but personally i like arms more.

arms > fury atm for me, fury has higher burst potential but still feels irritatingly RNG at times, you can rage starve or find yourself with out RB even with decent crit levels, plus i hate so much dmg coming from execute and melee it jsut feels wrong. Arms feels more consistent and funner to play, dps may not be as high as fury but so far I havent seen a fury log beat any of my arms logs and the few that have only did so by a tiny margin possibly down to fury, especially 1h, having some pretty comedic rng at times during execute phase especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    The 1h are going to be better until TG has enough gear to have near 100% uptime on Raging Blow, I think. Some fights like Garalon, Arms is better for, too.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Fury_Warrior/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Arms_Warrior/

Fury is doing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW6000 View Post
    with hit does 0.08% Really make that much diffrence
    Think of hit capping like this: if you miss even a single execute during the fight, that's hundreds of thousands of damage lost. Even a missed MS or BT sets you back anywhere between 30k to well over 100k.

On the other hand, do you get hundreds of thousands of damage more with 0.08% of any other stat? Of course you don't. The potential losses when not hit capped even by a small margin outweigh the potential gains.

Thus, hit is the most important stat to cap first.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 11:27 AM ----------

When we think of damage dealing, we have to consider several factors:

1) How much raw damage is being dealt?
    -> These are the coveted DPS rankings in WoL.

2) Where is the damage being directed?
    -> Does the damage go where it's needed in right quantities? This is especially true on Garalon.*

3) How reliable is the damage?
    -> Here the difference between Arms and Fury is most glaring. Sure, the top Fury parses can be well ahead of their Arms counterparts but in actual combat situations it's quite rare to get such armadas of procs and crit streaks that push the top Fury parses to such heights. The Arms damage spread is more level across multiple attempts due to procs playing a less central role - you pretty much know what you're getting when you play right.

*On the subject of (10)Garalon, Arms and Fury:

Something people have to keep in mind is that while Fury can pull larger numbers dealing explosive burst to the legs, Arms in a similar situation can copy ~50% of it's own not-insignificant leg damage to the boss on top of the percentage dealt when a leg dies.

Fury ends up killing the legs faster - in many cases much faster than is necessary to keep up - but puts out less effective boss DPS, still potentially netting higher DPS numbers. Often warriors have been assigned to solo leg duty amplifying the effect.

Now, if the leg spawn rate wouldn't be on a fixed timer the situation would be different entirely.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-11-02 at 10:41 AM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

one thing to also remember when looking at logs, many more warriors are playing fury than arms, you will always see more variation and generally higher parses due to this, also with fury being pretty heavily rng atm you will see as a result a lot of lucky tries for a lot more players than arms could have.
    Also many logs are private so its hard to tell whats best, its pretty close atm and Id say play what your comfortable with as there isn't a huge margin at all that rng/bad play will effect more. Ive tried both specs and even with decent crit ratings i just hate the way fury plays and its constant reliance on that short windows every CS cd, my numbers as arms have been more than good enough to beat out other fury wars so atm its not a problem and it feels like by the time I get gear good enough for the difference between the two to really show, everything will be on farm anyway and it wont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkí View Post
    *On the subject of (10)Garalon, Arms and Fury:

Something people have to keep in mind is that while Fury can pull larger numbers dealing explosive burst to the legs, Arms in a similar situation can copy ~50% of it's own not-insignificant leg damage to the boss on top of the percentage dealt when a leg dies.

Fury ends up killing the legs faster - in many cases much faster than is necessary to keep up - but puts out less effective boss DPS, still potentially netting higher DPS numbers. Often warriors have been assigned to solo leg duty amplifying the effect.

Now, if the leg spawn rate wouldn't be on a fixed timer the situation would be different entirely.
    See now you have really confused me.

Are you aware the hp of each leg is exactly 3% of the bosses health?

So regardless if the dmg is done to the boss or the leg or both is irrelevant, w/e spec is doing more dmg is doing more effective boss dmg.

Unless you are suggesting the fury warriors are not switching to the boss when a leg dies.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Are you aware the hp of each leg is exactly 3% of the bosses health?

So regardless if the dmg is done to the boss or the leg or both is irrelevant, w/e spec is doing more dmg is doing more effective boss dmg.

Unless you are suggesting the fury warriors are not switching to the boss when a leg dies.
    Your confusion seems to be caused by a slight misunderstanding of encounter mechanics.
    Damaging the legs does not directly damage the boss. Killing a leg does.

Thus, a fury warrior during a leg switch deals [leg's hp] + [3% of boss' hp when the leg dies].
    An arms warrior sweeping from the leg to the boss deals [leg's hp] + [50% of leg damage to boss] + [3% of boss' hp when the leg dies].

Also, it's good to keep in mind that the Weak Points (+100% dmg) buff only applies to killing legs. This means that an arms warrior directly nuking the boss and another sweeping from the leg to the boss deal approximately the same damage to the boss. The only thing the sweeping warrior misses from his boss damage is his white damage.

So, while both specs end up killing the leg and causing the flat 3% of boss' hp in damage, fury has clear downtime on the boss when on leg duty while arms retains its boss damage while doing the job.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-11-06 at 07:03 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>