Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Krasarang Wild - Is the alliance winning in 5.1? ***maybe spoilers***

So im been playing the domination point questchain and the dailies on the ptr and it just seems domination point the horde hub for the dailies is constantly overun by alliance while lions landing doesnt seem to be even touched except for a few horde ships
    nearly every dailie seems to be repulsing alliance attacks and every alliance dailie is attacking domination point

it really seems the alliance is on the offensive in krasarang wild and that the horde is on the back foot

now i believe this is all leading up to garrosh acquiring the divine bell and going all fucking deathstar on the skyfire cause the skyfire is the hub for the alliance dalies and the source of alliance power in krasarang without that ship the alliance will be setback dramatically

so i guess the purpose of this thread how do you see this unfolding

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds great, I hope it's the case at the very least that the Alliance win something. As I've said I hoped for previously, I hope we see the Alliance gradually beating the Horde which is the catalyst for Garrosh doing something so off the wall everybody in the Horde takes a step back and realizes who they've been following (if they didn't already know he was bad). This seems to hint at if the Alliance may be winning.

Also the Varian voice files mentioned you and Anduin iirc claiming a big victory for the Alliance, of which according to very recent files to the PTR indicate that we directly confront Garrosh with Anduin rather than just watching him do it - http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32401.

I've been seeing a lot about the Horde Pandaria via videos and pictures, but I've yet to see some real content involving Anduin which seems to be who may be the focus of 5.1 (Along with Varian ofc).
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-01 at 02:42 PM.

Garrosh gets the Divine Bell but Anduin either destroys the Mogu's Mallet or uses the Celestial's Mallet on the Bell which is supposed to have a tone of perfect Harmony (or possibly both) which might be how he doesn't get killed by Garrosh. Vol'jin destroys the Mogu super-soldier machine or whatever it is he finds in Kun-Lai, so I'd say two major blows are dealt to Garrosh' efforts, despite initial gains. Not to mention the Blood Elves are teetering on the edge of leaving the Horde and the Darkspear are in full on rebellion with the aid of Thrall. This is extrapolation based on the few quests and sound files I've seen, but seems reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    they aren't. Its just like the Golden lotus dailies. everyday the sort of npc locations change.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is somewhat relevant.

How do you actually progress in the main story in 5.1, so far I have the Alliance base up and I get daily quests. Then Taylor tells me to go to the club and find this SI:7 agent, and then I get something in the mail telling me he will contact me "soon"

I assume the main story with Dalaran, Varian etc is gated by the daily quests ?

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    They might not even be complete, it is PTR after all

Makes sense---If Garrosh was winning with just 'his Horde' he wouldn't need to summon his superweapons. I imagine he is being worn down by Varian's forces, while being paranoid about a possible Horde rebellion (which OOC we know is happening).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    they aren't. Its just like the Golden lotus dailies. everyday the sort of npc locations change.
    Pretty much this. Some days, there'll be Alliance days that are only there so the Horde players get something different to do, every other day will be the 'canon' events where the Horde blazes through the Alliance ranks, killing every man woman and child without any effort and curing cancer.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then Taylor tells me to go to the club and find this SI:7 agent, and then I get something in the mail telling me he will contact me "soon"

Oh please somebody tell me that the Horde have a mirror of this quest.
    I will be so pissed off if the Horde get all of their leader story development across all of their quests chains whereas the Alliance has one that involves blooming fight club for one of those chains.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Makes sense---If Garrosh was winning with just 'his Horde' he wouldn't need to summon his superweapons. I imagine he is being worn down by Varian's forces, while being paranoid about a possible Horde rebellion (which OOC we know is happening).
    While trying to avoid the "horde bias"-debate, Garrosh has won little of anything without some form of superweapon, Stonetalon with the bomb (Though it wasn't intended by Garrosh), Ashenvale with "Enlisted non-horde help" (Saying what is a "Wolfheart"-spoiler), Theramore with the WoW-equivalent of a nuke, using a troll tribe to try and two-front Darkshore, the Forsaken plague-use in Gilneas and Southshore isn't sanctioned by Garrosh (Openly anyway) but still a "Victory by superweapon".
    Last edited by mysticx; 2012-11-01 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    While trying to avoid the "horde bias"-debate, Garrosh has won little of anything without some form of superweapon, Stonetalon with the bomb (Though it wasn't intended by Garrosh), Ashenvale with "Enlisted non-horde help" (Saying what is a "Wolfheart"-spoiler), Theramore with the WoW-equivalent of a nuke, using a troll tribe to try and two-front Darkshore, the Forsaken plague-use in Gilneas and Southshore isn't sanctioned by Garrosh (Openly anyway) but still a "Victory by superweapon".
    Victory is a Victory, it hardly means anything to the losing side if their families were wiped out by a nuke or by troops.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So im been playing the domination point questchain and the dailies on the ptr and it just seems domination point the horde hub for the dailies is constantly overun by alliance while lions landing doesnt seem to be even touched except for a few horde ships
    nearly every dailie seems to be repulsing alliance attacks and every alliance dailie is attacking domination point

it really seems the alliance is on the offensive in krasarang wild and that the horde is on the back foot

now i believe this is all leading up to garrosh acquiring the divine bell and going all fucking deathstar on the skyfire cause the skyfire is the hub for the alliance dalies and the source of alliance power in krasarang without that ship the alliance will be setback dramatically

so i guess the purpose of this thread how do you see this unfolding
    Or maybe it is just the opportunity for Vol'jin and his group to withdrwaw support and lead garrosh's group to suffer massive casualties, possibly even turning on them. Then Garrosh will retreat and he will make his last, desperate stand behind the gates of Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Oh please somebody tell me that the Horde have a mirror of this quest.
    I will be so pissed off if the Horde get all of their leader story development across all of their quests chains whereas the Alliance has one that involves blooming fight club for one of those chains.
    The only Horde side quests I have done is go to the Vale and speak to Garrosh in which he sends me to see how the blood elf excavation is going north of the zone. After that I have no got anything.

You do get prompted to complete some scenarios as the next part of both chains but they don't show up on the scenario list yet.

Where does the quest chain start? In Stormwind for Alliance and Org for Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Where does the quest chain start? In Stormwind for Alliance and Org for Horde?
    The whole thing starts when you log into the PTR. You should get a quest prompt to meet with a scout down on the beach of Krasarang. After you do some quests the Alliance and Horde fleet arrives which is when the bases are constructed.

From that you get the daily quests and then the main storyline after you do the first set of daily quests. It seems either that most of the story quests are not in yet or are gated by doing daily quests.

The whole thing starts when you log into the PTR. You should get a quest prompt to meet with a scout down on the beach of Krasarang. After you do some quests the Alliance and Horde fleet arrives which is when the bases are constructed.

From that you get the daily quests and then the main storyline after you do the first set of daily quests. It seems either that most of the story quests are not in yet or are gated by doing daily quests.
    Ah okay cool. I'll log into the PTR today. I'm glad it automatically pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Victory is a Victory, it hardly means anything to the losing side if their families were wiped out by a nuke or by troops.
    Not to the families of those who died, but the "Might of the horde", or the oft-mentioned "Strength and honour!" don't amount to much when their strength comes from trickery and their honour is lost in the mean time.

As well as that nasty (Yet nigh-inevitable) time that the tricks run out, then what?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only Horde side quests I have done is go to the Vale and speak to Garrosh in which he sends me to see how the blood elf excavation is going north of the zone. After that I have no got anything.
    My god if it does continue to be the case I'll be shooting steam out my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    As well as that nasty (Yet nigh-inevitable) time that the tricks run out, then what?
    The city of Orgrimmar becomes known as the ruins of Orgrimmar?

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The city of Orgrimmar becomes known as the ruins of Orgrimmar?
    Or the smoldering crater once known as Orgrimmar ;P