[Shadow] Haste elixir to reach haste cap?

Hey there!

With fully optimised gear, im stuck at around 7.4k haste, around 600 haste from the breakpoint.

Would it be better for me to use a haste elixir in order to reach the breakpoint, or just stick with the normal intellect flask?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Genu/advanced
    Last edited by Genu; 2012-11-01 at 07:04 PM.

Armory link will help a lot to figure that out

10+ Year Old Account
    No

Just No.

Don't be a baddie.

I remember thinking about this in cata. I gave our Spriest a few of them to test, and it was a DPS loss. The reason for this is that an Int elixer gives the same amount of stats as a haste elixer, and Int is more valuable, so you get more out of it. So I would actually suggest that you reforge away until you are just slightly over the closest break point, and go into whatever your next best stat is until you can reach the cap as haste looses value between break points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Why would you even consider this?
    {[( )]}

Haste elixir gives 750 haste, to 1k intellect. There aren't any good guardian elixirs. Gems give 320 haste to 160 intellect. You'd be better just gemming pure haste for it, but most people are saying that is a loss too.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    Haste elixir gives 750 haste, to 1k intellect. There aren't any good guardian elixirs. Gems give 320 haste to 160 intellect. You'd be better just gemming pure haste for it, but most people are saying that is a loss too.
    I just regemed out of almost pure haste the numbers were underwhelming. It got me to haste cap with also reforging Alch trink and brew trink (replaced with int trink) 2200 int. The value of haste seems a little high atm

Below 8085 Haste, the value of Haste can be more than half that of Intellect. That's why orange gems > red, but it's not worth doing if you lose more than 300 Intellect, so the answer is "No."

TL, DR: 1000 Int > 300 Int

So...is shadow your main spec, or are you a healer? Your gear is really messed up via the armory if you are MS shadow. You are almost 5% above the hit cap with some pure spirit gems and forging for mastery, but you have pure haste gems in some of your gear? It's really confusing what you are trying to do here. If you want us to help you by linking your armory, make sure you are logged in your correct gear please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    So...is shadow your main spec, or are you a healer? Your gear is really messed up via the armory if you are MS shadow. You are almost 5% above the hit cap with some pure spirit gems and forging for mastery, but you have pure haste gems in some of your gear? It's really confusing what you are trying to do here. If you want us to help you by linking your armory, make sure you are logged in your correct gear please.
    Yeah, atm I am offhealing on some fights, so my gear might be a bit strange. But I've got the answers already, so thanks anyways

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayr1fe View Post
    Below 8085 Haste, the value of Haste can be more than half that of Intellect. That's why orange gems > red, but it's not worth doing if you lose more than 300 Intellect, so the answer is "No."

TL, DR: 1000 Int > 300 Int
    Just wanted to quote this because it's a little misleading. If haste is worth more than half intellect then it makes no difference how much intellect you use if you're gaining more than double that in haste (ie, gems), the point of 300int as the PP value of gaining the 8085 point is that you can lose 300 PP (PP, not intellect) in achieving that bonus. In theory this means you could drop 300int to gain 300haste (if haste is 0.5 int), rather than 300int for 600haste (which is what you seem to imply)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually less that 250 PP

Deleted
    there's not many places you can really lose PP in obtaining it though assuming haste is >0.5pp under 8085. 250pp means you could potentially drop a 476 to a 463 if it means gaining haste - and that's still pushing it. Best option is just to go for max PP and you'll hit the cap soon enough anyway. Just keep simming your stat weights after every change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    there's not many places you can really lose PP in obtaining it though assuming haste is >0.5pp under 8085.
    It's not, it's about 0.44

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    It's not, it's about 0.44
    for you maybe :P i was getting 0.66 before i got to 8085. It's going to vary with gear - a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    No

Just No.

Don't be a baddie.
    Love how helpful and informative this post is.

Redsparrow did you sim that number with multiple or single targets? The highest I've gotten so far has been 0.51 and my average was 0.47