PvP not balanced around 1v1

I know this is the case - but why? I could be looking at it too simple but if it were balanced at 1v1 wouldn't it automatically be balanced at higher quantities as well?

There are synergies between certain classes and specs that would cause a team of x, y, and z to still be better than a team of a, b, and c, even if specs were balanced 1v1.

Also it's much much harder to balance 1v1 and not worth their effort since it means pretty much every class needs tools that counter the tools of every other class, and eventually everyone just needs to have everything. It's easier to balance around "someone will probably have a dispel on a team of 3" than it is to make EVERYONE have a dispel, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    There are synergies between certain classes and specs that would cause a team of x, y, and z to still be better than a team of a, b, and c, even if specs were balanced 1v1.

Also it's much much harder to balance 1v1 and not worth their effort since it means pretty much every class needs tools that counter the tools of every other class, and eventually everyone just needs to have everything. It's easier to balance around "someone will probably have a dispel on a team of 3" than it is to make EVERYONE have a dispel, for example.
    Then why do they (Blizzard) factor in 1v1 scenarios when they buff/nerf classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    Then why do they (Blizzard) factor in 1v1 scenarios when they buff/nerf classes?
    I'd guess they just do it when they are able to. It's about priorities: first is 3v3 balance. Then everything else including 1v1. If they can make a positive change for 1v1 which doesn't (or almost doesn't) negatively affect 3v3, then they'll probably do it.

Deleted
    PVP is not balanced around 1v1 unless you are a warrior/dk/hunter/spriest/fmage. If you're anything else, this game is balanced around 3v3, scrub!

Deleted
    Then if the game is not balanced for 1 vs 1 why does world pvp still exist ?

Cause in most of the encounters is 1 vs 1 ?

Either balance the game for 1vs1 or delete world pvp .

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    I know this is the case - but why? I could be looking at it too simple but if it were balanced at 1v1 wouldn't it automatically be balanced at higher quantities as well?
    That is true, having PvP balanced around 1v1 would indeed balance group PvP, the problem is time and know how, in order to balance PvP around 1v1 would be a massive undertaking of trial and error so most MMO's just save them selves the pain in the butt and balance PvP around group.

Also having PvP balanced around group helps to cater to the less skilled and creates the illusion that they are making a difference but in reallity only a select few and overpowered classes turn the tides of battle.

This is the reason Blizzard Adds so much CC to there PvP so that the less skilled feel skilled by doing so making really there only job to press that Stun button faster then the next person, If PvP would be balanced around 1v1 I'm willing to bet a good 90% of WoW PvP players would quit the game or do nothing but PvE, WoW's PvP system is build on instant glorification for many reasons but the main reason is to keep the players paying and by doing so they simplify the game's PvP for the masses.

In a nut shell WoW's PvP is designed with one thing in mind and that is to cater to todays massive population of people with ADHD.

P.S. keep away from the paint chips kids : )
    Last edited by warjin; 2012-11-01 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    1v1 would be pretty balanced if Blizzard bothered making all specs pvp viable (more or less) and nerfing fotms asap.

pvp is balanced around 5v5 arenas, it is rather sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Then if the game is not balanced for 1 vs 1 why does world pvp still exist ?

Cause in most of the encounters is 1 vs 1 ?

Either balance the game for 1vs1 or delete world pvp .
    It is? Most of my world pvp is 40 on 40 + 50 guards.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.