Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Oh look another jaylock thread, were he bashes on WoW.
    Feels new and interesting doesn't it.

Unless anyone has a Crystal ball, the sales figures are coming off the heels of Cataclysm's failings. So they certainly aren't abysmal, and the ratings for the game are good also. Anyone refuting that is just bitter and needs to take a hard long look at their perceptions and standards. The game will either pick up for a whileor die a very slow death, both of which are fine to me. nothing lasts forever but you should enjoy it while it does if you can. Now can we go talk about something other than the beaten rotting corpse that is this horse.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Not even comparable games. One is a strategy and one is an mmo. Sadly you dodnt get what Karizee said in his post.
    Oh I get exactly what he was saying, GW1 & GW2 are both MMOs, but he trying to make it seem like there both different games when they aren't there still the same concept -> MMOs. He trying to dodge a bullet & he wasn't fast anough. So I threw in my own twist, old games are better than new games even if there different concepts.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    why do people care so much about subscriber numbers?

when blizzard loses subscribers people use it to backup their argument that 'wow is dying' or 'X is wrong with wow' "obviously" because they lost subscribers.
    Or if they gain subscribers they will say "well they only gained subscribers because it's a new expansion but it didn't do as well as the last expasion because X sucks"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Oh I get exactly what he was saying, GW1 & GW2 are both MMOs, but he trying to make it seem like there both different games when they aren't there still the same concept -> MMOs. He trying to dodge a bullet & he wasn't fast anough. So I threw in my own twist, old games are better than new games even if there different concepts.
    GW 1 isint/wasnt an MMO but a CCORPG Competitve Cooperative Online Role Playing Game, and its VASTLY different from GW 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Oh look another jaylock thread, were he bashes on WoW.
    He is full of this, He has a crystal ball too.

Deleted
    WoW is 8years old and it still manages to sale more than most of the games on the market.
    Oh and you have to keep paying them every month too.
    Now it sells less than previous expansions and these threads keep popping up every goddamn day.

It was still 2.7million and over 10m active subs.
    Now go figure out those numbers in your head how much that actually turns in to money/profit.

It will be successfull with 300k digital/box sales and 200k active subs if it ever comes to that and it won't be dead with those numbers either.
    I guess people can't even comprahend how goddamn many people 2.7million is. Its seriously a sick number of people and yet some call it a failure expansion when it comes to sales...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    GW 1 isint/wasnt an MMO but a CCORPG Competitve Cooperative Online Role Playing Game, and its VASTLY different from GW 2.
    It was just marketed as that, but still was & apart of the MMORPG Genre = still a MMO.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    I'm still surprised Blizzard tries to pass off their "10 million" subscriber number as legit. The majority of those are Asian (Chinese) players that play for free.
    These threads are not complete until someone shows up to post this nonsense. The first thing I'm going to do when they build the first time machine is go back in time and bitch slap the first person who ever posted that ridiculously incorrect statement that years later is still being touted as fact. It's as bad as that "expansion timeline" that people still post about.

One thing is certain, they weren't very fast with the number this time around. I think they themselves aren't very pleased with the numbers.

Oh look another thread like this from Jaylock. What a shocker.

CLEARLY ITS A CONSPIRACY ON BLIZZARD'S PART TO MASK WHAT A FAILURE MOP IS.

You've discovered it! You can't go against the Matrix, they'll kill you!

RUN, HIDE! Don't speak until you know its safe. At all. Anywhere. Give it a good year or two.

Just looking out for your safety.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-11-02 at 09:18 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Common people, you know, we all know, WoW is dead ! Only 2.7 million sales on first week? Thats nothing ! Last time there was more than 10 million subs? Pff, its dying. I bet at the next quarter call they will announce the serves' shutdown !
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    This Jaylock isn't really popular around here is he ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    why do people care so much about subscriber numbers?

when blizzard loses subscribers people use it to backup their argument that 'wow is dying' or 'X is wrong with wow' "obviously" because they lost subscribers.
    Or if they gain subscribers they will say "well they only gained subscribers because it's a new expansion but it didn't do as well as the last expasion because X sucks"
    9 out of 10 people/posters, that fall into this,"hates WoW" category are just very disapointed in the direction of the game and would like to see a return to the time of it being amazing.

The hard cutoff of new players and growth was ToC, that trend is just getting worse and worse, but there is still no common consensus; just random noise and blame/excuses, being thrown around.

WoW is like the golden goose, running around with it's head cut off and that's a pretty disturbing thing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I have never seen jaylock make a thread that wasn't biased, often badly informed and just erring on the safe side of an infraction for deliberate flamebaiting.

Then he acts all innocent like he can't imagine why people have such a low opinion of his threads
    My thoughts exactly. Jaylock, we already got it long time ago, you want to see WoW dead and you try to predict its doom in every thread.
    Back to topic, sales aren't impressive, but i personally don't care, i don't own Activision shares. I just try and enjoy the game i spent money on. Each expansion has things i love and things i hate, but this doesn't mean Wow is dying, sky is falling.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2012-11-02 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's unusual to call a game that has managed to dominate its market segment for eight years a 'fad' exactly. And it's certainly not the only game on the planet where people like to see big numbers or where company board members like to see big sales.
    When a game culture is introduced into the main stream and vice-versa, it's a fad. Complete with Mr. T haircuts and Chuck Norris. Blizzard rides trends more than keeping to any storyline or lore (and the storyline reads more like a "Who shot J.R.?" tv plot, that's rewritten into a dream in another expansion...etc).

Yes, a fad.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    When do sales even matter? as long as your having fun you don't care!

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Five days after GW2 headstart launch, they halted sales so that high player concurrency would not compromise player's experiences.

They did not have a 9 million current customer base to sell to and they did no advertising.

Compare that to World of Warcraft's launch at 700k in sales.

Carry on!
    GW2 sold well and is by all accounts a decent game that isn't going to sink without trace but the numbers don't lie and no amount of post-hoc rationalisation is going to make it more financially successful than WoW.

Deleted
    Not sure, but atleast over 9000!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yet they celebrated and treated it as a success, cuz it was.

They're above 10 million subscribers yet again.

Also, WoW's showing its age. People just don't wanna play anymore cuz they've given this game, what, almost 8 years of their life to it?

I don't really see the big deal.

Millions of sales, 10 million+ subscribers.

What's the issue.
    I agree, yeah sure maybe they sold less than last time but what other MMO can say they sold that many in a week? Very few or none imo.

Deleted
    *Stops stopwatch* That's what.. About 17hrs and two minutes and the thread has already descended into the garbage game vs game debate.

Great job folks, keep up that devolution!
    Last edited by mmocd12d3b42be; 2012-11-02 at 11:09 AM.