Poll: Should WW mastery be changed?

WW Mastery: Do you like it?

I do not like the way it fits in to the rotation. I feel it causes me to energy cap at times, and provides me with more Blackout Kicks than I have the GCDs for, especially during Energizing Brew and Bloodlust. When not in a high energy regen phase it fits in a bit better but as we get more gear, meaning more haste and energy regen as well as more mastery that we wont always be able to reforge out of I am worried that energy capping during mastery procs will be almost completely unavoidable at certain times.

I feel the best solution to this would be to change our mastery completely. I a few ideas currently on what I might like to see as a "new" mastery.

Tiger Power - Mastery could be applied to Tiger Power buff to increase armor penetration with more mastery. This might not be the best idea because a repeat of armor penetration stacking might be a bad thing in PvP.

Tiger Strikes - Mastery here could either increase the chance to proc it, or possibly just increase the damage done by the procs. The problem with an increase to proc chance is procs could overlap each other at higher mastery values.

Blackout Kick (DoT) - Mastery could increase the dmg done by BoK's dot portion. A little more boring than the other two but I am not a big fan of the current state of mastery so I would take it.

If you have more ideas on a new mastery I would love to hear them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up, you ask in the thread title if we like the mastery, I almost voted no, but your poll asks if it should be changed, in which case one would vote yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Just a heads up, you ask in the thread title if we like the mastery, I almost voted no, but your poll asks if it should be changed, in which case one would vote yes.
    Ah yes... probably didn't think that through.

If it is causing you to be energy cap, you might be doing something wrong.
    The proc equals to 1 GCD on average, 2 if TP and BoK both proc. You roughly get 10 energy back after hitting the proc'd spell due to energy regen.
    Personally, you shouldn't be hitting EB during bloodlust.
    I dont see us having capping issues with gear for at least another 2 tiers.

If blizz were to remove the current state of our mastery it might kill the fun factor/class for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysko View Post
    If it is causing you to be energy cap, you might be doing something wrong.
    The proc equals to 1 GCD on average, 2 if TP and BoK both proc. You roughly get 10 energy back after hitting the proc'd spell due to energy regen.
    Personally, you shouldn't be hitting EB during bloodlust.
    I dont see us having capping issues with gear for at least another 2 tiers.

If blizz were to remove the current state of our mastery it might kill the fun factor/class for me.
    Well im not going to say I play flawlessly but I cant be doing all that much wrong - I have some of the top logs for WW in 10 man ( http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/23...kings/players/ )

As far as your comment on EB during bloodlust I didn't mean the problem was when I use EB during bloodlust I meant it was when I EB and also some times during BL. I don't usually use EB during lust.

Deleted
    Revote! I said yes, vote no x) I think its a nice mastery use actually. Free blackout kick? That ain't bad

I am inclined to vote yes.

To begin with, I don't like that we have a cheap and lame version of the Frost DK mastery and Ret Pally mastery. The Monk Mastery is a completely uber lazy Mastery on Blizzard's part. For example, the Frost DK mastery basically negates and completely de-vaules the need for crit chance because of the rate in which it procs and the simple fact that it guarantees a critical hit. You really cant beat that how nice the proc rate is for their mastery. Free procs? Just hit the flashy buttons! Sound familiar? Same thing for the Ret Paladins, as well. They had moments where TV procs from Divine Purpose would chain proc so you could hit TV back to back several times, but CS/Judge would be up and you'd still have procs. The best policy would be to put them back on cooldown and keep using procs, but if you keep getting procs at full HP, how do you burn HP when you cant spend them bc of procs? It's the same principle. Monk mastery grants another proc of BOK or TP (*cough* DK Mastery *cough*), but get enough procs in a row, and you get max energy and you cant use the energy, especially if you're at full chi because it always uses procs first (*cough* Ret Mastery *cough*).

Catch 22.

@Allnu

Those aren't masteries for those specs, Killing Machine is a passive of Frost DKs and Divine Purpose is a talent for all paladins. Also, there's nothing that keeps you from burning RP as a DK because you get a Killing Machine proc, it just makes FS and Obliterate a crit (granted 2-hand Frost wants to use their KM procs on Obliterate, but that's getting too off-topic). The mastery for Frost is a % frost damage increase and the mastery for Ret Paladins is a % damage done as holy when using certain attacks. Divine Purpose was originally the Ret Mastery, but was changed to a passive of Ret back in Cata.

@OP

I like the mastery fine, but I'd prefer it be made a passive the way Divine Purpose was and have Windwalkers get a different mastery.

Doh. Havent touched the DK or Pally since the changes. Secondly, I guess Blizzard decided to give the mastries to the Monks, so they took it from the DK/Pallies and made it better through base abilities / talents. Gotcha.

Either way, Monks got the watered down lame version of what Ret/DK used to have.... a good parody song for DK/Ret Pallies could be made from that :P
    Last edited by Allnu; 2012-11-01 at 10:25 PM.

The name sure fits, as it really breaks up the rotation.

However it does often cause either long strings of no procs equalling to long strings of energy starvation, or long strings of several procs leading to energy abundance, and it's just frustrating.

It's an absolutely horrible mastery. A lot of things about the spec in general are absolutely horrible, though, so... whatever. At least they're fixing ramp up time by tiger power no longer requiring stacks.

I'm under the impression that the modeling shows it as being a horribly weak stat. So weak, that it seems 496 items with mastery/crit are worse than 489 items with hit/exp/haste.
    Last edited by Dirgon; 2012-11-01 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Mixed up ilvls

Yes, but tiger palm procs feel a little weak. They give you a free refresh of TPower, which in 5.1 won't be as big of a deal. Sparing 1 chi to refresh it just doesn't feel exciting enough to be an interesting proc.

I want to say make the other side give us a chance to proc an even harder hitting ability, one that really feels like a Falcon Punch you know? But RSK and BoK can already hit pretty hard and I imagine there would be worries about burst in PvP.
    Maybe a proc to make the next RSK free instead of TP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I wish I had read this statement before voting. These results could mean anything now..
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    I wish I had read this statement before voting. These results could mean anything now..
    Ya, I dun goofed on that

Deleted
    I didn't quite read it fully myself.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the free things throwing a wrench in the rotation. I don't have a problem with an RNG mastery though. If I could come up with a new one, I would rather have it be, like a random chance to go into a Super Sayian esque enlightened mode or something where WW would do perhaps idk 10 or 15% extra damage for X seconds, stack on duration not damage buff if it proced whilst it was still up.

Should have read this first, in that case -1 in Yes and +1 in No

Setting aside how poorly the mastery performs.
    Maybe if the class wasn't so global challenged I wouldn't mind it, but IMO it must be changed at some point. It's only going to get worse with gear.

In theory its an amazing mastery......in practice not so much.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore