Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Edit: This site is great for GW2 updates, and I do mean great. Check this out for the upcoming event teasers http://dulfy.net/2012/11/02/gw2-the-...ts-and-teaser/
    Very neat, thank you.

There's new content scheduled for december too. Is GW 2 going to have monthly updates?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    There's new content scheduled for december too. Is GW 2 going to have monthly updates?
    that's what they intend to do

10+ Year Old Account
    ill hold off eating my hat right now, still not convinced thiis content wasnt already or nearly ready at launch, but theses monthly updates are very nice. almost convinced they might live up to regular updates of decent quality. i honestly hope they do, might give blizz aa kick up the arse, not that gw2 will dent the sub base, just the effect that a b2p game can have better development says a lot. gratz.

Mr.negative strikes again!

Really c'mon now Dray, how can you be so sceptical about this?

I'd say that is positively glowing from Dray.

Deleted
    So I saw this poster over at the divingboard in LA and I haven't seen it before.
    http://i.imgur.com/UZZwL.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/DTpLx.jpg

a whole shitload of text but unfortunately I wasen't able to make a descent snapshot of it.

It also shows a picture of some sort of monster and a stick-figure running away from it

Mod Edit: Thumbnails, sweetie.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-04 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post

You have to excuse Draykoree for his cynicism, he's use to his game that is trickling out their launch content over months under the guise of being in the better interest of their players ....at a monthly fee of course ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    So I saw this poster over at the divingboard in LA and I haven't seen it before.

a whole shitload of text but unfortunately I wasen't able to make a descent snapshot of it.

It also shows a picture of some sort of monster and a stick-figure running away from it

That stick figure lol.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-11-04 at 10:07 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post

Am i the only one that's fairly baffledawrfed that this guy doesn't play an asura?

PS: I thought it meant giant crabs were trying to eat people but i didn't see any crabs... or giant anythings... but there WERE beached whales..

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Mr.negative strikes again!

I thought he was being very positive for dray...

@dray, why is it that your avatar makes me want to drop kick my monitor? It's only the avatar, most of your posts i don't have issues with (even though i may not agree with them) just your avatar...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope my new avatar is as palatable as my attempts to be positive :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That one does NOT make me want to drop kick my monitor =D!! YAY!!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

A lot of things are planned or in production before a game release. This new content is probably something they talked and worked on before launch but wasn't ready for launch.

This is a lot of the case in new mmo's. There was an interview for TSW where they have their plans a couple months ahead though everything wasn't ready with the exception of tokyo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    A lot of things are planned or in production before a game release. This new content is probably something they talked and worked on before launch but wasn't ready for launch.

This is a lot of the case in new mmo's. There was an interview for TSW where they have their plans a couple months ahead though everything wasn't ready with the exception of tokyo.
    Agreed.

Just because something comes out within a few months of launch doesn't mean it was ready to go at launch and held off as some conspiracy theory. Sometimes things really are just planned for down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I don't see how having a house would lead to anymore player retention than having a fully kitted out character. If you're tired of the game, you'll leave, house or no house.
    The reason why I think player housing is useless (unless it isn't in an instance) is that if the normal playing public can't see your house then what's the point in building it? Unless it is guild housing where hundreds can get in to see it, most will probably not invite people over to see how everything looks inside. There's a reason why people spend a lot of money prettying up the outside of their houses and making sure the grass is cut. I just think that ANet can use any dev resources for a better project.
    Housing in general has a massive appeal to a great deal of people, especially those who came to Guild Wars 2 either from the first game (and owning their own islands/guild halls), from games such as Ultima Online (or other housing games), or simply wanting something that is anti-wow in some way. On a personal level, I still have an active account of Ultima Online simply because of my large estate that I spent hundreds of millions of gold on (and thousands of hours) to build, decorate the way I want it, placing npcs to sell stuff or look like guards, my gardens and all the memories I formed there with friends. We had BBQs, tournaments, pool parties, etc. that we still do to this day simply out of nostalgia.

But I digress, as was mentioned before Housing is perhaps one of the highest revenue generators that could possibly exist for a game that has a cash shop. That alone makes it worthy from a business stand point, not to mention that many other prime MMOs are promising it (FFXIV 2.0, Rift, Wildstar, EQNext, Archage, etc.). Though it also has many opportunities other than simply having a house such as creating new professions in carpentry and tinkering and refreshing the market in various ways that are only limited by the imagination.

If implemented in a brilliant way, it could offer years of content and even allow for people to create entire new areas suited to whatever their needs are for themselves, their friends and their guild. It may even be as such to complete strangers if done in a way where others could easily gaze upon your hard work. When considering improving LFG (when getting groups is easy as it is for my guild and I) to the potential and outstanding benefits of housing (there could even be a new tab for it or guild islands for a guild to manage) it simply blows the need for FLG fixing out of the water in terms of usefulness to current players, while attracting waves of new players on the sandbox crave (that is not to discredit ease of access, as that helps people who are too lazy or have little time and no guild/friends to draw from).

When it comes to dungeons, I'm done whenever I got that piece that I've wanted simply because the way they are set up in GW2. Though Housing is something that I personally would work on for hours a day if the game allowed it, always seeking new items or working on new professions to create a bear rug or a chair or bed for my house or a friend's house. However, I'm not sure Arenanet could produce a masterpiece in this fashion, as they don't even have chairs that you can sit in that have been pivotal for my friends and I in ultima online when having dinner together and playing board games inside of the game. In that light, it may be very true that their time is best spent elsewhere, as a subpar implementation is quite useless compared to an ease of access tool.

Anything that is built on and relies upon the imagination of the creator and the player is something that has infinite potential. It's just so costly to make such a thing, that games that oft promise housing "after the game is released" tend never to get it out the door simply because it would never be as good as the other content they released in the mean time, the schedule players expect of them after the first few patches, and the responsibility they have to meet it so the people that stayed get what they stay for instead of shaking their head at something new that more than half of them would never give the chance it deserves.
    To deny something outright is to show a lack of imagination. Everything can be successful. Adaptation and innovation.

To say "nobody wants this" is to show how closed minded one can truly be. Think outside the box and reveal an intelligent person.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Agreed.

Just because something comes out within a few months of launch doesn't mean it was ready to go at launch and held off as some conspiracy theory. Sometimes things really are just planned for down the line.
    It probably might of, could of, been released sooner however Anet has priority's like stabilizing the game after the first couple months and its finalizing just got pushed back. Not to mention their first content update was planned for Halloween anyway since a separate team works on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It probably might of, could of, been released sooner however Anet has priority's like stabilizing the game after the first couple months and its finalizing just got pushed back. Not to mention their first content update was planned for Halloween anyway since a separate team works on that.
    Not an issue for me when it was produced, my initial thought is that these are 2 very good patches, with quite a bit of content but that that content may well have already been ready for release so will they be able to continue the trend of 'big' content patches or will next october be a re-release of this years Halloween event with a few new quests chucked in. It really doesnt bother me that companies hold on to premade content for after release as long as the existing content is satisfactory and they continue the trend, nothing is worse than a rotten patch like 4.1...

Oh and if this game had housing, i'd be back in a jiffy, getting my house in ultima online was a great moment in my mmo history.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-11-05 at 07:29 AM.