Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    LFG improvents will improve the quality of life for players by allowing them.to more effectively find, make and manage groups.

Player housing is........ about as useful as your home instance. 'The Salma District? Oh yeah... I live there'

Im surprised anyone would compare the two.

Re content, pretty excited in seeing some new high level zones. I dont dislike being downlevelled.for lowbie content... But I want the chance to cut loose and really display my power every now and again. Might be fun to see some more underwater content. I haven't had to for weeks.
    Who said I was comparing the two? Stating the fact neither are in development.

Eh? I thought the home instance and Hall of Monuments WAS their form of player housing.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Hall of Monuments is a major "no", but really at this point you could move the HoM vendor to the middle of your Home Instance, have him be a living member of your race instead, and it would lose absolutely nothing of value.

I would love to go back to the Eye of the North one day, just to pick up the pieces from what was left behind. Those ruins, it's like my first impressions on Ashford. To the Fields of Ruin. So many feelings to be had, that it's just... I don't know. Feels.

...words.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Hall of Monuments is a major "no", but really at this point you could move the HoM vendor to the middle of your Home Instance, have him be a living member of your race instead, and it would lose absolutely nothing of value.

I would love to go back to the Eye of the North one day, just to pick up the pieces from what was left behind. Those ruins, it's like my first impressions on Ashford. To the Fields of Ruin. So many feelings to be had, that it's just... I don't know. Feels.

...words.
    Well, I have no idea how Hall of Monuments actually works since I never had Eye of the North, but from the two or so things I read about it back in 2010 made me think it would be player housing or related to it.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    LFG improvents will improve the quality of life for players by allowing them.to more effectively find, make and manage groups.

Player housing is........ about as useful as your home instance. 'The Salma District? Oh yeah... I live there'

Im surprised anyone would compare the two.

Re content, pretty excited in seeing some new high level zones. I dont dislike being downlevelled.for lowbie content... But I want the chance to cut loose and really display my power every now and again. Might be fun to see some more underwater content. I haven't had to for weeks.
    You're surprised that people have different priorities than yourself? That's a slightly narrow way of thinking. There are people who will get slim to no benefit from updated LFG tools but are very much looking forward to player housing eventually being in the game. It being slightly easier to recruit one person to my almost full group when it already generally takes no time isn't very important to me, while I have always considered player housing to be an interesting feature in MMOs that kind of fell off the face of the earth, rarely ever put into big games anymore.

"How dare you mention the two of them in the same breath!", le sigh.

Deleted
    I want something like Rifts Dimensions in Guild Wars 2....

One can dream...

Yea, housing would mean a lot more to me than LFG. Groups are not really needed for anything except dungeons. Anet's style of dungeons are not appealing to me, nor why I play GW2.

But casual fun stuff like housing, exploring, dress up? Gusta.

There's a reason I've completed every jumping puzzle but not every dungeon path. Hint, it's not because I tried and failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You're surprised that people have different priorities than yourself? That's a slightly narrow way of thinking. There are people who will get slim to no benefit from updated LFG tools but are very much looking forward to player housing eventually being in the game. It being slightly easier to recruit one person to my almost full group when it already generally takes no time isn't very important to me, while I have always considered player housing to be an interesting feature in MMOs that kind of fell off the face of the earth, rarely ever put into big games anymore.

"How dare you mention the two of them in the same breath!", le sigh.
    I'm with the "player housing is useless" crowd. I'd much rather have LFG tool. The only way that player housing would be useful is if the houses were not in an instance and in the "real" world. If not, it's just a waste of time. I'd think that is something that is towards the bottom of ANet's list.

For Housing are you talking like Guild Halls?

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I'm with the "player housing is useless" crowd. I'd much rather have LFG tool. The only way that player housing would be useful is if the houses were not in an instance and in the "real" world. If not, it's just a waste of time. I'd think that is something that is towards the bottom of ANet's list.
    Well, player housing adds longevity, gold sinks and has HUGE player retention. Because people are unwilling to walk away from a game where they invest a lot in their virtual house. It also opens up one of the most profitable cash shop avenues short of pets & mounts.

Having housing in the open world of millions of players is typically unfeasible. So to ask that is both moot and foolhardy in the majority of modern MMO. Esp. contiguous world MMOs [GW2 is not such].

However. Why would houses need to be in the open world? It's easy to have a simple system that allows one to invite others to your house, browse other player houses, see top rated homes, etc. Many Asian MMOs have been doing this for years- I know firsthand, I worked for one such publisher.

Stuff like this in Guild Wars 2:

Would be jaw dropping for many players.

LFG is likely to come first simply because its cheaper to add a match making system than a full blown sandbox for house building. One is expensive the other is cheap. Figure it out from there if you were the dev.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    2 Weeks for the new patch:
    -A progressively harder dungeon the further you get with new rewards.
    Thats fantastic! I just hope they dont implement some sort of "classic mmo rgn loot system" in the dungeons but keep the token system. Put harder stuff for best equip is ok but in the actual scenario (vendors for each istance where to buy armors/weapons with tokens you get when istance is complete!).

Deleted

After awesome halloween event, more new content coming already!

I think most of us can agree that Halloween was awesome, by far the best MMO event I have ever seen. I normally don't really care about these things but the halloween stuff was crazy. And I don't mean the zergy events dungeon inside the mad king labyrinth.

The really good stuff was the 2 new PVP minigames, both of which took a little while to learn, but once you got it, both were incredibly fun. My personal favourite was without a doubt the "Left4Dead villagers vs ghosts" game. I am really sad to not be able to play that today

In any case, Pokket made a good video with an open discussion on what is coming next.

The answer is: loads. Spectator mode and other esports enhancements for PVP.

New dungeon, new area on the map, and some other stuff between now and 15 November, in two weeks!

Lots more, watch the vid:

And here is a list of stuff from the video:

The November Update will be much bigger than the Halloween Update. This is just the start of the beginning.
    Teasers for the November Update (i.e. events) may show up as early as today

PvE

Wintersday confirmed for December.
    November weekend one time event that'll change the world and introduce the new island map. (See the Lost Shores here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...november-2012/)
    On the new map... a new dungeon! Really big, gets harder to farther you get in
    The new island is not a full-sized map, it's a medium small map that will play out a storyline. Not intended for big end-game expansion. Island is meant for more fun content. The Dungeon is meant to be added to expand end-game.
    New rewards not seen before will be available on island.
    They will be adding lots of things to do (they want a good variety) at max level so you can log in and say "Oh I feel like doing X, Y, and Z today)
    Dungeon rewards are being actively worked on right now, and are also trying to make dungeons more fun to play.

Guilds

They are not actively working on Guild Halls, but they will keep this promise and it will come sometime down the line.
    They are not working on housing right now, but they love housing and think it's fun.

sPvP

New sPvP map to be put in "beta" mode. Will be put in official tourney line-up if people like it.
    They are working on (in somewhat near future): more incentive awards beyond cosmetic (but he's not talking more about that right now), and other mandatory things for sPvP (I assume spectator, ladder, etc)
    They have an entire team dedicated to sPvP working on content.
    (Devpost on forum) A new sPvP Blog Post will come with the patch.

WvWvW

Not from interview, but Orbs will be removed

Other notes

Improve on messaging: getting word out to people (ex. notify people on events, etc)
    (From Devpost on forum): Next balance patch is mid-November
    They're constantly evaluating sPvP, WvWvW, PvE to make sure they're rewarding and enough to do in the game.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2012-11-02 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New signs have been spotted around Lion's Arch. They read:

Danger:
    Enter at your own risk
    Lion's Arch authorities cannot be held responsible for missing / stolen / damaged / and/or devoured appendages, small children, dinghies. Fruit baskets, skritt, pumpkin flavored marshmallows, spoons, goofy hats, Ascalonian salads, pocket watches, earrings, in-laws, spirits of the wild, eye patches, war machines, seraph, rhubarb pies, mystical artifacts of unquestionable power, seeing eye squirrels and carp.

Avast!
    Ahoy all ye landlubbers!
    The hardworking members of the consortium are proud to announce the upcoming unveiling of your dream vacation! coming soon we will open the gate - the asura gate - connecting Lion's Arch to a veritable tropical paradise of magnificent proportions!

swim in the radiant waters!
    relax on the beach!
    dance the night away!
    Prepare to hoist your jolly roger and to embark on a most majestic adventure with your favorite band of salty dogs!
    Arr You Ready?

Warning
    Dangerous sea monsters
    Lion's Arch Authorities kindly remind all visitors that sea monsters have rendered our beaches unsafe for the general public. Should you choose to ignore this warning then upon your inevitable, grisly demise members of our local pirate population will insure the fair division of your remaining, worldly possessions. Despite your potential horrible end, find comfort in the knowledge that you will soon no longer care and that you will have made a generous contribution to those who, ironically, have more respect of the rules than you do.

Also spotted - new ships and dead whales on the beach.
    Valar morghulis

Oooh, can't wait to get home and see if anything is going on.

Lovely by ANet though, releasing content this fast and this good, i only see good things for the future now.

Hopefully we'll see those slated makeover items this coming patch. I've already gotten myself a little treasure trove of gems to turn back into gold once the patch hits.

Deleted
    ermahgerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    So much of this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    This times 25billion, I'm aqua man!! And I'm FREAKING ECSTATIC to see more water themed areas =D!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I really need to start playing again.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.