Deleted

Shadow: DI talent question

I probably missed something obvious, but I'm still not sure how DI behaves.

From what I understand, DI procs of Pain and resets CD of MB, right?

But I sometimes have a DI proc (shows with a yellow border in the ability bar and the wow aura pops up) but my MB cooldown IS NOT reset. Is there an ICD or something?

I'd be glad if someone could explain how it works for me. Tks!

I've personally reported this as a bug and no reply back yet. its not uncommon for MB to procc 3 times in a row and I can cast it straight away as intended. sometimes however it does as you report it, it shows as procc but doesnt reset the cooldown. Hoping this will get fixed soon assuming it is indeed a bug.

You two must be running with the Mind Spike glyph. What happens is if you cast 2 Mind Spikes, and DI procs, it will consume the MS glyph effect instead of consuming the DI proc. So you will have the proc with the MB lighten up but it will be on CD. That can happen quite often.

What is annoying though, is that because the WoW aura is still up, you won't see if DI procs AGAIN (refreshing the duration of the buff it gives you at the top of the screen) and actually resetting the CD. Unless you use a Power Aura to show when MB is off CD somewhere more visible on your screen but then, Blizzard could also just fix it by making it consuming the DI proc instead of using the MS glyph first

Quote Originally Posted by Damaros View Post
    You two must be running with the Mind Spike glyph. What happens is if you cast 2 Mind Spikes, and DI procs, it will consume the MS glyph effect instead of consuming the DI proc. So you will have the proc with the MB lighten up but it will be on CD. That can happen quite often.

What is annoying though, is that because the WoW aura is still up, you won't see if DI procs AGAIN (refreshing the duration of the buff it gives you at the top of the screen) and actually resetting the CD. Unless you use a Power Aura to show when MB is off CD somewhere more visible on your screen but then, Blizzard could also just fix it by making it consuming the DI proc instead of using the MS glyph first
    It makes sense when you put it like that, I do track my MB cd with forte and it does say its on CD after a double MS+MB. guess I just never put 2 and 2 together, thanks for explaining, I shall pay more attention next time!

I've noticed the same bug with DI. It's not from glyph of mindspike. It will light up and my addons indicate it's ready to use from a DI proc, but the cool down sometimes doesn't reset like it should. I've tested without even using mindspike.

2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Use an Aura for Mind Blast and choose "Action Usable" for the trigger.

Deleted
    When you get a proc you hear a shadowy sound, else you might aswell see if without auras on the bar as it re-flashes when it proccs again aswell..

There is also a bug with shadow word death. Occasionally on certain bosses, it doesn't refresh the CD if the target doesn't die.