Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah I was just coming back here to edit my post that I failed hard. As you stated i had it the other way around. Ty.

I was just wondering if you think Powershot could replace glaive toss, specifically as BM where Bestial Wrath and Power Shot cool downs line up and how that would affect this opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/arktem_wow/b/337722411

Nothing crazy. Just a simple video explaining how to open as a BM Hunter. If people really want a detailed guide on it I will definitely put more effort into it, but this was spur of the moment.

Let me know your thoughts/opinions.

EDIT: I know the beginning has a bit of sound issues, but it's fixed once I actually start talking about Hunters.
    Firstly, thanks a lot for this video, really helped me out big time with the opening sequence which I was struggling with for a while. I mapped out a plan similar to your's with google docs. Cheers for the help!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1MHZ4OFE#gid=0
    Last edited by Zync; 2012-11-10 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Stampede
    This does not work for me atm, sadly

No idea why. Should I not be spamming it?

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    This does not work for me atm, sadly

No idea why. Should I not be spamming it?
    No. With this macro you must wait until your previous cast is finished before pressing this macro. What happens is that Rapid Fire is off the GCD, but will still cause a GCD if you press it without the macro. If you spam this button before your previous cast completely finishes, the Rapid Fire will end up causing it's own GCD, and stampede will not be used at all. Like I said just wait until the previous cast is completely finished and it should work fine. A little practice and you'll have it down in no time.

Been trying to model this in SimC. Stuck on the readiness-KC-readiness bit. Anyone know how to tell SimC to cast two events simultaneously?

No. With this macro you must wait until your previous cast is finished before pressing this macro. What happens is that Rapid Fire is off the GCD, but will still cause a GCD if you press it without the macro. If you spam this button before your previous cast completely finishes, the Rapid Fire will end up causing it's own GCD, and stampede will not be used at all. Like I said just wait until the previous cast is completely finished and it should work fine. A little practice and you'll have it down in no time.
    Rapid Fire doesn't trigger a GCD, the reason why you can actually macro it with anything you want. The problem with such abilities that are off the GCD is that if you use an ability you have to wait for that GCD to end in order to actually use Rapid Fire, which I find completely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Rapid Fire doesn't trigger a GCD, the reason why you can actually macro it with anything you want. The problem with such abilities that are off the GCD is that if you use an ability you have to wait for that GCD to end in order to actually use Rapid Fire, which I find completely stupid.
    You're essentially saying what I said, only I am explaining why it happens. You're right that Rapid Fire doesn't have a GCD, but when used on it's own there is a short "GCD" due to latency. That's what causes this to happen.

You're essentially saying what I said, only I am explaining why it happens. You're right that Rapid Fire doesn't have a GCD, but when used on it's own there is a short "GCD" due to latency. That's what causes this to happen.
    No, you said that if you press Rapid Fire instead of the macro it will cause a GCD, which it doesn't. That pause you are talking about is a delay caused by the time it takes you finger to go from the Rapid Fire to the Stampede key, which is not a GCD.
    Last edited by stalkerzzzz; 2012-11-12 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    No, you said that if you press Rapid Fire instead of the macro it will cause a GCD, which it doesn't. That pauseyou are talking about is a delay caused by the time it takes you finger to go from the Rapid Fire to the Stampede key, which is not a GCD.
    Rapid Fire, when used in this Macro, does use a Small Latency GCD when used during a current GCD. I am not talking about two different keybinds here, but one single macro of Stampede/Rapid Fire together.

@discussion above: Rapid fire does not cost a GCD when cast, but is itself on the GCD! (cant be cast when the GCD is running) its as simple as that. (no mini-GCD or whatever)
    it's weird and quite exclusive. (normaly that off-GCD-stuff can also be cast during a GCD, as trinkets and interupts)

The video is quite nice and brings a few essential points everyone should take with them.
    1. get in KC range with Camo (how the hell didn't I come up with that one myself... theres always something to learn^^)
    2. dont pop BW instantly, we want trinketproccs
    3. Dont use Dire Beast or Stampede under BW, they do not profit from +dmg nor from reduced focus cost(haha) !!! This is a fact often not known (the one with the dmg)
    4. Readiness for a 3rd KC in the first BW

apart from that, I would also like to add my own cents:
    If you use aMoC instead of lynx rush, you may want to change your opener. use it straight after the first KC under BW. Then delay the start of Rapid Fire and cast it with the second KC under BW (as late as possible, directly before Readiness). Delay second BW by about 10sec, so that at the end of the second BW aMoC will run out and you can recast it under the last seconds of BW.
    The good thing about this opener is that you don't completly stack one Rapid Fire together with BW's, and that the 10sec pause in between BWs are hasted, to get focus back up, and refresh SS with CS (no recast ie no 25focus loss)
    the only thing RF+BW brings is more autoshots and petautoattacks, maybe 1 more bite. thats why I try to stagger haste CDs and BW.
    After the second BW, chances are high you can pop a full 5 stack FF, and after that cast second RF. this gives you nearly a whole minute affected by CD's.
    (delay FF/second RF if heroism is up)
    in a PvE environment we try to maximise damage, not burst in 20sec! (unless we get a temporal dmgbuff, then fuck sustained and go and burst the hell out of the place^^)

Why do you have no top WoL parses?

I'm almost 100% sure that serpent sting ticks don't trigger trinket procs. I just put up about 20 full duration serpent stings in a row on a training with both my trinkets off ICD (I monitor it with needtoknow) and the only time my trinkets ever procced was when I 1st applied the serpent sting and an auto shot fired at the same time.

So i'm thinking that serpent sting ticks can't actually proc trinkets and the rare occasions I do get trinket procs when putting up serpent sting are only happening because of the auto shot.

The trinkets I currently use are:
    Relic of Xuen
    Bottle of Infinite Stars (heroic)

Thanks for the video btw. I'm just tweaking it slightly but it's basically what i'm going to use although maybe without the serpent sting at the start. Will edit this with what I come up with later.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-11-13 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I'm almost 100% sure that serpent sting ticks don't trigger trinket procs. I just put up about 20 serpent stings in a row on a training with both my trinkets off ICD (I monitor it with needtoknow) and the only time my trinkets ever procced was when I 1st applied the serpent sting and an auto shot fired at the same time.

So i'm thinking that serpent sting ticks can't actually proc trinkets and the rare occasions I do get trinket procs when putting up serpent sting are only happening because of the auto shot.

Relic of Xuen
    I ran the same test yesterday and received exactly the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by friedrice821 View Post
    Why do you have no top WoL parses?
    My guild does not make our WoL public. Many top Hunters have no logs right now due to currently being in the middle of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I'm almost 100% sure that serpent sting ticks don't trigger trinket procs. I just put up about 20 full duration serpent stings in a row on a training with both my trinkets off ICD (I monitor it with needtoknow) and the only time my trinkets ever procced was when I 1st applied the serpent sting and an auto shot fired at the same time.

Relic of Xuen

Thanks for the video btw. I'm just tweaking it slightly but it's basically what i'm going to use although maybe without the serpent sting at the start. Will edit this with what I come up with later.
    Already talked to you about this, but he appears to be correct after some testing. Honestly, I didn't think to test SrS on the new trinkets as SrS has always procced trinkets in the past. The real question now is whether or not it procs your Scope. With that said the priority is still not lowered. SrS is still more Damage than an AS, assuming you refresh it before it expires. This video has quite a few problems with it, not including the SrS, and I am in the process of making the next video, much higher quality, that will fix all of these things. For now, here is a rough idea of the opener I am currently playing with.

-10 Set up Traps
    -5 MD
    -1 Prepot
    0 SrS
    +1 MoC
    +2 Stampede/Rapid Fire
    +3 KC/Cooldowns
    +4 Dire Beast
    +5 Glaive Toss
    +6 AS
    +7 CoS
    +8 CoS
    +9 KC
    Readiness
    +10 KC
    +11 DB
    +12 GT
    +13 CoS (Before your first RF expires)
    +14 AS/BW (First expires here)
    +15 AS
    +16 KC
    +17 AS
    +18 AS
    +19 AS
    +20 AS
    +21 AS
    +22 KC
    Once BW Expires, find a good place to pop your second Rapid Fire. By this point you should also have 5 stacks of Focus Fire, which can also be popped (Not with Rapid fire though)

Use your second Rapid fire to easily gain the focus cost for your second MoC, without losing any KC's.

You would be much better off opening srs>dire beast>stampede>cds/kc>moc>glaive toss>as spam.
    The way you have it now, you are forcing yourself to use 2 cobra shots by not using moc during bw with less focus cost when there is no need and thus reducing your opening damage by quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Truefire View Post
    You would be much better off opening srs>dire beast>stampede>cds/kc>moc>glaive toss>as spam.
    The way you have it now, you are forcing yourself to use 2 cobra shots by not using moc during bw with less focus cost when there is no need and thus reducing your opening damage by quite a bit.
    No. The faster you can get off MoC with it's 30 second duration the more it benefits from your prepot. Same goes for your stampede. I am not doing two CoB for Focus, I am doing them right before KC/Read/kc to max extend my original SrS so it doesn't drop off.

Using MoC during BW for the focus cost is a large waste as not only does it update dynamically, but you shouldn't be having any focus issues at the start even with the 60 focus cost. Even with this rotation I get back up to focus cap extremely fast, within 5 seconds. Due to Rapid Fire/DB both being up.

What it comes down to is maximizing your GCD usage inside of BW. Any Ability you can use outside of the initial BW and still get all of your cooldowns within the initial 25 second prepot is ideal. In this cast it all fits Perfectly.

Using 2 cobras during BW just to refresh SrS is a HUGE WASTE. You'd lose a lot less dps just manually re-applying srs.

Quote Originally Posted by Truefire View Post
    Using 2 cobras during BW just to refresh SrS is a HUGE WASTE. You'd lose a lot less dps just manually re-applying srs.
    How do you figure? Saying it's a waste does not make it so, unless you can provide some math to back that up, you're wrong.

SrS Hits for roughly 7k for me, per tick, with 14k Crits. Right there that is roughly equal damage, if not more, than a single AS for myself, 33k/ 70kcrit. I have 30% crit, so even if only 1 of those SrS crits, it still equates to more damage than a single AS. That's before you even factor in CoS, which is a 1 second cast because of Rapid Fire and averages 20k, 40k crits.

You are literally losing nothing, NOTHING, by using CoS during that opener. Only gaining.

Deleted
    Why don't you wait with you're DB untill you pop BW? Last time i checked it benefits from BW, same with aMoC.
    What do you think about this?

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=40/ Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, Dire Beast, Glaive Toss, A Murder of Crows, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Kill Command, Readiness, Kill Command, Dire Beast, Glaive Toss, Arcane Shot, Bestial Wrath, Serpent Sting

The whole opener ->

1. HM/MD
    2. Pre pot
    3. SrS + Orc racial
    4. RF + Stampede
    5. Spam the macro
    6. Throw KC when the macro is over and wait with the second RF untill BW expires

In this i get 3 KC's in the first BW and 2 in the second by delaying the second BW with 1 second.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2012-11-14 at 07:07 PM.