Poll: A fix to the daily grind options.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

A fix to the daily grind. "Personal Opinion"

Please read it all before bashing.

I agree that with the way current daily's is setup that they feel like a major grind and a must to do for those who want to max there toons out.
    So here is my idea on what can make things a bit better.

Option 1. Remove the Reputation Requirement from valor gear and to even that out remove valor as a reward from daily's

Option 2. Give Looking for raid/World Boss's 2 lockouts a week like tuseday/friday. so at lease there is little more choice into gearing and not just LFR once then grind daily's for 7 days then repeat. To even out the extra lockout make LFR a tad harder so each fight is not a AOE bomb and give a weekly cap of like 500-1k valor. With each boss giving 50 valor per kill 100 valor for a full 6/6 in the vaults ect...

Then if you decide to do daily's its for professions/pets/mounts

I personally feel if both of these was done players would be a lot more happy even if just one of them was done.

Feel free to give your though's also there will be poll

Edit: I did forget a fine as it is choice sorry about that if a mod wants to add it that would be great.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-02 at 01:41 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need to remove the valor from dailies that's fine. Just need to remove the rep from the gear. That's it. Dailies can still be rewarding, they just don't have to be THIS rewarding.

This should be a fun thread though.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I do agree that the only thing they should fix is remove rep requirement from the gear. Having valor from dailies gives it another alternative, but rep for gear is bad imo.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Don't need to remove the valor from dailies that's fine. Just need to remove the rep from the gear. That's it. Dailies can still be rewarding, they just don't have to be THIS rewarding.
    Ya i agree i said it like that so its more of a give and take kind of thing. you can get the gear but less choice's on where to get valor aka only world boss's and raids
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think boosting the VP reward a little per quest would be a better idea and require less changes overall. Adding 2 lockouts will just get people geared much too quickly and people are left without anything to do in raiding. Reputation on VP gear, while annoying isn't exactly that devastating and removing VP reward from quests will leave much less ways of obtaining VP considering the VP rewards aren't as big queuing for things like they were in Cata. Personally getting the required rep for gear gives you that sense of accomplishment that you're really dedicating yourself towards obtaining better gear, welcome to BC I guess?

Don't get me wrong, the ideas are nice and all but I feel they have some issues. BC had rep requirement gear so I don't see why it's any different now.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I think boosting the VP reward a little per quest would be a better idea and require less changes overall. Adding 2 lockouts will just get people geared much too quickly and people are left without anything to do in raiding. Reputation on VP gear, while annoying isn't exactly that devastating and removing VP reward from quests will leave much less ways of obtaining VP considering the VP rewards aren't as big queuing for things like they were in Cata. Personally getting the required rep for gear gives you that sense of accomplishment that you're really dedicating yourself towards obtaining better gear, welcome to BC I guess?
    well in BC you had rep from dungeons and rep from dailys you got a choice

If i though about it at the time i would have added rep from dungeons but personally i don't think gear should be tied to rep.

Deleted
    I kept saying for some time that they should remove rep requirement from valor gear. "Dailies are too rewarding" is probably a phrase I need to pick up. Blizzard does keep saying that when something is too rewarding it can feel mandatory - and that may convince them putting all eggs in the daily basket was a bad choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh we should get that out of the way right now. Rep grinding for factions with any pve progression was done in dungeons and not in dailies by and large in tbc. So for instance Lower City rep was granted in Auchindon and Sethhek Halls and Shadow labs. You would grind those dungeons well in excess of your need for gear from them (by and large) and then at revered ( reduced to honored ostensibly on the grounds that revered was to much grind for alts and players in general) buy heroic keys to run the heroic versions of those instance. In no way shape or form did dailies every enter the equation and much like in cataclysm rep grinding in TBC "double dipped" (a notion I disagree with at it's core) with your natural gear progression. Even in IQOD you could literally not do a single one and still reap the benefits. Dailies have NEVER had this much reward behind them and "double dipping" has been a part of this game going all the way back to TBC. For everyone saying it's like TBC, you honestly never played TBC.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-02 at 04:59 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    New lfr raids coming soon, the amount of vp from heroics and scenarios has also been slightly increased.
    Also, raidgear > valorgear, valor gear is for casual players that don't raid. So instead of putting effort in raiding, you put effort in doing quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    well in BC you had rep from dungeons and rep from dailys you got a choice

If i though about it at the time i would have added rep from dungeons but personally i don't think gear should be tied to rep.
    I agree that they should have added rep given when doing dungeons, it would keep the raiders doing Dungeon Finder more often, rather than ditching it once they no longer need anything. But the rep gains would stop once you hit Revered with the faction it was granting rep to, to prevent people from getting Exalted too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    New lfr raids coming soon, the amount of vp from heroics and scenarios has also been slightly increased.
    Also, raidgear > valorgear, valor gear is for casual players that don't raid. So instead of putting effort in raiding, you put effort in doing quests.
    If it really was raidgear > valorgear then top world guilds would not mess with it and some valorgear would not be BiS over LFR and maybe even normal mode raiding gear.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 01:45 AM ----------

I agree that they should have added rep given when doing dungeons, it would keep the raiders doing Dungeon Finder more often, rather than ditching it once they no longer need anything. But the rep gains would stop once you hit Revered with the faction it was granting rep to, to prevent people from getting Exalted too easily.
    I agree and the Revered to Exalted rep would come from daily's and i would be fine with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If it really was raidgear > valorgear then top world guilds would not mess with it and some valorgear would not be BiS over LFR and maybe even normal mode raiding gear.
    and furthermore to the point that leaves progression out side of the raid out in the cold by and large.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Oh we should get that out of the way right now. Rep grinding for factions with any pve progression was done in dungeons and not in dailies by and large in tbc. So for instance Lower City rep was granted in Auchindon and Sethhek Halls and Mana Tombs. You would grind those dungeons well in excess of your need for gear from them (by and large) and then at revered ( reduced to honored ostensibly on the grounds that revered was to much grind for alts and players in general) buy heroic keys to run the heroic versions of those instance. In no way shape or form did dailies every enter the equation and much like in cataclysm rep grinding in TBC "double dipped" (a notion I disagree with at it's core) with your natural gear progression. Even in IQOD you could literally not do a single one and still reap the benefits. Dailies have NEVER had this much reward behind them and "double dipping" has been a part of this game going all the way back to TBC. For everyone saying it's like TBC, you honestly never played TBC.
    Oh I played BC but I forgot some of the things that were in BC, the rep requirement on gear was in BC and I forgot that the instances themselves gave rep. Personally I think they should stick to one system and stop constantly changing their minds every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I played BC but I forgot some of the things that were in BC, the rep requirement on gear was in BC and I forgot that the instances themselves gave rep.
    Your not the only one don't worry. Every time someone brings it up I think the Alzheimers has kicked in and I can't remember a damn thing anymore and then I realize nope not so much. Double dipping has been a part of this game since at least TBC. The only time it hasn't existed and now im really stretching my memory but I don't recall vanilla having daily quests either. I remember timbermaw being farmed from killing the mobs but I can't remember if their was a daily quest or if it was just based on grinding out mobs or if their was a turn in. I must be getting old.
    The hammer comes down:

Oh I played BC but I forgot some of the things that were in BC, the rep requirement on gear was in BC and I forgot that the instances themselves gave rep. Personally I think they should stick to one system and stop constantly changing their minds every expansion.
    Couldn't agree more and a problem i think BC had with gear was that PVP gear was so easy to get back then and was just as good as most raid gear "at lease from what i remember". So people did that over rep gear sometimes.

Bring back Rep tabards.

That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Double reputation gain per quest. Remove the Revered bonus thingy.
    I'm fine with the dailies, but I can't help but feel a lack of motivation when they earn you such a measly amount per day per faction.

And rep tabards were one of the reasons people were locked in cities, hopefully those ain't returning.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-02 at 01:55 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I'm fine with the dailies, but I can't help but feel a lack of motivation when they earn you such a measly amount per day per faction.

And rep tabards were one of the reasons people were locked in cities, hopefully those ain't returning.
    But after this tier and people are past that point they will be relocked into the city again even more so with the brawers club "wows fight club" coming out

we already see many comments here and on the official forms and some ingame saying they are not leveling alts due to the rep grind

10+ Year Old Account

Would it help if I said that you chose to be locked into a city? Their were all kinds of dailies in Cata and yet....
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, Golden Lotus really depresses you when doing them, I stopped at revered because it was just too painful having to do the ENTIRE chain spanning between 3 total areas per day and this is coming from a guy with almost 60 Exalted reputations.