Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up How to Find Aeonaxx

How to Find Aeonaxx in Deepholm (Phosphorescent Drake)

Step 1) Go to Deepholm.

Step 2) Wait.

Step 3) Profit!

Jokes aside, pretty much the biggest deciding factor of getting a phosphorescent drake is patience. Most of the people flying around on their Time Lost Proto Drake or Phosphorescent Drake didn’t get it by chance. They did the research, and they planted their character in Deepholm for hours a day waiting with bated breath for NPCscan to go off.

When it comes down to it, this nothing more then a test of your endurance.

You’ll most likely not be camping alone. Alliance and Horde alike will be nearby, spamming emotes at you and trying to spam dots on you from floating rocks. They aren’t important. Eventually they will get bored and leave, while you, the sole protagonist will stay ever vigilant.

You can attempt to give yourself at a advantage by using addons like NPCscan and NPCscan’s overlay. Idle in a location where Aeonaxx is more likely to spawn so that there is less of a chance that someone will beat you to her when she does spawn. I will say though, that none of this advice will help you if you leave your character logged in while you go out to eat, or are not attentive to your WoW window. All the strategy in the world wont help you if you’re not there when she spawns.

There are even more resources at your disposal if you don’t want to sit and wait like some sort of plebeian. Check your realm’s forum for an Aeonaxx kill-time thread to get a good idea of her cycle on your server. Keep in mind that server resets do not factor into her spawn cycle.

The final most important piece of advice is as follows: PLAY IN WINDOWED MODE.

Thanks, but you're about 2 years too late...

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Thanks, but you're about 2 years too late...
    How do you figure? Especially with CRZ there are always people camping it. Even as I type this, /who Deepholm 85-90 lists 29 people.

I see your video and raise you http://aeonaxxresource.com/howto.html.
    Alot of information here regarding all the world rares

Holder of Psd, Tlpd, Poseidus and Camel-Hoarder
    This is the site i went read very carefully

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I see your video and raise you http://aeonaxxresource.com/howto.html.
    Alot of information here regarding all the world rares

Holder of Psd, Tlpd, Poseidus and Camel-Hoarder
    This is the site i went read very carefully
    Yes, I also am the proud owner of all of the rare world mounts (except Alani! 8/10!). The main problem I have with AeonaxxResource is that while there is a lot of information there, it isn't updated very frequently. Just staying up to date with your own realm forum can be amazingly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post

You’ll most likely not be camping alone. Alliance and Horde alike will be nearby, spamming emotes at you and trying to spam dots on you from floating rocks. They aren’t important. Eventually they will get bored and leave, while you, the sole protagonist will stay ever vigilant.
    I wish I read this before I spent 48 hours camping only to get killed by some Horde boomkin standing on a floating rock right as my npcscan went off. /qq

Yes, I also am the proud owner of all of the rare world mounts (except Alani! 8/10!). The main problem I have with AeonaxxResource is that while there is a lot of information there, it isn't updated very frequently. Just staying up to date with your own realm forum can be amazingly helpful.
    There's no need to update it since there's nothing new apart from the CRZ. Still hosts all the information you ever wanted to know. And there's always the forums for people's more recent stories/posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakySams View Post
    There's no need to update it since there's nothing new apart from the CRZ. Still hosts all the information you ever wanted to know. And there's always the forums for people's more recent stories/posts.
    I'm not too sure about that, I spent a lot of time looking for information that wasn't hosted there. But we can just agree to disagree . I put this together for people who didn't want to spend that time having to parse through walls of text just to get some very basic information.

Deleted
    Troll Topic Post? ^^ just go there after an expension especially in a summer before crz and you will easily get it :-P
    (i heard russians have less crz then others)

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    I didn't camp the TLPD, i just made a point to go check from time to time and eventually came across it. To each their own though.

10+ Year Old Account
    To date I have killed every rare that drops a mount in game. I would rather farm for Alani 10 times over then camp Aeonaxx again.

Aeonaxx for me was the hardest of all the rares to camp for. We have a love/hate relationship him and I. I camped at the very begining of Cata. I just lvl'd to 85 and went to sit in Deepholm until I had this mount. Little did I know it would take 2 months. Lost many hours sleep until I was almost insane, lost my raid spot, barley geared, and pi$$ed off my friends and family. Was it worth it? Not really. But it's the thrill of the hunt I enjoy most. I think I just had bad luck overall. Between a pvp server, and at least 10 other ppl camping every day with me, and then the 2 weeks it didn't spawn at all on my server...yeah, it was not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    To date I have killed every rare that drops a mount in game. I would rather farm for Alani 10 times over then camp Aeonaxx again.
    To each their own. Personally, farming for skyshards drove me mad. But while camping Aeonaxx I was free to play other games on my secondary computer, watch TV shows, read comics, or do whatever I wanted. Alani was just mindlessly AoEing mobs to death but it required constant attention. Aeonaxx might have taken me a long, long time but said time didn't feel like work.

I do like, though, that it felt genuinely exciting each time a skyshard popped up in the loot window.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    To each their own. Personally, farming for skyshards drove me mad. But while camping Aeonaxx I was free to play other games on my secondary computer, watch TV shows, read comics, or do whatever I wanted. Alani was just mindlessly AoEing mobs to death but it required constant attention. Aeonaxx might have taken me a long, long time but said time didn't feel like work.

I do like, though, that it felt genuinely exciting each time a skyshard popped up in the loot window.
    I'm on the fence about this. I spent an ungodly amount of time farming for Aeonaxx/TLPD, but the skyshards will most likely take longer just because of the nature of 0.01% drop items. Not to mention if you don't farm mobs, the time taken to gether 10 skyshards is outstandingly high.

Am i crazy or is that not the correct drake in the first screen still of the video... looks more like the greenish one thta drops in stonecore.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Am i crazy or is that not the correct drake in the first screen still of the video... looks more like the greenish one thta drops in stonecore.
    The colors got all screwed up for some reason during the render. It does look rather green.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aeonaxx does look like the stonecore drake. The mount that it drops does not. It's purple! <3

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 05:36 PM ----------

The skyshards are actully pretty easy to farm if you know which mobs to go for. Sure it's RNG, but who knows, you could be one of those lucky mo fo's that gets 1 or more an hour. On average you get 1 every 4 hours. (took me roughly 28 hours for all 10) Which equals about a week of camping for Aeonaxx.

Plus you make tons of gold farming the skyshards. I made like 7k from greens, 100 stacks of cloth, 70 spirits of Harmony (700 motes) 4-5 nice blues that sold for 2k each, and one epic ring that sold for 14k. You can craft items from the Spirits of Harmony, or trade them for 3xgolden lotus per, and sell those for $200 each.

Time-Lost Proto Drake: 4 days
    Poseideus: camped 4 of them with a friend took less then 6 hours for each one. We knew what day it spawned.
    Gray Camel: 2 weeks on and off camping an hour a day or so.
    Skyshards for Alani: 28 hours
    Aeonaxx: 2 months of nothing less then 12-16 hour days.

Pretty sure everyone already knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by KutooyaIllidan View Post
    Really useless post.
    Thanks, although I can't say yours is much better.

Deleted
    do it like I did.

Log on, Guildy screams that its up in guild chat, invites me, summons me down there and I nab it just before someone who had been camping it for days \o/
    Lucked out on that day for sure

Why would the site need to be updated frequently? It has all the information needed.