Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

does this game have to be made even simpler for dps?

just did a normal shado-pan monastery last fight dps was, we all level 87 about so I didn't outgear anyone or anything.

me - 24.5k dps - 56% damage done
    tank - -10k dps -
    elemental shaman - 4.5k dps
    destruction warlock -2.8k dps

as you can imagine it took ages, luckily we had a monk healer but was basically ooming big time

obviously people are leveling up but somehow still don't grasp how to do damage or anything, does more need to be explained by blizzard for noobs to wow?

I didn't say anything because I don't think it's up to me to tell people how to play their class but they can look forward to alot of /party kicks in future if they don't improve.

other people aren't as patient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    just did a normal shado-pan monastery last fight dps was, we all level 87 about so I didn't outgear anyone or anything.

me - 24.5k dps - 56% damage done
    tank - -10k dps -
    elemental shaman - 4.5k dps
    destruction warlock -2.8k dps

as you can imagine it took ages, luckily we had a monk healer but was basically ooming big time

obviously people are leveling up but somehow still don't grasp how to do damage or anything, does more need to be explained by blizzard for noobs to wow?

I didn't say anything because I don't think it's up to me to tell people how to play their class but they can look forward to alot of /party kicks in future if they don't improve.

other people aren't as patient.
    Lol that's not all of it, wait until you're 90, some dps still sit at 20k dps and my DK is constantly doing 50%+ of the group's overall damage.

Congratulations, you're awesome.

Deleted
    Always been like that for me, nothing new here :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the thread title was going to be "Does this game have to be made even simpler for dumbasses?" but its the same thing really.

No idea how a person can do that little damage. Are they afk 90% of the time or something?

didn't say anything because I don't think it's up to me to tell people how to play their class
    It's safe to say, that if they're doing WotLK-like DPS, they're playing their class wrong.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Those dps may be learning a new class : I don't see any dps having played its character from 1 to 87 having a dps this low. Maybe they got boosted to 80 with RAF or were playing on a friend accound.

Or your Recount was buggy.

Im not exactly this kind of player adapting fast to a new class gameplay. I need time to be used to an alt dps system. Still, I never saw numbers this low. My monk (RAFed from lvl 20 to 80) was doing around 25k dps at lvl 87 and I still had to grasp some mechanics to push the numbers up.

4k5 dps is what a very badly geared player was pumping out before reaching 85 in Cata…

2k8 dps is only possible with someone casting a spell every 10 sec (or worse if he is using dots). I can't see that happening unless you recount his completely off (or you're trolling)…

I saw those numbers at 90, except the 24k was me, the healer >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asta View Post
    I saw those numbers at 90, except the 24k was me, the healer >_>
    Yup, it's very real. To the guy saying Recount is bugged, it's not trust me I get a tonne of DPS doing below 30k everyday, with Wrath you were easily pulling 19-21k on Saurfang before 30% buff came around.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-11-02 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Congratulations, you're awesome.
    This!

Just needed to add this.

Is this thread here because everyone participating in it has been banned from the official forums for similar threads?

Because one of the things I like about the MMO-C forums is that there are hugely less of these "OMG the bads I have to play with" threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it sad how many people think 30k dps is actually decent at 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I find it funny you think someone doing 2.8k was even trying. 85 most classes can auto attack for more than 2.8k dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    2.8k dps? autoattacking for my rogue was like 7k. That person must have been afk most of the time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I find it sad how many people think 30k dps is actually decent at 90.
    Decent in my opinion would be 50k

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Decent in my opinion would be 50k
    For five mans, I'd drop that down to 30k as they might still be at bare minimum ilvl and on classes that don't have inflated DPS potential. Still. If someone can't at least pull 20k at an Elemental Shaman at 90, I have no idea what they're doing. ("Casual raider" Ele that pulls ~55k practicing on dummies unbuffed, btw)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I don't really understand dps this low. Even barely trying, while talking to friends, and not even bothering with my rotation, just moving enough to not stand in fire, I can manage 40-50k at a 474 ilvl on my mage. Actually playing it's 75k+

While the numbers you quoted are low,remember persons at that level prob don't break an Ilvl above much more than 400, don't have expertise/hit caps even for the instance and may be learning a new class or spec. I wouldn't worry so much bout the epeen meter when leveling.

15+ Year Old Account
    That destro lock has dps that destro locks pulled end TBC. Congrats to him.

Anyways, I do think there should be some form of recount in the normal UI to see how you perform. Aswell some links to guides where you can see what you´re supposed to do. There´re quite some people who don´t use recount/skada/whatever and they don't know how they're doing. Just like me, I don't know how I'm doing, but I do know what I'm doing. But if people don't know those two things, how do they know they should and how they can improve?
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    It gets worse at level 90. That feeling when the tank does the most dps on a single target fight that doesn't give vengeance (the pyro boss of SM who does pretty much 0 damage).