Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Facebook / Zynga targetted by Anonymous

Source: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...book-take-down
    Hacktivist group Anonymous has announced it will take down Facebook and release Zynga's games for free download on 5 November if the latter does not backtrack on alleged plans to lay off 1,000 employees and outsource work.
    Pretty hilarious if you ask me, even if it is blackmail/cyber terrorism.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could do without either group personally.

they failed last time doubt it will be any different now

Man, I hate Facebook and Zynga as much as the next person, but Anonymous know full well they can't take either of those sites down. Bad Wired for making an article based on statements from what is probably just one guy claiming to be 'Anonymous'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if Facebook was down, I bet some people would freak out... now that would be funny.

If they keep playing with fire they're going to get burnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Imagine if Facebook was down, I bet some people would freak out... now that would be funny.
    People kill themselves exposing there boobies online, facebook down we looking at another Reverend Jim Jones
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would very much like to see this in computer class, 80% of the students will al go WTF? at the same time xD
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    I would very much like to see this in computer class, 80% of the students will al go WTF? at the same time xD
    No child left behind!

10+ Year Old Account
    If Facebook goes down I'll sit and laugh, and continue laughing untill it comes back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'm pretty concerned about the fact while I wouldn't really care, my mother and her AUNT would freak out. Well. Maybe a little.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Just people from 4-chan having fun again by Ddossing stuff... Nothing new here.

What a bunch of spectacular dicks. If any of them get caught, they should face the absolute maximum charges that can be drummed up against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Just people from 4-chan having fun again by Ddossing stuff... Nothing new here.
    You still think it's 4chan that does this? The people staging this just use them as cannon fodder so they don't get caught.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    People kill themselves exposing there boobies online, facebook down we looking at another Reverend Jim Jones
    2012 is happening!

This again? Anonymous is starting to remind me of PETA. How cute, they think they're relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    This again? Anonymous is starting to remind me of PETA. How cute, they think they're relevant.
    This. I was not under the impression that Anon, in fact, warranted more than a passing "huh, ok."

Who cares. These guys are not relevant, and really have no lasting impression on the world at large. If facebook went down for a couple of hours or even a couple of days I think that largely society would care very little.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    No.. Don't take down FB, I need the music I get from there. D:

I'm equally as unimpressed with running a little script as I am disappointed they're blackmailing a company from doing what it's totally allowed to do (despite it being a horrible company).