Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Raid awareness saves you from bombs.
    Yeah, can he spec into that though?

Edit: You're also forgetting the other time he would have died had he not taken cheat death which was due to the boss's bleed which was not his fault (well, most likely).
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-11-02 at 10:00 PM.

I pull 109k as combat on this boss with 474ilvl. You should definitely try combat

You've had tons of posts on him playing Combat, which he should, and uptime/CD management, so I'm not gonna mention that.

He did die from a Cobalt Explosion, though, which is bad, but it wasn't just that, he died after taking 2 unmitigated Cobalt Explosions in a row, but not just that, he didn't get a single heal in those 7 seconds. Taking 2 Explosions in such a short amount of time is really bad and not getting healed up between is just as big of a mistake on your healers' part.

One bomb is not enough to kill you, there were either several awareness errors, a healing issue or both. Whether one "top" rogue took cheat death for heroic SG I don't care. I don't spec into things on normal mode that aren't one shot mechanics that are completely avoidable. If you can't feint a bomb, fail. You are on the bosses as melee, you can see the circle AND the dbm warning and have several seconds to feint of for some reason you can't move. Assuming cloak is down since if it's not you can immune it.

Find me one top rogue who took cheat death on normal. I haven't done heroic SG so I can't comment, but I was making a generalization. Cheat death is a pvp talent and not even a very good one anymore. It's a joke for pve unless there turns out to be a gimmick or a way to cheese a hard mechanic. Leeching is hands down the best "normal" talent, elusiveness has its uses on heavy raid aoe dmg fights, don't try to argue cheat death is awesome, it's laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    spec combat . problem solved

Again:
    Thank you all for your valuable input. Uptime, Poison, Talents - all good to know and more than worth a look into. I'll have a discussion with my rogue about all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzeeh View Post
    You've had tons of posts on him playing Combat, which he should, and uptime/CD management, so I'm not gonna mention that.

He did die from a Cobalt Explosion, though, which is bad, but it wasn't just that, he died after taking 2 unmitigated Cobalt Explosions in a row, but not just that, he didn't get a single heal in those 7 seconds. Taking 2 Explosions in such a short amount of time is really bad and not getting healed up between is just as big of a mistake on your healers' part.
    Actually a VERY informative piece of information. I'll give that to my fellow paladin healer.

Thanks alot again, I'll see what happens this week with red, blue, purple up. One more thing to watch out for -.-
    Greetz and thanks @all
    Fiercon

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    One bomb is not enough to kill you, there were either several awareness errors, a healing issue or both. Whether one "top" rogue took cheat death for heroic SG I don't care. I don't spec into things on normal mode that aren't one shot mechanics that are completely avoidable. If you can't feint a bomb, fail. You are on the bosses as melee, you can see the circle AND the dbm warning and have several seconds to feint of for some reason you can't move. Assuming cloak is down since if it's not you can immune it.

Find me one top rogue who took cheat death on normal. I haven't done heroic SG so I can't comment, but I was making a generalization. Cheat death is a pvp talent and not even a very good one anymore. It's a joke for pve unless there turns out to be a gimmick or a way to cheese a hard mechanic. Leeching is hands down the best "normal" talent, elusiveness has its uses on heavy raid aoe dmg fights, don't try to argue cheat death is awesome, it's laughable.
    You're right one bomb won't kill you. In fact that isn't even what he used his cheat death on. What his cheat death saved him from was actually the nasty bleed the boss does because tank failure led to him getting hit. I agree getting hit by a bomb is failing, but he clearly has a hard time with it. How exactly is the equivalent of pointing and laughing and telling him not to suck actually helping though? The bleed aside, what is killing him is the bombs and not reacting to them. Neither of those other talents will save him.

I agree that cheat death's value on normal where you don't have to worry about an instagib is greatly diminished. Healing is also a joke on that fight on normal so a minor amount of leeching poison heals shouldn't matter either. Damage from a normal bomb that was feinted is stupidly low, so I don't see 15% mattering either. With your line of thought, its normal, why bother picking a talent? I don't recall saying it is "awesome" overall, but it does have its uses.

You are the one who brought up "top rogues" in the first place without actually having any data apparently or you just don't want to provide it. It was dumb to mention that in the first place in a thread about normal modes because obviously things are different on heroic.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-11-06 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    Again:
    Thank you all for your valuable input. Uptime, Poison, Talents - all good to know and more than worth a look into. I'll have a discussion with my rogue about all of that.

Actually a VERY informative piece of information. I'll give that to my fellow paladin healer.

Thanks alot again, I'll see what happens this week with red, blue, purple up. One more thing to watch out for -.-
    Greetz and thanks @all
    Fiercon
    Sorry for not being a rogue here, but anyone taking a cobalt bomb when its not a cobalt phase is a big bag of fail, those things have like a 5 year arming timer, its not even as though they pop immediately on spawning.

Don't turn to your healers with that issue, they are keeping your tanks alive, the ones who can't simply avoid their damage by opening thier eyes and not just tunnelling thier rotation. Whereas opening eyes and not tunelling their rotation is all any non tank needs to take absolutely F-all dmg in that fight.

Hint: Easy way to get higher dps on that fight is for your DpS and healers to stop standing in crap so you can bring 2 healers to it without anyone dying... easy

I don't know your set up but if cobalt bombs are giving you trouble, get people to move out of them when they spawn, then get a:

Hunter with deterrence
    Shadow priest with dispersion
    Paladin with Divine Shield
    Paladin with Divine Protection

to pop them on thier own, so your healers aren't distrated by 3 of your raid dropping to 50%. Ret paladins work well for this because they can instantly dispell the root as well
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2012-11-06 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Hunter with deterrence
    Shadow priest with dispersion
    Paladin with Divine Shield
    Paladin with Divine Protection

to pop them on thier own, so your healers aren't distrated by 3 of your raid dropping to 50%. Ret paladins work well for this because they can instantly dispell the root as well
    Actually, and ironic because it's the rogue forums, once the rogue's learned to get out of bombs naturally, we're hands-down-best for breaking mines; sprint, CoS, run through the clusters. If they're tied as tight as you can hope, or you coordinate movement, you should be able to break 4-8 mines before CoS wears off. Outside of that, Elusive feint is also really high on the list for breaking mines (-65% taken, rather than the 40% from DP).

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Actually, and ironic because it's the rogue forums, once the rogue's learned to get out of bombs naturally, we're hands-down-best for breaking mines; sprint, CoS, run through the clusters. If they're tied as tight as you can hope, or you coordinate movement, you should be able to break 4-8 mines before CoS wears off. Outside of that, Elusive feint is also really high on the list for breaking mines (-65% taken, rather than the 40% from DP).
    You can also Prep and do it all again. Or Feint and ask for a dispel.

Rogues especially shouldn't die to bombs, haha.