Thread: Fade+prepot

Question Fade+prepot

I have been experimenting with using fade with my prepot, but I am curious - am I wasting my time? Specifically, do the effects of a fade used right before combat still work?

Essentially I am trying to find out if it can be used as 'aggro insurance' so I can land a MB/DP right as the tank enters combat with no chance of over threat.
    Last edited by Burchoid; 2012-11-02 at 05:22 PM.

2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

It's off GCD, just use it after the DP
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean by "prepot" ?

Quote Originally Posted by volcy View Post
    You use a potion before you enter combat so you get the effects of the pot for the beginning of the fight and then you can use it again later.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volcy View Post
    If you use something like Potion of the Jade Serpent during combat, you get Potion Sickness and can't use another one until after combat has ended. By using the potion immediately before combat begins, you can start the fight with the benefit of the potion and still be able to use one later on during the fight.

Blizzard didn't want people to feel forced to farm consumables all day just so they could pop a potion every 2 minutes in combat.
    Last edited by konway; 2012-11-02 at 03:52 PM.

Yeah, that's the way it works. I always fade and prepot and not once have I overaggroed at the pull even if I have 3 orbs saved up from before the pull. That's how you're supposed to do it if you want to be safe from overaggroing. Priests won't really overaggro anyways though, other classes will have higher threat.

And no, you're not wasting your time. It's off GCD and you won't really need it after the pull unless there are adds spawning.
    Last edited by dnlEHEH; 2012-11-02 at 03:59 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha wow - that's a really good tip to know! I had no idea! Thanks for clearing up my question!

It's definitely worth doing. With about 3-4 sec on the countdown, I pop fade. With about 2-3 sec left, I prepot. It allows me to go all out right away and never pull aggro. My tanks never need more than 6-7 seconds to have solid threat regardless of what I throw out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    It's definitely worth doing. With about 3-4 sec on the countdown, I pop fade. With about 2-3 sec left, I prepot. It allows me to go all out right away and never pull aggro. My tanks never need more than 6-7 seconds to have solid threat regardless of what I throw out.
    i dont fade probably because of the Warriors in my raid will pull aggro long before i do

Deleted
    I prepot at about 2s, and then fade immediately before my first cast (usually MB).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    I prepot at about 2s, and then fade immediately before my first cast (usually MB).
    This works for me as well. Fade works as aggro insurance.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter