Thread: Worgen vs panda

Worgen vs panda

It seems pretty straight forward to me but just want to check with you guys on here. For a fire mage in a raid with flasks and food buff etc:

Worgen has 1% increased crit
    Pandaren has double food buff (+250-275 int)

What would you rather have, forget about appearance and everything.

Depends. Do you like the extra passive damage, or do you like extra procs of pyroblast?

1 Intellect=1 Spell Power
    1 Intellect=0.00039% Crit

So 275 Intellect = 275 Spell Power and 0.1 % crit, making a loss of 0.9% crit and slightly less procs.

/grain of salt: Haven't played my mage in pandaland because she is an alt, but plan to soon.

Deleted
    panda because you wont be playing fire all the time

Gnome because gnomes are cool
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take in account that food buff is gone after you die and it's rather hard to get your food buff up after you get battle res in boss fight

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    it's rather hard to get your food buff up after you get battle res in boss fight
    Just don't die hehe.

In all seriousness both are decent, just go by aesthetics at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by courtjester311 View Post
    Depends. Do you like the extra passive damage, or do you like extra procs of pyroblast?

1 Intellect=1 Spell Power
    1 Intellect=0.00039% Crit

So 275 Intellect = 275 Spell Power and 0.1 % crit, making a loss of 0.9% crit and slightly less procs.

/grain of salt: Haven't played my mage in pandaland because she is an alt, but plan to soon.
    Pretty sure 1 Intellect is 1.155 spellpower. It took me a while to find out the number a week or two ago when I was changing my gear around and noticed it wasn't a 1:1 ratio. Not sure about the crit from 1 intellect though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayzee View Post
    It seems pretty straight forward to me but just want to check with you guys on here. For a fire mage in a raid with flasks and food buff etc:

Worgen has 1% increased crit
    Pandaren has double food buff (+250-275 int)

What would you rather have, forget about appearance and everything.
    Well according to sims, worgen seems to be the winner by some margin(for fire that is).

And even calculating urself u find that 600 crit rating > 300 int

Simulations Here

http://tinyurl.com/Worgen88
    http://tinyurl.com/pandaren88

You can see that Worgen wins out by a small margin of a couple hundred dps. If you want more answers to similar questions, I'd recommend picking up SimulationCraft. It is a very useful program and one that I spent a good amount of time using whenever I'm trying to decide for the next piece of loot I'm going to pursue or any similar question.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't pick race based on their racial trait. Pick the one you will enjoy and have the most fun playing with. Blizzard already stated that if they could, they would get rid of racial traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    You shouldn't pick race based on their racial trait. Pick the one you will enjoy and have the most fun playing with. Blizzard already stated that if they could, they would get rid of racial traits.
    I do believe that that was just Ghostcrawler who specifically said that.

Source: http://twitter.com/bdev9000/statuses/259356546968977409

With all the rep grinds I've been through the past month, I am very happy my mage is a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    That's a good point but it depends on the individual. Some people are willing to play a race just for the benefits and likewise pick professions with the most benefits.

I myself prefer humans just because of the way gear looks on them and because the model is pretty universal.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    With all the rep grinds I've been through the past month, I am very happy my mage is a human.
    The human racials are quite good. Go Humans!!!. A raider interesting in maxing their toon wouldn't care about them though.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Take in account that food buff is gone after you die and it's rather hard to get your food buff up after you get battle res in boss fight
    Well, you have to put up a food buff either way. Unless it's in LFD or something super casual.

EDIT: Yea... I didn't read your post. It's early. My bad
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.