Chrono Trigger for Android

So Chrono Trigger has finally just been released for Android!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gleplay.chrono

I have been looking forward to this for a really long time and just happened to randomly check the Play store today to see if it was out yet. I was surprised and excited to see it listed, but noticed that it had a fairly low rating from users for such a great game. Checking through the comments I noticed that a lot of the negativity comes from the fact that it has a form of DRM that periodically checks you have a legit version and makes you download more when you get to new areas as apparently what you initially download is not the complete game.

Even though I hate the fact that this makes it difficult to play for people in certain circumstances, I figured that for me it would only be a minor annoyance as it's usually no problem for me to have a constant connection, so I decided to go ahead an buy it, only to be told that it wasn't compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S3...

Anyone else having problems with it not being compatible with their phones, or have any comments on the game/DRM if it is actually compatible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Must fight urge....must wait until after I buy new phone.....give me strength...

I have been playing it on my droid for a while now using SuperGnes. You must purchase the app so you can save your game.

If it's anything like the one Square put out for the iphone a while back, and looking at the reviews it is...highly disappointing release.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what? It doesn't work with the S3? The phone that many people consider to be the best Android phone yet?
    If that's true, then wow.

Deleted
    The interface is fucking terrible and the game actually looks WORSE than the original version. Another massive fail from SquareFailnix

Yeah this company should just shutdown. Can't even make an improved version of a 15 yr old game.

In case you legitly own (or owned) SNES and original cartridge - you could play CT on Androids for long time by using emulation software (don't look at me as promoting any kind of piracy here, as I wrote - if you legitly own original).
    I figured that for me it would only be a minor annoyance as it's usually no problem for me to have a constant connection, so I decided to go ahead an buy it, only to be told that it wasn't compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S3...
    Original games don't have compatibility issues (just need to have Android 2.2+).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been playing the ROM for a good while now on my android. I cant stop playing it. I own every release the game has had so far even in Japanese which I cannot read, I just wanted the super famicom version too lol.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Ive been playing the ROM for a good while now on my android. I cant stop playing it. I own every release the game has had so far even in Japanese which I cannot read, I just wanted the super famicom version too lol.
    Funny thing is, I have played this and Final Fantasy 6 so much since they released. That I can play them in other languages and do just fine since I know all the dialogue options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.