Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently got credit for her, and here's what I noticed:
    doing the quests alone, she wouldn't give me credit (being on foot or flying). Sometimes I'd get credit from 1 of the 5 dailies. But, the day I was grouped with other 4 people I got credit for 7 quests (funny, since u only get 5 dailies...). Same for the priest one.

So if u have issues getting credit, try grouping up.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alinaya View Post
    You must have the official tag (not shared) with the final quest boss to get credit for Silent Assassin.

Fei Li also hasn't given me credit, and I've picked her for at least 4 days worth of dailies. Sadly, I can't offer any insight on that one, except that maybe the tracking is simply bugged as it is with Pandaria Safari (try completing the other NPCs and see if you get credit).
    Check my last comment on the thread under this one
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never bothered taking any of the companions along. I read on these forums when people first started doing the quests about the NPC's "eccentric" behaviour so decided to skip it. I got the achievement last night for not using any of them, which I didn't even know existed.

It doesn't matter anyway. I play a warlock and big blue does my tanking whilst I have an array of demons to call upon should the situation become hairy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Use this macro to check progress and make sure you are both dismounted
    /run local a=7298 print(format("\124cffFFFF00TODO for %s\124r",GetAchievementLink(a)))for i=1,GetAchievementNumCriteria(a)do local d,_,c,x,y=GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(a,i)if not c then print(format("%s %d/%d",d,x,y))end end
    Great post thanks a lot.

The achievement builds credit by having the NPC cast a spell on quest turn in. If the NPC is mounted (not the player), you will not get credit. However, to dismount the NPC, you yourself must be dismounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Use this macro to check progress and make sure you are both dismounted
    /run local a=7298 print(format("\124cffFFFF00TODO for %s\124r",GetAchievementLink(a)))for i=1,GetAchievementNumCriteria(a)do local d,_,c,x,y=GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(a,i)if not c then print(format("%s %d/%d",d,x,y))end end
    If I track the achievement and mouse-over it, it shows the progress of every NPC. It might be because of the addon OverAchiever though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with Fei Li?

Completed tons of dailies with her and nothing....
    The achiev is bugged but you can profite .

The achiev will count not only you handling in quests while your companion is with you , but anyone else around you.
    So make sure you have the companion with you , stay on the floor near the quest giver (not mounted) , be sure enough ppl are in the area doing quests and are handling them in , go afk a while . Come back later and enjoy your 15 quests " done " with that companion. Change the companion and repeat.

Its been very buggy, moreso recently than before. For instance I rolled blackguard dailies yesterday, chose Yi and went on my way, script said I needed 5 more(fully knowing ive done upwards of 20 with him already) ended up getting 3 after doing all 5 quests. Rolled blackguard again today, picked Yi again and went out, killed 1 yaungol and magically got 2 quest completion and Yi greened out. Abandoned all those quests and re picked them up and took the ironbelly guy(fresh, never worked on him before) with me, and after doing the 5 dailies I got completion progress for 6.

Point is I have no idea how or why some of this stuff is happening.

She's bugged for this achievement afaik.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    As I told before. If you and your companion are mounted when you hand in the quest , the achiev bug and didn't count that quest for the progress.
    But it will count for you the others handin in quests , as long as you stay near quest giver , not mounted , and with your companion near you.

Very strange behaviour. Blizzard did something wrong scripting this achiev/quest hub.

Deleted
    Bugged out thing, got exalted days ago and because of this I've to return and do even more dailies.......................... ......... ...... ....
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2012-11-07 at 06:48 PM. Reason: no need for bad words :)

Yeah guys I'm already done with her, turning the quests in while on the ground worked pretty good

Deleted
    Merged this with the other Shado-Pan thread. No need for 2 threads handling the same topic.

I hate "Silent Assassin"

Done that 4 times, tried every possible thing and still no achievment.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2012-11-08 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Do not swear please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I found it being pretty easy.
    Be sure to do it without a companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Really? I found it being pretty easy.
    Be sure to do it without a companion.
    Yeah it's not that the achievment is hard, but it's bugged. Reported it like 2 weeks ago and still nothing has changed. Was unmounted upon delivering the quests everytime, last time i even walked for the entire duration, but no. Just says "You can't do that yet" upon delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    For the "getting around with shado-pan" achievement, you can cheat/cheese by just picking a companion and going afk for a bit. Depending on the amount of activity going on you will get your 15 after a while. It is bugged and you get credit when anyone turns in a quest near you, towards whichever companion you have.

There is a script macro on Wowhead comments section for this achievement that can show your progress for each one.

Often times when you select a companion you will keep the no companion debuff. You won't get credit if you have this. Go out and aggro anything, run away until the monster leashes and your NPC despawns. It will respawn next to you and the debuff will be gone.

Doing this I completed this achievement after only having had each set of companions once, rather than needing to do 120+ dailies or whatever it is.
    Confirmed. Worked for my yesterday. Thank christ, I never need to use Protector Yi ever again. What was more frustrating was he couldn't aggro for shit, yet Lao kept aggro straight off the bat.

Deleted
    Ive been running around with a companion for 4 last days, while still having the debuff "you have not selected a shado-pan companion"...

Quote Originally Posted by kurko View Post
    Ive been running around with a companion for 4 last days, while still having the debuff "you have not selected a shado-pan companion"...
    Same, really annoying and not sure what is causing this. Tried logging out and didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by kurko View Post
    Take the portal to the North Island and then port back. Talk to the NPC again after, the debuff should be gone then.