Poll: What format/Game style should it Emulate

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If Blizzard adds a Trading Card Game to WOW, What format/Game style should it Emulate

Pet battles has been a successful addition to the game and am sure more than a few players would like to see a TCG added. If Blizzard ever does, what card game should it emulate?

Poll Added : If A IN-GAME tcg mini game was added to WOW, what TCG gameplay style should it emulate?
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-11-02 at 04:40 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I'm confused. They already have a TCG. Do you mean...specific to the pet battles...?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not have it emulate the WoW TCG?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

You mean in game tcg? thats dumb sorry man.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah what icedwarrior said, there is already a card game for WoW

Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh YESPLEASE.

Kidding. I wouldn't mind but doesn't fit to the game.
    Last edited by gaz770; 2012-11-02 at 05:13 PM.

how about poker for gold?

gotta catch em all

Triple Triad, similar to what's in FF8
    RETH

Deleted
    I've not even thought of that. That would be cool. I always loved the card games in Final Fantasy.
    I think the actual WoW TCG added into the game would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant In Game. Like Pet battles, you can log in, select your character and play a TCG minigame.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Yeah, you guys misunderstood the OP. He means just a card game, not necessarily the RL WoW one brought into WoW (or something similar).

Personally I'd love more mini-game stuff within WoW. Hell, you know what I'd love to play? Poker. In game. Being able to play for gold.

Would be SO AWESOME. (yes, I know gambling is a grey area)

Deleted
    Damn that's a good idea. Inscription could even create them.

Deleted
    Texas hold em.

Final Fantasy 8's card game. With rules depending on where you are and that can spread from region to region and be ommited from region to region.

I know it'll never be added, but I think it'd be neat.

they could just put the wow tcg ingame have a que system maybe make it where the rl tcg cards have codes on them where you can put in your cards and play with your rl cards
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

many games have had tcg's inside them already... and they were actually really fun. Might and magic, Final Fantasys, Everquest ... EQ's even added the "buying cards for money" which i'm sure WoW's stock holders would love.... so i'm really shocked they haven't added it yet more then i'm hopeful they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who find yu-gi-oh more irritating then pokemon?

Some freakish looking anime kids screaming at each other with bug eyes as they throw cards at each other.

If this was the real world, I'm seeing asylum escapees.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Am I the only one who find yu-gi-oh more irritating then pokemon?

Some freakish looking anime kids screaming at each other with bug eyes as they throw cards at each other.

If this was the real world, I'm seeing asylum escapees.
    digimon was always the best. its anime blew everyone elses out of the water. pokemon turned into repetitive drawn out crap with 20 filler episodes between important ones after the 2nd season. kanto and orange islands was the only really good seasons it just got worse from there.

even season 4 of digimon where it was based off super sentai (power rangers) was better then the majority of pokemon seasons
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Why add a trading card game to a digital game? Lets for a second forgot the medium (physical properties: trading cards). What you're really talking about adding is a strategy game of some kind (the medium the strategy is played out on/with is irrelevant). A strategy game where you command a group of creatures. So how does this new creature command strategy differ from the existing creature command strategy (pet battle)? The in game item looks like a card instead of the creature?

Trading card games are played using cardboard cards with drawings on them because thats the cheapest and easiest way to distribute and play a real life game with physical items. Video games could draw the actual creature/thing the card represents (pet battles) rather then the card itself (TCG). Seems like a step backwards to me.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-11-02 at 04:56 PM.