Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    What's strange is that i don't really miss outdoors Outland; i do miss Coilfang Reservoir, Hellfire Citadel and Tempest Keep though.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh tbc isn't nearly as bad as old vanilla was...quests are rather sequenced and the rewards are good..i would prefer a few slight changes to some quests while the 95% focus on a new continent (possibly linked through one of the outland portals) or an emerald dream continent linked through the giant trees scattered around the world (duskwood,feralas,hinterlands, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What would you like to see done to Outland / reworked when they revisit outland for the Argus Expansion? The questing is already pretty streamlined, and the quests flow from zone to zone pretty well. So what changes to the landscape, or what things would you like added to the world?

What kind of things would you like to see in Argus? How would we get there from Azeroth, or would we have to enter another dark portal in Zangarmarsh to get to Argus?
    First of all there isn't going to be an Argus expansion (I have the same sources you see) and secondly, Outland is done and will never ever be revamped, maybe used in a scenario sense to supplement story to support a return of the burning legion, but that's it. Sorry to break it to you like this, but it's dead content with one purpose only and that's to level your characters through.

Move on and start posting some original threads.... oh and congratulations on lasting more than a week without getting banned, it truly is an accomplishment on your part, I'm impressed.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    First of all there isn't going to be an Argus expansion (I have the same sources you see) and secondly, Outland is done and will never ever be revamped, maybe used in a scenario sense to supplement story to support a return of the burning legion, but that's it. Sorry to break it to you like this, but it's dead content with one purpose only and that's to level your characters through.

Move on and start posting some original threads.... oh and congratulations on lasting more than a week without getting banned, it truly is an accomplishment on your part, I'm impressed.
    Right. You have sources telling you that we'll never go to Argus. Right.

Optimized, yes.

Redone? absolutely not

Cataclysm, amongst other things, proved that you should not waste valuable time redoing/rehashing old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    TBC = New Content, brand new continent

WotLK = New Content, brand new continent

Cataclysm = New Content regions PLUS remodeled and revisited old content

MoP = New Content, brand new continent

Shut up.
    Forgot I'm not allowed an opinion, how about you get off your high horse and shut up.

ZG/ZA, Nax, DS being a dragonblight and EoE based raid, non unique basic models for major characters, some examples of what I don't want. Not to mention the abomination that was Cataclysm. I don't care what you want but that's what I don't want since it's laziness and little changes like that make it so much better. Example being the new tactics in ZA/ZG were cool but a lot of people thought it sucked just because it was the same environment.

Source for both the "Argus Expansion" and us revisiting Outland please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Source for both the "Argus Expansion" and us revisiting Outland please.
    There is no source but it's likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Forgot I'm not allowed an opinion, how about you get off your high horse and shut up.

ZG/ZA, Nax, DS being a dragonblight and EoE based raid, non unique basic models for major characters, some examples of what I don't want. Not to mention the abomination that was Cataclysm. I don't care what you want but that's what I don't want since it's laziness and little changes like that make it so much better. Example being the new tactics in ZA/ZG were cool but a lot of people thought it sucked just because it was the same environment.
    You're missing the point.
    You're always getting new content, but Cataclysm was the only expansion where we got the remodeled zones on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You should see the thread where i got hammered by wow fanboys of rehashed content. They surely do love their rehashed content.

Not all of what i am suggesting is rehashed. Yes Outland would be rehashed to make sense moving into Argus, or as an intro. The quest flow is already there, perhaps just changes some of the quest text to make sense in going to Argus to fight the burning legion.
    You get hammered even by the haters on this site because all you do is bash on people, not respect their opinions unless their yours, and then use sly comments to slither away from them like a snake in the grass.

Regardless, no.

How would it even make sense to redo Outlands?

How would people get from 60-70.

Burning Crusade would've been wasted and everyone would bitch about rehashed content.

Thanks for another fantastic thread Jaylock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You're missing the point.
    You're always getting new content, but Cataclysm was the only expansion where we got the remodeled zones on top of that.
    There is no point, it's simply my opinion.

Still don't get why everyone hated Cata so much.

Aside from a backwater story in the final patch wrapping things together, it did add a lot of good features to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no point, it's simply my opinion.

Even if it is quite silly. Cataclysm was far from rehash.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Still don't get why everyone hated Cata so much.

Aside from a backwater story in the final patch wrapping things together, it did add a lot of good features to WoW.
    Some people liked it and that's their opinion, but ye the majority didn't like it. It had a lot of flaws and poorly implemented things, although it did introduce some cool things.

Assuming that Argus is the main planet of Kil'Jaeden and his forces, an invasion there is impossible without something lame like the Titans themselves helping. The Legion has been in control for over 20,000 years and there are too many demons for everyone, including Naaru shooting lasers, Bolvar Lich King, Tirion with the Ashbringer and anyone else on Azeroth. You expect people to land on Argus and quest slowly throughout the planet since the NPC's miraculously gained enough ground to reach Kil'Jaeden's door? It worked in Outland because the world itself was divided between Legion and Illidari troops and it worked for Northrend because the Lich King was only in active power for a short term (he spent some time frozen on the throne).

A Burning Legion expansion can take place on another planet where they are about to be invaded by the Legion and the Alliance/Horde helm them. Both factions get a new race and we get the chance to see some new lore and civilizations. The final content patch could be a giant zone from Argus, filled with several new reps (not one), tons of dailes, the new raids, 5 mans and more.

There is no source but it's likely.
    It's a possibility. So are plenty of other things. That doesn't mean they should be treated as facts.

And honestly, I don't know why we'd revisit Outland in a manner that'd involve a rework, unless it's meant to be an old world-like rework similar to what happened in Cataclysm. Even then, I'd say that it's perfectly fine as is and it'd be a waste of resources to update it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Even if it is quite silly. Cataclysm was far from rehash.
    I never said Cataclysm was, there were some things but I certainly didn't say the whole of Cata was.

Some people liked it and that's their opinion, but ye the majority didn't like it. It had a lot of flaws and poorly implemented things, although it did introduce some cool things.
    Yarr. I love WoW but I will agree Cata wasn't exactly my favorite cup of tea.

No worries. Everyone's entitled to their opinion as long as they back it up and it's not just mindless spewing of insults from the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It's a possibility. So are plenty of other things. That doesn't mean they should be treated as facts.

And honestly, I don't know why we'd revisit Outland in a manner that'd involve a rework, unless it's meant to be an old world-like rework similar to what happened in Cataclysm. Even then, I'd say that it's perfectly fine as is and it'd be a waste of resources to update it.
    It's just a thread for ideas, don't take it so literal. But yeah, Blizzard can always surprise us so nothing is concrete until they say.

Deleted
    I loved TBC but I can't stand the sight of outland these days. I wouldn't mind a Burning Legion theme but id like to see new zones.